Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swansea City v Liverpool Sky Sports 1 KO 8:00pm

• 16-09-2013 10:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭

This is my 1st match thread of the new season, If Liverpool loose tonight I want the mods to ban me for 1 week from the soccer forum :P

With Valencia on Thursday, will Swansea's Europa League adventure prove to be a Premier League distraction? The fans may prefer a long cup run, but the club need only look to Newcastle to see how European ambition can endanger top-flight status. Liverpool have no such distractions, and after sitting out England duty, Daniel Sturridge should be fit as they seek to preserve their 100% record. Toby Moses

Kick-off Monday 8pm

Venue Liberty Stadium

Last season Swansea 0 Liverpool 0

Live Sky Sports 1

Referee M Oliver

This season G2, Y6, R0, 3.0 cards per game

Odds H 13-5 A 6-5 D 5-2

Swansea-City-v-Liverpool-001.jpg

Swansea City v Liverpool: Probable starters in bold, contenders in light. Illustration: Graphic
    Swansea City

Subs from Tremmel, Amat, Britton, Dyer, Lamah, Monk, De Guzman, Lita, Pozuelo, Donnelly, Tiendalli, Vázquez

Doubtful Dyer (hamstring)

Injured Taylor (thigh, Oct)

Suspended None

Form guide WLLLLW

Disciplinary record Y8 R0

Leading scorers Bony, Davies, Hernández 1
    Liverpool

Subs from Jones, Kelly, Aspas, Ibe, Sterling, Sakho, Ilori, Touré, Allen, Alberto, Yesil, Flanagan, Morgan

Doubtful Sturridge (thigh), Touré (groin)

Injured Cissokho (ankle, Oct), Johnson (ankle, Oct), Coates (knee, Mar)

Suspended Suárez (ninth of 10)

Form guide WWWWWD

Disciplinary record Y6 R0

Leading scorer Sturridge 3

I think we will see Moses come in for Aspas, Wisdom for Johnson and the rest of the team remain the same as the last game. I'm not sure if Sakho will be thrown in for Skrtel, I would like to see him there but BR might just leave that change till Saturday's game at Anfield.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The final game of the 4th PL weekend reaches its touchy-feely denouement tonight as Swansea host Liverpool, the former in need of a bit of a boost in the nascent table but also thinking of their first ever EL group game against Valencia on Thursday. Swansea have had to balance resources like this before and a decent result on Thursday might well be a more pressing concern in the scheme of things. All that said I'm sure they will put out a stroner side than was the case before the League Cup final when Liverpool thumped them 5-0.

As for the visitors, a number of players are considered marginal - Sturridge, Kolo, Allen and maybe Kelly (fitness). New boys Sakho and Ilori are not likely to be in the squad though Moses probably will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

This is my 1st match thread of the new season, If Liverpool loose tonight I want the mods to ban me for 1 week from the soccer forum :P

Bookmarked for 10pm. :pac:

Some people never learn, leave it to the professionals! :p

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057040888

The final game of the 4th PL weekend reaches its touchy-feely denouement tonight as Swansea host Liverpool, the former in need of a bit of a boost in the nascent table but also thinking of their first ever EL group game against Valencia on Thursday. Swansea have not had to balance resources like this before and a decent result on Thursday might well be a more pressing concern in the scheme of things. All that said I'm sure they will put out a stronger side than was the case before the League Cup final when Liverpool thumped them 5-0.

As for the visitors, a number of players are considered marginal - Sturridge, Kolo, Allen and maybe Kelly (fitness). New boys Sakho and Ilori are not likely to be in the squad though Moses probably will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Is Agger a doubt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

mike65 wrote: »
    Some people never learn, leave it to the professionals! :p

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057040888

The final game of the 4th PL weekend reaches its touchy-feely denouement tonight as Swansea host Liverpool, the former in need of a bit of a boost in the nascent table but also thinking of their first ever EL group game against Valencia on Thursday. Swansea have not had to balance resources like this before and a decent result on Thursday might well be a more pressing concern in the scheme of things. All that said I'm sure they will put out a stronger side than was the case before the League Cup final when Liverpool thumped them 5-0.

Edit : Didn't see the thread, just scrap my thread and merge with Mike's. I don't get the ban if we loose then :P

• Advertisement

Edit : Didn't see the thread, just scrap my thread and merge with Mike's. I don't get the ban if we loose then :P

No No No! That's your hostage to fortune baby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

It's OK lads ... Liverpool win in the bag ... we haven't lost since my son accidentally smashed my LFC mug at the start of the season.

Our Year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Reeeally looking forward to this tonight. The gf is super-heavily pregnant, so knowing my luck she'll go into labour 2 mins from KO. :p

Either that or I'll watch the whole thing, we'll lose and I'll be like a dog for the night after hyping myself up all day weekend international break. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Come on Swansea 1-0 win.
    Just to ban Luckycharms

:pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Liverpool finally after a couple of years look to have some substance about them, and I am a little more confident about games like this.
    not hugely confident mind, but I think a draw would be a disapointment for the squad.

going for a 1-2 win for Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭secman

RayCon wrote: »
    It's OK lads ... Liverpool win in the bag ... we haven't lost since my son accidentally smashed my LFC mug at the start of the season.

