Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst divers in the sport?

• 15-09-2013 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Ashley has got to be the worst, his diving yesterday was pathetic.

List some of the sports worst divers e.g. Ashley Young and Luis Nani.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

watching motd2 too, huh?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Thread won't end well if it survives imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

retalivity wrote: »
    watching motd2 too, huh?

ha yeah man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Hmm so Young and Nani as you have already mentioned, let me see who else, remember Rooney dived that time, oh and Carrick that other time

Sure just the whole United team so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ya Young is a diver, maybe the worst I have seen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Bobby Pires, Henry, Danny Galbraith...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Young, Suarez, Gerrard, Di Maria etc.

Loads of divers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Every team has players partial to diving. You could potentially have the bones of a decent discussion here if you hadn't loaded the first post with an obvious rise.

A kind of Platoon from SoccerAm thread would be good.

Young's dive was pretty shocking in that he kicked the Palace player to make it happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Bale is a fucker for it.

Hmm so Young and Nani as you have already mentioned, let me see who else, remember Rooney dived that time, oh and Carrick that other time

Sure just the whole United team so

No need for that mate, leave your bad feelings towards United outside of this thread.

Cheers.

• Advertisement

Antonio Valencia is a disgrace also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

I think the worst, hands down, is Jordi Alba.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭linvoysblues

Neymar has to take the award for this. Frustrating that this kid has the whole world in his hands, role model for hundreds of millions, and yet he chooses to fall down at the slightest (if any) contact.

I hope there's not a draught in his house, he wouldn't get anything done.

Case and point... http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/neymar-dive-uru.gif

elefant wrote: »
    I think the worst, hands down, is Jordi Alba.

Sergio Busquetus is awful aswell.

cson wrote: »
    Every team has players partial to diving. You could potentially have the bones of a decent discussion here if you hadn't loaded the first post with an obvious rise.

A kind of Platoon from SoccerAm thread would be good.

Young's dive was pretty shocking in that he kicked the Palace player to make it happen.

I wonder should he have got a yellow for the kick and a yellow for the dive?

He wouldn't do it again if he had.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

De Gea is probably worse than Young for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

Young and basically every player in Spain!

Young is a joke tho.

Fellaini is another one.

And Van Persie is a notorious diver IMO, he'd not look out of place standing on a board over an Olympic swimming pool.

Did we forget anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur.

Every team has divers but don't let that ruin everyones crusade against rival teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Neymar has to take the award for this. Frustrating that this kid has the whole world in his hands, role model for hundreds of millions, and yet he chooses to fall down at the slightest (if any) contact.

I hope there's not a draught in his house, he wouldn't get anything done.

He's been getting the tar kicked out of him playing with Barca so far- looks to have toned down the acting too from what I've seen (Confed Cup notwithstanding)

• Advertisement

Every club has them.

He's been getting the tar kicked out of him playing with Barca so far- looks to have toned down the acting too from what I've seen (Confed Cup notwithstanding)

He was a bloody disgrace in the Confed cup.

Fellaini is another one.

And Van Persie is a notorious diver IMO, he'd not look out of place standing on a board over an Olympic swimming pool.

Did we forget anyone?

Vidic and Rio;)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭linvoysblues

I don't blame them. If he came to a league I was playing in (in this fantasy I'm 3 stone thinner and have calves of steel), I'd make sure if he's going down I'd give him something to go down about.

The Confed Cup, and subsequent internationals have just been painful to watch him in though.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Every club has them.

They sure do, but even as a United fan I felt embarrassed by Young yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Lee Hughes...Oh sorry I misread the thread title(too soon?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Ronaldo? Love his football, and Im a big Man U fan and was sorry to see him go, but the amount of writhing on the ground he did/does is irritating.

Theres a great picture i saw, possibly on Facebook, of Soccer/Football versus Rugby, and theres a Ronaldo type writhing on the ground in supposed agony, asking to be taken off and theres a rugby player with blood streaming down his face pleading to be allowed stay on.

Im not saying anything against the sport, obviously I love it, but just a few players dive, and so make it seem like this is the norm and so it becomes the norm.

I think all United fans should be, fair play for holding your hand up.
    Hopefully Moyes really does pull him up on it.

Ashley Young and Luis Nani.

Antonio Valencia

Quandary wrote: »
    De Gea

Vidic and Rio;)

Carrick, Rooney and Fellaini.

Seems we got them all, next thread?

Being serious though, If you want to see the biggest collection of divers on one pitch you just need to watch an El Classico.

• Advertisement

Yeah it was pretty ridiculous. Moyes has spoken out against diving in the past so I'd imagine a few words were said.

