Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2014

Options
  • 15-09-2013 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭

so we all know One Direction are playing Croke Park next summer, who else do u think will come to Ireland

Can see Macklemore and the likes playing Phoenix Park

Bruce Springsteen might play next summer again, maybe headling Slane Castle

Garth Brooks or U2 playing Croker would be good

any other guesses ??

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If Oxegen or whatever is back i can see Macklemore as headliner or as said doing a big outdoor show .

Pearl Jam/Arcade Fire should be back around during the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Right I'll throw my two cents in here:

Predictions:

Phoenix Park: (3 OR 4 of the following to headline)

Foo Fighters
    Kasabian
    Kings of Leon
    Artic Monkeys
    Muse
    Beyonce
    Adele (if she overcomes fear of large outdoor gigs)
    Avicii (unlikely given SHM)
    Jay Z (with strong support bill)

Potential Support Acts: Katy Perry, Paramore, Taylor Swift, Maroon 5, Black Keys, Jake Bugg, Noel Gallagher, FATM, Kodaline, Tom Odell, Chase & Status, The Script, Stereophonics, Editors, Bastille, The Coronas, The Strypes

Croke Park:

U2
    Oasis (25 year anniversary reunion rumours)

Aviva Stadium:

Stone Roses
    Prince
    Fleetwood Mac
    QOTSA
    Radiohead
    Garth Brooks (possibly 2 nights, similar to Buble gigs)

Marlay Park:

Arcade Fire
    Green Day
    The Prodigy
    Snow Patrol
    Blink (with strong support bill)
    Any of the acts mentioned under Phoenix Park who don't appear there may appear at Aviva/Marlay

Slane Castle:

Basically any band mentioned above at PP or Croke Park could play Slane. (My tips would be U2, Artic Monkeys, Foo Fighters)

Oxegen:

Tiesto
    Avicii
    Lady Gaga
    Daft Punk
    Kayne West
    Macklemore

RDS:

Bruce (unlikely I reckon)
    Bon Jovi (nothing surprises me these days, he may play again) (with strong support bill)

Electric Picnic:

To hard to predict but expect another somewhat commercial act on the Sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

All i want is pearl jam... not too much to ask !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Arcade Fire will be top of my list, worldwide tour being announced soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Right I'll throw my two cents in here:
    Marlay Park:

Arcade Fire
    Green Day
    The Prodigy
    Snow Patrol
    Blink (with strong support bill)
    Any of the acts mentioned under Phoenix Park who don't appear there may appear at Aviva/Marlay

Since Longitude was pretty successful this year, it'll probably be back next year at Marlay Park so all or most of the above bands would be playing elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

JJ wrote: »
    Since Longitude was pretty successful this year, it'll probably be back next year at Marlay Park so all or most of the above bands would be playing elsewhere.

True, Longitude will be back in July 2014 but MCD may still decide to run a few stand alone gigs over a 2-3 day period at the end of August. Phoenix Park will only get a licence for 3 or 4 gigs and licences for the Aviva/Croke Park tend to be limited also so Marlay Park may be the only available option for some additional outdoor gigs. The capacity levels at Marlay are also attractive to MCD as its easier to fill than the Aviva/Croke Park.

Don't expect anymore gigs in Croker anyways since 1D announced a third date there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,802 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I'm not sure how this will be physically possible, but if Garth Brooks doesn't play next year, I'm burning this forum to the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I'm not sure how this will be physically possible, but if Garth Brooks doesn't play next year, I'm burning this forum to the ground.

Really hope he plays next year but i think we could see him in 2015. Pearl Jam or Def Leppard playing next summer would be a highlight for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

if garth brooks plays ireland it will only be in croke park, regardless or one direction gigs there

• Advertisement

recyclops wrote: »
    if garth brooks plays ireland it will only be in croke park, regardless or one direction gigs there

Dont be too sure about that , Have they ever done more than 3 gigs in Croker? If he does play i can see 2 nights in the Aviva

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I think Croke Park has a license for 3 concerts per year.
    If this still applies, Croke Park is off the market, as they announced a third One Direction gig yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

Phoenix Park
    Arctic Monkeys support - Black Keys, the Strypes
    Kings of Leon - Biffy Clyro (I think they will headline t but will not be big enough to headline PP), Bastille
    Daft Punk or Lady Gaga - Chase & Status

Aviva Stadium
    U2
    ACDC support - QOFSA, The Answer
    Garth Brooks
    Fleetwood Mac

Longitude

Elbow
    ????
    ????

