Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swansea City v Liverpool Sky Sports 1 KO 8:00pm

1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Fair result really.

But my god Sakho is worrying with this high risk **** at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Surprised at people questioning Gerrard.....remember that time he pushed into van persie, what a captain.

He had a shocking game IMO. Suspect he was tired after 2 games for England, he's not a kid anymore.

Skrtel MOTM by a long way. We carried a lot of players tonight.

But we stay top. A win at home v Southampton on Sat will see us stay there. Who wouldn't have taken top spot after 5 games??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Not a bad result for Liverpool in the end. Swansea away will be one of the trickier fixtures for a lot of teams. Really poor 2nd half performance though. Continuing a trend. Need to get Suarez, Coutinho, Agger and Johnson back asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

Do we have to put up with Aspas for the rest of the season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Fair play to swansea, smashing game of ball.

Back down ye go arsenal :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Because Champions Leagues don't count?

Win something again then. The CL was the highlight of his career, but he'll be a key part of a decent squad at a WC. Can't argue with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Fair enough point for each team.

Still think LFC need that commander in front of back 4, not enough strength in midfield.

If people watched all 4 games so far its a recurring problem the dropping deep in the 2nd half, needs to get sorted out, inviting teams onto us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Lack of ability to retain possession was very worrying.

When it was need to keep calm and hold the ball they couldn't do it and just hoofed it up the field, straight back to Swansea.

Even, so should be happy with 10 pts from 12 but still feel a bit down after that second half performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Well got the draw,very poor 2nd half but thought Henderson played very well & busted a gut for the team

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Not a bad result for Liverpool in the end. Swansea away will be one of the trickier fixtures for a lot of teams. Really poor 2nd half performance though. Continuing a trend. Need to get Suarez, Coutinho, Agger and Johnson back asap.

Coutinho? He played tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Back down to earth with a bang. Terrible performance, very lucky to get a point. Couldn't string 2 passes together from the 20th minute onwards. Serious improvement needed.

Steady on.

Best side in 1st half clearly Liverpool.
    Best side in 2nd half clearly Swansea.

Draw fair result.

Not only that but people still underestimate how good Swansea are. They are a really good side. Simple as that. They've made better sides than Liverpool look amateur on their home patch.

Laudrup is a terrific coach and they have had a good continuity from Martinez to Rodgers to Laudrup. They're a very good side and none of the big 6 will go there and easily walk away with the 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

murpho999 wrote: »
    Lack of ability to retain possession was very worrying.

When it was need to keep calm and hold the ball they couldn't do it and just hoofed it up the field, straight back to Swansea.

Yea, our ball retention has been piss poor for large parts of our games so far. Swansea ran rings around us tonight I thought, don't agree at all with those who think we were worthy of a point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

nice from Shelvey there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Jaysus personality of a yet mop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Steady on.

Best side in 1st half clearly Liverpool.
    Best side in 2nd half clearly Swansea.

Draw fair result.

I'd say we were the best team for about 20 minutes. Swansea took over after that.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Coutinho? He played tonight?

As in Liverpool's worst period came after he went off injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

Aspas was awful he looks like a disaster of a transfer.

Sakho not inspiring huge confidence either.

At least Moses looks decent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I don't mind the result it's the complete domination Swansea had in the 2nd half that is worrying. Couthinio going off seemed to change the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

slingerz wrote: »

Slight bit of an exaggeration there about Aspas, a disaster after 4 league games.

Also, too early to judge Sakho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

slingerz wrote: »

It was Sakho's first game FFS remember Vidic's first game.

• Advertisement

It was Sakho's first game FFS remember Vidic's first game.

Not too worried about Sakho. First game in a new league with a bunch of players he never played with before.

Aspas just looks very lightweight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Aspas offered nothing. Nada. Zero. Zip. Zilch. You get the idea. I just have this sneaky feeling he'll be shipped off back to Spain in the summer after an underwhelming year making substitute appearances.

I don't mind the result, it's the second half performance which worries me more. Enrique and Wisdom completely lost their heads, Lucas and Stevie lost the midfield and Moses lost his legs. The confidence seem to vanish after Coutinho went off. We never looked like creating another chance for Sturridge.

The first half was a positive. As was Hendo's performance. Moses looks like he can be a good addition to the side and Sturridge still knows where the goal is. Sakho was good, after a shaky start.

Plenty to improve for Saturday, S'oton will prove a similar test as Swansea so hopefully we can see lessons learned and put into action.

(Also nice to see Moses celebrate with Rodgers, and before the game Rodgers going to talk to the Swansea ground staff and disabled season ticket holders)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

As in Liverpool's worst period came after he went off injured.

I watch the game but missed that, was it a bad injury? Don't know how I missed that although wondered where 5 mins came from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Have to say i don't think i've ever seen a Michael Laudrup interview where he talks one single word of sh1te.

Doesn't speak in cliches or riddles, straight up and talks a heap of sense.

