Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there an option to pay the TV License in installments?

Options
  • 16-09-2013 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

From what I can gather, there only seems to be two options with regard to paying the TV License.

1) Either a full payment by Visa Debit, Credit Card, Cash or Cheque or

2) Apply for a Home Benefits Package and receive a free TV License.

The latter doesn't apply in this case as the individual doesn't meet the age requirements to apply for a Home Benefits Package.

Is there any other option to paying the TV License in a way that's more manageable that handing over €160 all at once.

Surely, they must be able to doing something for people in the current climate, the person concerned does actually want to pay it, they have no problem paying for it but just can't afford to do so in one go at the moment.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

You can pay monthly by direct debit. It's €13.33 per month. I called them up and set it up and they sent me a form to authorise the debit from my bank account. Very handy.

Edit: Here you go: www.anpost.ie/anpost/maincontent/personal%20customers/more%20from%20an%20post/tv%20licence/tv%20licence%20direct%20debit.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

You can purchase stamps (or something to that effect) in order to pay the license costs over time, but as far as Im aware you must do this in advance, ie you must buy stamps this year to pay for next years license, not this years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

• Registered Users Posts: 14,935 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

you can pay monthly by DD

EDIT - jesus, 4 simultaneous replies with the same answer - back to work everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Vojera wrote: »
    You can pay monthly by direct debit. It's €13.33 per month. I called them up and set it up and they sent me a form to authorise the debit from my bank account. Very handy.

I didnt actually know that this was an option. Would be very handy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

Vojera wrote: »

Ah super, €13.33 is excellent, that's very manageable, I'll pass that on straight away, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

Hi. I pay mine by direct debit which works out at €13.33 per month. Hate paying it but has to be done. I think you just go on to the an post website and you can set it up there. Hope that helps.

Thanks everybody, really appreciate all the speedy replies! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

The good thing about it is it rolls over onto the next year.
    Phone your local head post office, they'll look after you with the direct debit etc

Geomy wrote: »
    The good thing about it is it rolls over onto the next year.

Can you explain that bit again - Monday morning :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Just be aware that with the dd option if you miss payments once too often then theycan and have cancelled that arrangement and instead insist one the yearly payment.

I ve seen cases where they have refused people paying by dd because of their previous history of missed payments.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,380 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Did anyone mention direct debit?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

Can you explain that bit again - Monday morning :o

You don't need to set up another direct debit for the following year.

Advertisement