Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Irish Bake Off

Options
  • 16-09-2013 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

I'll only be able to watch this on playback, anyone else looking forward to the show? Am missing the British version (no tv atm). Looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭LottieP25

When is it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

LottieP25 wrote: »
    When is it on?
    Thursday 19 Sept 9pm TV3
    Tried watching the intros to the contestants on TV3 website yesterday, you have to sit through 2 minutes of ads (including the awful maltesers one!)before each 50 second interview! Maybe I'll just wait til Thursday to meet them :( haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

Starts Thursday at 9pm on TV3

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

One of our Cooking Club contributors, Chong, is on it :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057040217

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

TV3 player is a pain but it's all I have atm looking forward to it though, I take it it won't be available on playback till Friday though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

good luck Chong! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭FionnOh

There's just something hilarious about these Irish carbon-copy reality shows.

..Almost as funny as the tangerine faces given to the contestants by the TV3 make-up artists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

FionnOh wrote: »
    There's just something hilarious about these Irish carbon-copy reality shows.

..Almost as funny as the tangerine faces given to the contestants by the TV3 make-up artists.

I really wish they had dropped the 'Great' wording. It made sense when it was about Great Britain, but here??? It's just makes it look even more like a copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Maybe its just me but I've never seen the "great" in the title as anything to do with Great Britain, it always felt as more of a descriptor like The Amazing Race etc. Also, they left in the Great for The Great Australian Bake Off too so I personally don't see the problem with it and lets be honest it is a copy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

JohnK wrote: »
    Maybe its just me but I've never seen the "great" in the title as anything to do with Great Britain, it always felt as more of a descriptor like The Amazing Race etc. Also, they left in the Great for The Great Australian Bake Off too so I personally don't see the problem with it and lets be honest it is a copy.

Yeah, I think that was the point in the title... both descriptive and 'great british'. Haw haw, nice overlap.

Maybe the way it is syndicated means they have to keep it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

pwurple wrote: »
    Maybe the way it is syndicated means they have to keep it.
    Could be although now that I look at it the American version was called The American Baking Competition so maybe the title here is partially just to try and piggyback on the existing marketing/good will of the UK version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Shame the idiot production company makes mistakes though and dangerous ones at that.

Saying that someone's tart had horse chestnut in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Haha very true, chestnut paste :)

Advertisement