Immensely likeable fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,985 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Have to say i don't think i've ever seen a Michael Laudrup interview where he talks one single word of sh1te.

Doesn't speak in cliches or riddles, straight up and talks a heap of sense.

Immensely likeable fella.
    Yeah its great to listen to him and he was one of my favourite footballers ever and usually they let you down when you hear them interviewed but he has never done that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,985 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Couple of things from tonight. Shelvey for me is a class act, he is still a bit raw but he has so much potential. We seen the class and the rawness tonight but overall for me he was one of the best players on the pitch.

Mignolet was impressive again. Sakho I felt held onto the ball for too long at the back and he is going to get caught out with that at some stage if he keeps it up. It was his first game so I wouldn't be too hard on him and he wasn't even expected to start tonight in fairness. It seemed a few Liverpool players were too easy to knock off the ball tonight and thats something they will have to address.

Swansea for me are a very impressive side, they had a rough start to the season fixtures wise but I expect they are going to kick on now and I fully expect them to finish 7th or 8th this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Typical of Liverpool all season so far

Good in 1st half but only go in with a 1 goal lead.

2nd half look ok for the 1st 5 mins then get dominated.

Just could not keep a hold of the ball at all in the 2nd half and hoofing up top is not going to work.

Next run of games V Southampton, Sunderland and Crystal Palace should see the new boys settle in hopefully Liverpool on to 19 points before playing Newcastle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

We nearly lost the game as the right side of the field was muck in the second half, Henderson (in particular) and Toure (to a lesser extent) did not track Davis (is that his name?!) for the latter part of the match - watch it again happened most times. Sahko was a bit dodgy and was diving in alot but I reckon he'll get better. big shout though to Skyrtel and Mignolet who were immense tonight.

It's really easy, even in the first half (but more so) in the second, our attackers, Sturridge, the Count (and Aspas when he came on) and Moses did not press and harry players. That was what give Swansea the upper hand. Simple as... Heck Shelvey was like Peyton Manning in the second half, spraying balls to the wings with ease. I Really like Sturridge as an attacker but he does not track back an ounce and should at least close down players, not standing nonchalant as if he is the best striker on the planet.

Thank fook our mate Suarez is coming back because he will track back and press the opposition. It really is ridiculous, Swansea could come through the middle of midfield and then the full backs were left stranded. Gerrard and Lucas stuck back too when they should be pressing.. I'm gutted and livid, at 1-2 we should have pressed them into making more mistakes.

We've got better players pound-for-pound in every part of the pitch tonight. But we toiled in the second half and there was no reason for it, I dont think its coming from the manager either tbh. He wants a possession game but we didnt see it tbh. People **** over Moses, though he had an average game, offensively he was good setting up Sturridge and scoring but he was weak ass in tackling and tracking back (modern wingers have to do this now).

Am I being too harsh ?

One other thing is that even with him giving us two goals, we should have kept hold of Shelvey, he showed some character. I know Rodger's did not want to let him go, and tbh he only should have went on loan. I will blame the owners on that though.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Couple of things from tonight. Shelvey for me is a class act, he is still a bit raw but he has so much potential. We seen the class and the rawness tonight but overall for me he was one of the best players on the pitch.

Yep totally agree... He could have been man of the match tbh (even though he make two real blunders, but after that he controlled the game and made Gerrard and Lucas a laughing stock imo). Should have been loaned... :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Balls to shelvey. he is a jack ass. always has been always will be.
    Cost you more goals and games than he will ever score or create.
    Good riddance I say.

Aspas effort was atrocious when he came on. I read some quotes that he was a spanish bellamy well he did not show it tonight.
    We are carrying gerard for the last 30 of the second half.
    sakho has all the physical attributes and balls skill but does he have a brain. very bad for the goals but he will come good no doubt.
    sturridge probably not fit but he was not pressing either.
    lucas was immense for the first 60 minutes but tailed off after that.
    Henderson but in a shift. Moses was very good.

We will struggle against southmapton. They have a very energetic and I think we would be doing great to get a result against them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Not gonna lose any sleep over the loaning of Shelvey personally - one decent performance (coupled with two blunders) isn't going to colour a view built up over two+ years.

Another AMF body would have been nice but thats about it.

you know, some people just dont see the long game :( Everyone want's the now now now, but some players you should wait on..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Not often you could say a player who directly cost his team 2 goals had a pretty good game. Shelvey was very good second half, he has a good football brain, I know the irony in saying that after tonight, but I think he moves the ball quick and picks out players very well. Good game though, enjoyed watching that tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

RayCon wrote: »
    It's OK lads ... Liverpool win in the bag ... we haven't lost since my son accidentally smashed my LFC mug at the start of the season.

Our Year.

My "broken mug" unbeaten theory is still alive !!!

still our year ........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

RayCon wrote: »
    My "broken mug" unbeaten theory is still alive !!!

still our year ........

Buy more mugs and a hammer for your son! More smashey more goals.

• Advertisement
Advertisement