Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else downloading GTAV from PSN Store?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Pangea wrote: »
    Lot of folk on twitter saying the psn store was hacked and they are downloading GTA V for free.
    I doubt that, I think you can download it for free, but you need to have funds in your wallet by release time for it to work.

Yeah anyone can download it, you can download it with €0.00 in your wallet but as you say you're obviously going to have the money in your wallet come 1am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Pangea wrote: »
    Lot of folk on twitter saying the psn store was hacked and they are downloading GTA V for free.
    I doubt that, I think you can download it for free, but you need to have funds in your wallet by release time for it to work.

Exactly that. Funds will be taken out for the pre-orders at midnight. If you've not paid, you won't get an unlock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

12.01 - no unlock.

The waiting game continues....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I thought it was a 1am unlock?

Dord wrote: »
    I thought it was a 1am unlock?

Looks like it is, one can live in hope though.

The funds have been debited from my account anyway, so hopefully go time at 1am.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭m_hunter

A-Trak wrote: »

The funds have been debited from my account anyway, so hopefully go time at 1am.

75% 4 me... will get some sleep, you guys all off tomo?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

I thought it was 12. Got all the goodies ready, pulled the seat up close, took a drink and was ready to get stuck in by 11:59. Damn

81%. Time for bed. I'll install and play tomorrow evening. It'll be a long day tomorrow. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

A-Trak wrote: »

no funds taken out of my wallet yet anyway. i have €70.04 or something, has everyone else had theres taken out?

• Advertisement

Mine was taken out right away when I did the preorder this evening.

Unlocked :D

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

not working for me. funds havent left my wallet, gta 5 says purchased in the store. not sure what else to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭barry181091

Just another 660 minutes left for my download...

Albeit I have just started it and its over the PS3 wifi. To be fair I have 150mb UPC though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

40% downloaded for me in 3 hours
    My theme is unlocked though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Download was boIIocksing corrupted.:mad: Have to download again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Download was boIIocksing corrupted.:mad: Have to download again.

Try turning off SPI on your router.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Varik wrote: »
    Try turning off SPI on your router.

How?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Quick question

If I download grand theft to my ps3,can I then give my login details to a friend and let him download the game aswell for free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

mine was corrupted to. sickened. took ten hours to do aswel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Second try at installing it and it failed again at 14%. I changed my DNS settings PS3 side and followed some of the suggestions from this thread and this one but doesn't seem to be working. Someone said to rebuild the database and that worked for them so I'm doing that... goodbye playlists :(

Going to disable firewall just in case too. Will leave the download on while I sleep, been up for hours trying to fix this bollocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭1qTour

I have tried it twice. Corrupted when trying to install both times. Just followed these steps and trying to download again..

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Grand-Theft-Auto/GTA-V-PRE-LOAD-FIX/td-p/19749897

Also added the DNS settings on this page that seemingly worked for another person...

http://community.singstar.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Technical-Help/GTA-V-Corrupted-data/m-p/19754423

Wont know if it works until this eve after work

1qTour wrote: »
    I have tried it twice. Corrupted when trying to install both times. Just followed these steps and trying to download again..

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Grand-Theft-Auto/GTA-V-PRE-LOAD-FIX/td-p/19749897

Also added the DNS settings on this page that seemingly worked for another person...

http://community.singstar.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Technical-Help/GTA-V-Corrupted-data/m-p/19754423

Wont know if it works until this eve after work

Are you getting the whole 18 gb to download and its when you have to install the game data then

Mines had stopped at 67% for some reason, just resuming now from 67%, wouldn't be surprised if its corrupt after that.

Are you getting the whole 18 gb to download and its when you have to install the game data then

Yea. It would download and cancel on installation at 14%

1qTour wrote: »
    Yea. It would download and cancel on installation at 14%

Same here. Did it 4 times. Furthest I got was 21%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

Same for me. Corrupted at 14%. I'll download it once more and let you know if it works. Should know by 12pm.