Electric Picnic
    Can only think of the stone roses atm

Tennants Vital
    JT
    Arctic Monkeys
    Arcade Fire???
    If Oasis do make a reunion I think they will play at Vital and they will probably play at v considering they share the same lineup

Don't think Slane will be on next year if its on in 2015 I can see the likes of Coldplay, RHCP or Foo Fighters playing

eldest200 wrote: »
    Phoenix Park
    Arctic Monkeys support - Black Keys, the Strypes
    Kings of Leon - Biffy Clyro (I think they will headline t but will not be big enough to headline PP), Bastille
    Daft Punk or Lady Gaga - Chase & Status

Aviva Stadium
    U2
    ACDC support - QOFSA, The Answer
    Garth Brooks
    Fleetwood Mac

Longitude

Elbow
    ????
    ????

Electric Picnic
    Can only think of the stone roses atm

Tennants Vital
    JT
    Arctic Monkeys
    Arcade Fire???
    If Oasis do make a reunion I think they will play at Vital and they will probably play at v considering they share the same lineup

Don't think Slane will be on next year if its on in 2015 I can see the likes of Coldplay, RHCP or Foo Fighters playing

Yea i can see Elbow doing Longitude actually also maybe through Franz Ferdinand ? , If Oasis do get back together it will def be a stand alone gig for the money and then the following year do a few festivals .

Maybe Kasabian for EP? Similar to Arctic Monkeys doing EP this year . Slane wise id love to see FF headline but i dont think they are big enough over here :( so Coldplay could be a good bet

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

Maybe Kasabian for EP?

Forgot to mention them, they could be a possibility, will Biffy Clyro play at PP or maybe do Marley instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

Garth Brooks has already been booked into a tour of Ireland next Summer By Aiken promotions .While he will be playing in Dublin (RDS outdoor) he will also be doing the grand tour outside Dublin just like Bruce did earlier this year.So expect him to play Belfast,Limerick and Cork also

• Registered Users Posts: 9,802 ✭✭✭hynesie08

argentum wrote: »
    Garth Brooks has already been booked into a tour of Ireland next Summer By Aiken promotions .While he will be playing in Dublin (RDS outdoor) he will also be doing the grand tour outside Dublin just like Bruce did earlier this year.So expect him to play Belfast,Limerick and Cork also
    Any source for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Any source for this?

Can't tell you how I know but I did post in another thread about Garth Brooks in July that this would be happening and no one believed me then. He announced this week I believe that he was going back on the road in 2014 ,if you google him you will find that at least

argentum wrote: »

Hardly true he would never sell enough gigs to that sort of tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭callmepetardu

I'm calling Pearl Jam as a definite, probably a Phoenix Park job. Arcade Fire is also a possibility for PP but they have played there before.

Doubt Arctic Monkeys will be back, doubt QOTSA will be back (and if they do, they'll headline somewhere).
    Kings of Leon is very likely but seen as they sold out Slane, it'll be interesting to see where they play.

Marlay Park will only get Longitude. The residents in the area aren't fond of the gigs as it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I think this Phantom comp is to hype Pearl Jam. Id nearly put money on a PP show, with some luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Does anyone think Justin Timberlake will be touring in Belfast and Dublin next year? I know he is doing a European tour including the UK, USA, Canadian tour but no Irish dates announced. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

He announced english dates today, but with the price of them he can stay away!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Wherever Arcade Fire play I'll be there.

Pixies have been confirmed as Sunday headliners for Field Day 2014 in June , so maybe Forbidden Fruit ?

QOTSA/The National/Franz Ferdinand back around in June

i can see Metallica playing possibly Phoenix Park or someother outdoor gig in the summer. would love to see an indoor show in the o2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

QOTSA/The National/Franz Ferdinand back around in June

On the same day would suit me just fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

Iron maiden and linkin park are doing rock am ring/ rock Im park so I'd expect to see them.
    In fact I really want to see maiden!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Arctic Monkeys pleaaaaaaaassssseeeeeee!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 leacy22

There will definitely be even more :cool: bands playing next year due to record year of great weather for outdoor gigs this year, Im looking forward to it. Let me know if you have any insights for electric picnic.

Advertisement