Our Year.

It wasn't an accident , he was bribed !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

In keeping with my awesome predictions for the last 2 games...
    Bad feeling about this one. There will be goals and I think Villa will nick it.

and
    I said Villa would beat Liverpool, so hopefully I'm very wrong again. United to win by 2 at least. *ducks for cover*

I reckon 5-0 to Swansea :D
    Seriously though...I'll say 2-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Going for a 0-2 win .

We have a much stronger team this year by far . Time to show now the reason we got rid of Cole , Carroll , Downing , Shelvey and that type of player.

Team should be full of confidence and playing for a draw should not be our only option !

Hopefully we have a full squad to pick from?
    What's the news on Sturridge ?

Can he do it again ? Be really nice to get another after his break ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I don't share the others optimism and think it will be a cagey affair, with neither team to come out on top.
    17-17 all draw
    With shelvey scoring a brace of hat tricks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Sturridge 1-0, free money @22/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Not if he doesn't start

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

I think we will win but i'm kind scared of Michu, Bony and Shelvey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

any team news yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Sturridge 1-0, free money @22/1

William hill were doing a 40/1 special on it but its been suspended i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

klose wrote: »
    William hill were doing a 40/1 special on it but its been suspended i think

Yeah they were it was advertised on their punt podcast and thought it was a massive price

• Advertisement

Looks like

LIVERPOOL STARTING XI: Mignolet, Wisdom, Skrtel, Sakho, Enrique, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Moses, Sturridge

Confirmed #LFC subs: Jones, Toure, Alberto, Aspas, Sterling, Ibe, Kelly

Is a surprise, looks like you can't trust anyone these days.

Moses left or right?

Swansea XI vs Liverpool: Vorm, Rangel, Flores, Williams, Davies, Britton, Shelvey, Michu, Dyer, Routledge, Bony

Jordi Amat, Tiendalli, de Guzmán, Cañas, Pozuelo, Tremmel, Álvaro

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

LFC subs: Jones, Toure, Alberto, Aspas, Sterling, Ibe, Kelly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

eeeenteresting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Is Agger injured??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Excited to see these lads tonight especially Sakho...

1209197_10151996742657573_1267198628_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Sakho and Moses straight into the team. Should be a good game. Hopefully Liverpool can continue winning. Michu and Bony should be a handful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Is Agger injured??

Rumours going around yesterday that he was and the fact he's not even in the squad would suggest as much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Sakho v Bony

That's going to be some battle.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Is Agger injured??

Slight knock apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Toure on the bench? This makes me a sad panda. Though skertel probably deserves the run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

mike65 wrote: »
    LIVERPOOL STARTING XI: Mignolet, Wisdom, Skrtel, Sakho, Enrique, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Moses, Sturridge
    Confirmed #LFC subs: Jones, Toure, Alberto, Aspas, Sterling, Ibe, Kelly

Da Fúck
    undertaker-kane-sit-up-o.gif

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Sakho is going to go all Bane by delivering a back breaker to Bony and Michu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Agger is injured according to James Pearce on twitter. (i know twitter)
    But can't wait to see Sakho at the back.
    Wisdom would be my worry, hopefully he has a good game.
    Moses & Couthino switching maybe?
    Com'on the Redmen, a hard fought close win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Amazing how Aggers injury prone nature has resurfaced immediately after we've bought a replacement. I'm off to the conspiracies thread.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

I BREAK YOU!

Bane_breaks_Batman.png

No Rodgers saying "FINALLY The Rodgers has come back to Swan-Sea(pauses for cheers/applause)".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I think Moses will do very well for Liverpool, he also scored in this fixture for Chelsea last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Hope Liverpool come out and at least try and play football in the second half no matter what the score. Been bloody awful to watch so far this year

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Carra rambling on about Enrique there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Good discussion about defensive positioning going on. British style defending getting alot of flak

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Carragher and Neville are bítching at each other over Luiz :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Carra and Neville are a good combination on analysis.

Should be a good game of football with both teams going for 60% posession. I think Swansea will win that battle but a 1-0 to 'Pool will do me fine.

Looking forward to Sakho too. My first time seeing him in a full game(kiss of death, i know) so we will be a bit better able to judge him after.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Shankly Gates

RayCon wrote: »

Our Year.

Nah man it's because I've left my 'Pool jersey in my car boot since the Celtic game ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Carragher seems to be very much stuck in the dated British style of defending. I'm not exactly Neville's biggest advocate but he was spot on throughout that discussion, his argument was backed up with facts and entirely relevant examples, put Carragher to shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Let the games begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Carra: nobody wants to grow up to be a Gary Neville

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Nobody wants to be a Gary Neville

Zing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

No one wants to grow up to be Gary Neville. Lol!!

Carragher seems to be very much stuck in the dated British style of defending. I'm not exactly Neville's biggest advocate but he was spot on throughout that discussion, his argument was backed up with facts and entirely relevant examples, put Carragher to shame.

He probably seen Pique`s "defending" vs Sevilla.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Carra, "No body ones to grow up to be a Gary neville" :D

Wouldnt agree on that full back point there

• Advertisement
Advertisement