Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cakes to freeze (but taste decent)

Options
  • 16-09-2013 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

Anyone got some cake recipes where you can freeze the sponges and when you defrost them they still taste good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gailforcewind

Yes I make Mary Berry's traybakes and her best ever chocolate fudge cake all the time and freeze them and they are perfect.I dont ice the traybakes till after they have thawed but the chocolate one freezes very well iced.I also make the 'mcdonnells good food cook book' Oxford Lunch cake and cut it in quarters and freeze it-its also perfect.Google these recipes and you will find them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 Madiller29

As a pastry chef I freeze most of my sponge bases so I can get a cleaner cut on them. Using your basic vanilla Genoese recipe works very well

1kg sugar
    30 eggs
    1kg flour ( sifted)
    150g melted clarified butter

Advertisement