Rodgers had a word with Suarez last year I think and he cleaned up his act with regards the diving and whinging in the 2nd half of the season. He tried to eat someone of course but that's another story!

Moyes didn't seem too pleased either. Fair play.

If more managers were honest about it maybe it would change.

It is very annoying watching grown men acting like babies,don't care what club they're with.

Waving imaginary cards as well,does my head in.

Moyes didn't seem too pleased either. Fair play.

If more managers were honest about it maybe it would change.

It is very annoying watching grown men acting like babies,don't care what club they're with.

Waving imaginary cards as well,does my head in.

Agree.

As for bit in Bold..1000% agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

All the obvious examples of blatant divers in the game and the op can only think of 2 examples, 1 of whom I wouldn't even consider in the notorious list like such players as young bale suarez busquets neymar di maria robben etc.

Wonder what the link between those 2 players originally mentioned could be..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

syklops wrote: »
    Ronaldo? Love his football, and Im a big Man U fan and was sorry to see him go, but the amount of writhing on the ground he did/does is irritating.
    This is the one thing stopping him from being the best player in the world for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭Dante

The worst display I remember in recent years was the Celtic v Porto UEFA cup final in 03. As soon as Porto took the lead it was like watching the diving at the Olympics with players going down left right and centre. The Porto keeper in particular was ridiculous, every time he caught the ball he went down screaming in agony with what one could only assume was a shotgun blast to the leg.

• Advertisement

Daemos wrote: »
    This is the one thing stopping him from being the best player in the world for me

Messi would also be a slight obstacle

That Israel Goalie when Ireland drew at home with them in 2005 deserves a mention.

Wonder did he pick up his Oscar.;)

Didier Drogba used to make my blood boil for his diving antics at chelsea, Ronaldo aswell is an obvious one.

Danny Welbeck, Luis Suarez and Bale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Youngs pretty bad. Gerrard used to be as well, he gave out about divers too.

• Advertisement

Danny Welbeck, Luis Suarez and Bale.

Really?

I don't really see enough Man Utd games to make a judgement but I can't remember Welbeck being a diver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

syklops wrote: »

Theres a great picture i saw, possibly on Facebook, of Soccer/Football versus Rugby, and theres a Ronaldo type writhing on the ground in supposed agony, asking to be taken off and theres a rugby player with blood streaming down his face pleading to be allowed stay on.

Im not saying anything against the sport, obviously I love it, but just a few players dive, and so make it seem like this is the norm and so it becomes the norm.

I havnt seen Ronaldo dive in years. Im not one for criticising players for diving, i couldn't be bothered if he did but I genuinely havnt seen him dive in a good while.

I hope that's just taking the p*ss and not actually full on delusion.

Welbeck does have his fair share of Bambi on ice moments, sometimes he tackles himself, sometimes he just falls over the ball, but diving? and in the same sentence as Suarez and Bale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Sergio Busquetus is awful aswell.

He's actually cleaned up a bit in the last while. Used to be terrible for it. Jordi Alba wins this hands down now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Damien Duff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Funnily enough I hate the pretending to be injured/timewasting/free kick dives far far more than I hate a good old swan dive in the box.

I mean at least a penatly's worth diving for, not too mention good entertainment.

But just slowing down the game?

I mean wouldn't it have been worse the other day if the goal was just from play but then instead Young kept going down pretending to be injured.

gosplan wrote: »
    Funnily enough I hate the pretending to be injured/timewasting/free kick dives far far more than I hate a good old swan dive in the box.

I mean at least a penatly's worth diving for, not too mention good entertainment.

But just slowing down the game?

I mean wouldn't it have been worse the other day if the goal was just from play but then instead Young kept going down pretending to be injured.
    Running down the clock and dissent are my two main bugbears. Running down the clock is a bit grey but it wouldn't take long at all to stamp out dissent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Really?

I don't really see enough Man Utd games to make a judgement but I can't remember Welbeck being a diver.
    He took a dive to win a penalty once. So he's obviously a serial diver :rolleyes:

Suarez is the worst in the EPL for me and Young a bit behind him.
    Most forwards have a tendency to go down easily but these guys either manufacture contact themselves or just fling themselves on the ground.

Worst dive I've ever seen was Andy Carroll's for Liverpool, can't remember who it was against but it was a terrible attempt. At least you would know it wasn't something in his nature though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

The worst of the worst would have to be;

Ashley Young
    Luis Suarez
    Fernando Torres
    Steven Gerrard
    Jordi Alaba
    Arjen Robben
    Angel Di Maria
    Franck Ribéry
    Kyle fucking Lafferty
    Neymar Jr.
    Sergio Busquets
    Sergio Ramos
    Gareth Bale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur.

• Advertisement
Advertisement