Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flavours of Fingal Show...Anyone else go??

• 16-09-2013 12:00am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone go to the "Flavours of Fingal" show at Newbridge house yesterday and today?

Went today with the family.

Thought it was good and my daughter loved the dog show and horse jumping.
    My missus loved seeing the baby chicks hatching out and them in the heated brooding enclosure.

The walled gardens were full of apple trees and gooseberry bushes and all sorts of stalls selling home made foods and arts and crafts.
    Jones Garden Centre were there selling plants,flowers and some outdoor garden furniture.

All in all,a good day out...even it was sometimes very wet and windy.:pac::D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Yeah we went on Saturday. Thought it was a good day out althought the parking was a joke. If you were any way on the early side you were herded all the way up Turvey avenue to the allotments and then down dirt tracks into fields miles away from Newbridge park. At no point was it explained where you were being led to. If you were, at least you could turn back and park down at Donabate and just walk in. Moan moan, but lots of people were complaining about it. Especially seeing as there were so many empty fields inside Newbridge itself.
    It was great to get inside the walled garden which is usually locked away. The birds of prey were very impressive and it was great to see a Red Kyte up close! And plenty of bouncey castles for the kids. Would go again next year but park at the station and walk in.
    I'd say there were lots of goldfish flushed down toilets this weekend though :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

redser7 wrote: »
    Yeah we went on Sunday. Thought it was a good day out althought the parking was a joke. If you were any way on the early side you were herded all the way up Turvey avenue to the allotments and then down dirt tracks into fields miles away from Newbridge park. At no point was it explained where you were being led to. If you were, at least you could turn back and park down at Donabate and just walk in. Moan moan, but lots of people were complaining about it. Especially seeing as there were so many empty fields inside Newbridge itself.
    It was great to get inside the walled garden which is usually locked away. The birds of prey were very impressive and it was great to see a Red Kyte up close! And plenty of bouncey castles for the kids. Would go again next year but park at the station and walk in.
    I'd say there were lots of goldfish flushed down toilets this weekend though :(

Agreed on both points.

Like a mystery adventure tour allright....and yep it was great to actually see the walled gardens,as they are usually under lock and ket at any other time of the year.

I especially liked the the manmade redbrick ponds and water holding tanks....a nice and novel way to hold and collect water.:)

Loved all the pleached apple trees and all the old farm machinery out on display too.:)

Fair play to the lady who was singing on the stage......even when it pi55ed rain and everybody ran from the picnic benches for shelter/cover,she keep on belting out the songs..:pac::D

Wonder will they refurbish and rebuild one of the old glass houses that has fallen into complete ruin??

It would be nice to see it rebuilt to its former glory.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

I wouldnt be surprised if they did eventually. They've been chipping away and improving things year by year. I'd love to see the Vinery restored. It's a great attraction and the kids never get tired of it.

redser7 wrote: »
    I wouldnt be surprised if they did eventually. They've been chipping away and improving things year by year. I'd love to see the Vinery restored. It's a great attraction and the kids never get tired of it.

Hopefylly its restored sooner rather than later.

It was very very windy there yesterday.

Some of the horses got spooked when a section of the metal security fencing was blown over by the winds.
    They also stopped letting kids onto the bouncy castles as it was supposedly too dangerous and one of the castles brokes free from its guide ropes.
    Around an hour later,all the bouncy castles were deflated and being packed up.

Was a little surprized that they didnt have more of a variety of fruit and veg growing in the walled gardens though....but still lovely to get into and see it.
    Still was a good day and glad we went to it.:)

Ive a few more pics to upload off the camera,so I,ll throw up some up later on.:)

Some pics.:)

• Advertisement

More pics....dog show and the walled gardens....apples everywhere.:)

Some more........everyone ran for cover when it started to lash rain,but the singer just sang away as if no one had left.:D

Advertisement