Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports in Hamilton

• 16-09-2013 6:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

Trying to get involved in recreational team sports in Hamilton. I played quite a bit of rugby and football with a smattering of GAA whilst at home.

Since coming over 7 weeks ago I've been looking into joining different sports at various levels and have been fairly confused to be honest, I've found it difficult to get the info I need so I'm turing to the benevolent expat gods of Boards.

I've sort of given up on the Rugby front - I had played J2 level socially in Dublin but the feedback from Kiwis in work is that its murderous at social level (Im almost 100kg) and not worth getting involved in.

I've been searching desperately for an amateur 11-a-side team to join but haven't been able to sort anything out really.

Gave up on the GAA - can't commute to Auckland!

Basically can anyone suggest a soccer club to join in Hamilton? Or can anyone impart some advice on this front?

Advertisement