Is it difficult to get a refund from Sony??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Was thinking of getting two £25 PSN vouchers for £46 and using them for GTA 5 off the PSN store as my DVD drive packed in about a week ago.

Has anyone successfully managed to actually download and install though?

Well downloading over the Ps3 wifi was a bad choice, was 30% done after 8 or so hours...on a 150mb UPC connection. I knew it beforehand too but I was like, "It will be fine!".

Just plugged it in there through ethernet, restarted download and should only take 60 minutes its telling me, sweet!

Hopefully I don't get the corruption issues!

Shzm wrote: »
    Was thinking of getting two £25 PSN vouchers for £46 and using them for GTA 5 off the PSN store as my DVD drive packed in about a week ago.

My first download fin 12PM last night, got install corruption.

Then I redo the download again, and go to sleep, this morning it install and play alright.

Think you'd better kick off the download mid-night, and leave your ps3 there, mine 1st download was paused several times, that could be the cause.

PSN download suck...

Shzm wrote: »

Mine downloaded and installed with no problems.
    I just set it off, left the house and came back a couple of hours later - all done.

• Advertisement

Actually, to the people that have problems with corruption, what ISP's/packages are you on?

Actually, to the people that have problems with corruption, what ISP's/packages are you on?

On a 10mb with Magnet. Used the neighbours free WiFi for the 1st one. Using my own now. Please, please work.

On 82% of the download at the moment.

winston82 wrote: »
    On a 10mb with Magnet. Used the neighbours free WiFi for the 1st one. Using my own now. Please, please work.

On 82% of the download at the moment.

Yeah id say thats why alright, wifi is so flakey. I also wouldn't pause the download at all. The PS3 just doesn't seem to like it.

Sky broadband 6mb. Shouldn't be issues tho. I downloaded 3 games last week from my plus sub including ac3.

Ok tried to install but it says corrupted, wish I just bought it on amazon now

Yeah id say thats why alright, wifi is so flakey. I also wouldn't pause the download at all. The PS3 just doesn't seem to like it.

Seems to be installing past 14% now.

Just can't look at it. Please. Please.

Seems to be installing past 14% now.

Just can't look at it. Please. Please.

Jesus how long does it take to install?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Got £50 PSN credit for £41 in the end, so I'm gonna give it a go.

150 Mb UPC via ethernet

• Advertisement

Redownloading now, only another 403 minutes to go sure.
    Turned off wifi and using cable this time.

Mine downloaded ok. I was using a 50mb UPC connection with the PS3 connected by ethernet. The PS3's IP is also in the DMZ on the router.

I turned it on briefly this morning to check and abruptly failed the first mission because I shot someone. Oops!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Turn off your router firewall, wire direct to PS3. Set MTU on PS3 to 1497 and dont download in back ground. Might be overkill but worked for me after failed install last night.

79% downloaded ....come on baby!

Jesus how long does it take to install?

Took around 30 minutes or so. Working now, eventually.

That was heartbreaking stuff.

• Advertisement

forgot to mentione

PSN version of GTA V suffer the same problem like XBOX360 2nd disc install streaming issue

It's bad unless we upgrade HDD to SSD, I really wish i brought the 25EURO cheaper disc version

Installing now @ 3%. Download stopped at 95%, think the net connection went but apparently it can just continue.....I have my doubts though...

...aaaaand 80029564 error. Thats great.

Same for me. Corrupted at 14%. I'll download it once more and let you know if it works. Should know by 12pm.

Is it difficult to get a refund from Sony??

I see in that ps forum link above that someone got a refund.
    Its a refund to your ps wallet though, not to your credit card.
    Wouldnt mind a refund now, but I dont want to ring up, it would cost a fortune, there doesn't appear to be any email address to contact?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Go onto your router and turn SPI off, this should sort everyone out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement