Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else downloading GTAV from PSN Store?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Varik wrote: »
    Go onto your router and turn SPI off, this should sort everyone out.

What ia spi. And how

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Pangea wrote: »
    I see in that ps forum link above that someone got a refund.
    Its a refund to your ps wallet though, not to your credit card.
    Wouldnt mind a refund now, but I dont want to ring up, it would cost a fortune, there doesn't appear to be any email address to contact?

Doubt it's true

What ia spi. And how

What router do you have

Varik wrote: »
    What router do you have

Its a sky router.

Im guna try pick up a copy after college. If I can I just cancel the preorder because hey still havent tried to take the money yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Managed to download yesterday and play last night for a few hours. This morning went to turn the ps3 on and showed up with corrupt file instead of the GTA icon. Absolutely raging. Re-downloading now.

Would have been better off going to gamestop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,118 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I dont think i will ever download a game ever, I hope they arent betting on this nonsense as being the 'future'

Hard copies FTW

right heres the craic lads. picked up a copy in smyths so i got home the download was still corrupted rang sony to see had they taken the funds from my account. they said no so they let me cancel it there. your man on the phone told me that the issue was down to rockstar. he also said they cant refund anyone as it basically wasn't there fault and there should be a updated download by 4. right i'm off to play the game. i hope the rest of ya get sorted out with the downloads.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So would ye advise or not advise to download from the store?its 79 ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

When I left for work it was at 40%, come back its at 4% :O
    Seriously, this is crazy.

right heres the craic lads. picked up a copy in smyths so i got home the download was still corrupted rang sony to see had they taken the funds from my account. they said no so they let me cancel it there. your man on the phone told me that the issue was down to rockstar. he also said they cant refund anyone as it basically wasn't there fault and there should be a updated download by 4. right i'm off to play the game. i hope the rest of ya get sorted out with the downloads.

So you bought a copy of the game in smyths and a download version?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

So would ye advise or not advise to download from the store?its 79 ya?

Don't right now. Installs aren't working for a lot of people. Supposedly they released a working version/fix at 4 o clock, have to wait and see if it works when downloaded.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Technical-Help/Ps3-error-80029564-GTA-V-install-part-future-problems-Someone/td-p/19745181/page/37

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭1qTour

Got it installed from this mornings download. Either I just got lucky or the steps in the links I posted did the trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

So the failed install seems to have eaten up 17GB of my HDD space, which means I now don't have enough space to download the game. There's no way to delete the corrupted download as it's not listing in my game menu or game data utility. Called SONY support, apparently very strange error and there's nothing I can do except delete crap to make room or a do a full format (not happening). Deleted Just Cause 2 and some other stuff, have enough room now and attempting a new download (I hear it's fixed). Goodbye to that 17GB forever though...

So the failed install seems to have eaten up 17GB of my HDD space, which means I now don't have enough space to download the game. There's no way to delete the corrupted download as it's not listing in my game menu or game data utility. Called SONY support, apparently very strange error and there's nothing I can do except delete crap to make room or a do a full format (not happening). Deleted Just Cause 2 and some other stuff, have enough room now and attempting a new download (I hear it's fixed). Goodbye to that 17GB forever though...

I heard people mentioning going into safe mode to delete their corrupt file for some reason , worth a try.
    http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/How-to-access-Playstation-3-SAFE-MODE/td-p/5812274

^

Already tried that, once it said there was no corrupt data and the second time I tried it while on phone to SONY support and it said there was corrupted data but after it was done I was still down exactly 17GB. I am upset but I just really hope that whatever rogue GTAV data that got through and is now floating int he mysteries of HDD space doesn't interfere with the new download and install of GTAV I'm doing.

So you bought a copy of the game in smyths and a download version?

Yes I brought it in the shop but didn open it till I knew the payment hadn't gone through on psn. If it did. I would of returned the game tomorrow.

Well just turned my ps3 off after 21 hours on non stop. It needs a break, not even going to bother downloading it this evening, going to wait to see what playstation say to my email requesting my money back.

Yes I brought it in the shop but didn open it till I knew the payment hadn't gone through on psn. If it did. I would of returned the game tomorrow.

Apologies, I didnt realise you actually got to cancel your order. I mis read your post.
    I see on my own credit card statement the money is reserved, its not complete, maybe il try ringing them then. Is the phonecall expensive per minute?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I'm on my 3rd full download at this stage!
    First one took 20 hours, corrupted on install.
    2nd one too about 14 hours. Again corrupted on install.
    This time it's looking like about 20 hours again so who knows.

I bought the PSN credit from Xtravision so I've no hope of a refund. The best id get is the money back on my PSN, but it's no good to me there as if I don't get GTA there's nothing I want.

• Advertisement

Apologies, I didnt realise you actually got to cancel your order. I mis read your post.
    I see on my own credit card statement the money is reserved, its not complete, maybe il try ringing them then. Is the phonecall expensive per minute?

Your grand :) I cancelled it first on the ps3 so it came up on there sysyem as cancelled. So rang them after you do that maybe just to be safe. The rates is the national rate as far as I know

Your grand :) I cancelled it first on the ps3 so it came up on there sysyem as cancelled. So rang them after you do that maybe just to be safe. The rates is the national rate as far as I know

I see, that option isnt available for me , I heard some people say the rate is premium so im not sure, just spent five minutes on hold and hung up.

I see, that option isnt available for me , I heard some people say the rate is premium so im not sure, just spent five minutes on hold and hung up.

Have ya started the new download yet.

Have ya started the new download yet.

Well when i left the house earlier it was at 40% and when i came back it was at 4%. Bizzarre. Dont know how that happened. Obviosuly must of started again somehow
    letting the ps3 take a break for a while before starting again,at this point I would rather a refund.

Well when i left the house earlier it was at 40% and when i came back it was at 4%. Bizzarre. Dont know how that happened. Obviosuly must of started again somehow
    letting the ps3 take a break for a while before starting again,at this point I would rather a refund.

thats weird. I meant to say I cancelled the pre order from the sony website and on the playstation if that helps.

• Advertisement

Download stuck on 74% for and hour now.

Hard luck, but looking at EU community page theres thousands of others in the same boat. This is obviously cause for a refund, and if they dont give us a refund Im going to try the charge back feature of my credit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Have you tried pausing it and resuming? ^^ Used to happen to mine quite a lot until I tried out that trick a few times.

Third download took 16 hours!! (To go with the 20 hour and 14 hour attempts previous) and 54gb of data downloaded in total!

I've just had a call from my son that the latest install has.... Succeeded!!! Result!
    Now for the 2hrs 20 mins to drag in till I get home for an hour of carnage before bed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Third download to 16 hours!! (To go with the 20 hour and 14 hour attempts previous) and 54gb of data downloaded in total!

I've just had a call from my son that the latest install has.... Succeeded!!! Result!
    Now for the 2hrs 20 mins to drag in till I get home for an hour of carnage before bed!

Huzzah! After all that hard work and near mental breakdown, I can only hope its everything you were expecting and more.

• Advertisement

14% error... again. Even after they apparently fixed this. What the hell am I supposed to do now.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Huzzah! After all that hard work and near mental breakdown, I can only hope its everything you were expecting and more.

Thanks friend... I will forgive your laughing at my shambles of an attempt at getting this game. Haha.

So hows everyone getting on since?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Downloaded fine first time and installed no issues.

Game runs fine too, no texture pop-ins etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭m_hunter

2nd download woks like a charm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

First attempt downloaded fine, but wouldn't install - says data is corrupt. Deleted and 2nd download has just crashed.
    Will try 3rd attempt soon, but seriously regretting not just popping into Tescos to get it at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

First attempt downloaded fine, but wouldn't install - says data is corrupt. Deleted and 2nd download has just crashed.
    Will try 3rd attempt soon, but seriously regretting not just popping into Tescos to get it at this stage.

What's the story with refunds for games you've purchased via the PSN Store? I'd be apoplectic after two failed downloads tbh!

Demand a refund and buy a physical copy =p

What's the story with refunds for games you've purchased via the PSN Store? I'd be apoplectic after two failed downloads tbh!

Some people reporting they have been offered a refund after asking for it, I asked for one myself but they just emailed me back some mass email template on how to fix the problem.
    I seen on the forums some people have tried to download it 12 times!, and others reporting downloads resetting like mines did.

I've just emailed explaining my issues and asking for a refund. Just gave up trying to download last night after another failed attempt and my ps3 had been on for about 30hrs straight.

This experience would make me re-consider any future psn purchases very carefully. Considering I bought the game on Tuesday, it will be Friday at the earliest before it's downloaded at this stage and that's assuming there are no further problems - something I'm not at all confident of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 Socrates

I tried today for the first time and it downloaded and installed first time without a hitch. Don't know if all the problems have now been fixed or if I just got lucky but it's working fine for me.

Just in case anyone was still thinking of downloading this.

• Advertisement

I've just emailed explaining my issues and asking for a refund. Just gave up trying to download last night after another failed attempt and my ps3 had been on for about 30hrs straight.

This experience would make me re-consider any future psn purchases very carefully. Considering I bought the game on Tuesday, it will be Friday at the earliest before it's downloaded at this stage and that's assuming there are no further problems - something I'm not at all confident of.

Let me no how you get on, I got another email from Sony asking me to give them my phone number and they will ring me regarding my request for a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Smarmy

My disk drive is being a bitch lately so having to download it. It's downloading at the moment. Is this a problem every one is having, regarding corrupt downloads or just some people? 70e is a big stretch for me this week so don't want it wasted on nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I was going to download it but saw some article saying the quality is very much inferior to the disk version. This is shocking if true - pay over the odds for an inferior product? Also seems to be lots of issues with failed downloads.
    I certainly won't be downloading this now...........unless drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭m_hunter

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I was going to download it but saw some article saying the quality is very much inferior to the disk version. This is shocking if true - pay over the odds for an inferior product? Also seems to be lots of issues with failed downloads.
    I certainly won't be downloading this now...........unless drunk

If you have a new 3k or 4k model, then download might be good, after download, there's no disc noise like jet engine...

Older version should avoid download, they had report old version will suffer a lot.

Few version should rebuild DB after download for best GTA 5 performance.

I had some problem with my download also, but 2nd try works

And for the inferior compare to disc version, I have the problem initially, but the problem gone after rebuild DB

However 70 EURO price for PSN on EU is not acceptable!!!! See the price on US PSN and UK PSN

FXXK u SONY! :mad:

m_hunter wrote: »
    Few version should rebuild DB after download for best GTA 5 performance.

I had some problem with my download also, but 2nd try works

And for the inferior compare to disc version, I have the problem initially, but the problem gone after rebuild DB

What is rebuilding DB and how do you do it?

FXXK u SONY! :mad:

Sony get a cut, they don't set the price.

So FXXK u R*

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Smarmy

Downloaded and installed without issue for me but took 10 hours, such a slow download

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Yeah, 70e is ridiculous. and its the publisher, rockstar who set the prices.
    I was originally going to get the retail disc version, but when my brother offered to go halfs over psn @ 35e each, i went with that instead. He doesnt play online, so no issues with that =]

I pre installed the game before release, but my brother brought his ps3 around for me to dL on tuesday, and been getting the errors since, tried downloading countless times on tue and wed. The first one corrupted during installation, every one after that has reset during download. Gonna try again later today after a days break. Hopefully the servers have calmed down.

If you have a new 3k or 4k model, then download might be good, after download, there's no disc noise like jet engine...

whats 3k and 4k model?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

What is rebuilding DB and how do you do it?

+1 to this. Interested to see if theres a way to improve it.

Advertisement