Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bands you begrudgingly like but don't want to.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Why? Nothing's Shocking and Ritual de lo Habitual were fantastic.

Great albums, but Farrell and Navarro are some dose. Navarro loves himself, but he's a great guitar player, plays what needs to be played even though he's well able to play if needs be...

Last album was pretty decent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,328 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

The older I get, the less fu*ks I have to give about things and people's impression of my taste in music is one of them. I've long since learned to enjoy what I find naturally enjoyable and that runs the gammut of Tori Amos to Carcass, with plenty mixed in between from classical, punk, indie, theme music and pop. Christ, I'm probably one of the few men in his late 30's who listens to somgs from Grimes. :confused:

In short, listen to what you like.

However, for bands that I begrudingly like (or rather songs I begrudingly like), I'm listening to Twisted Sister a bit too much for my liking at the moment and for some reason I've amassed a load of 80's mp3's.

I never thought that would ever happen.

Dear 18 year old me, I'm speaking to you from the future....

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

I get slagged for liking Avenged Sevenfold. I think they're grand.

Airbourne, IMO are an ACDC clone. But damn they're good. Well looking forward to the gig on Tuesday.

Not metal, but I despise U2 because they're smug pricks. Despite this i think they have some fine songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Not a band I begrudgingly like as they're my all time favourites and seem like sound lads but, I've never really gotten a solid answer as to why Meshuggah haven't played Ireland since they supported Machine Head in the SFX in the mid 90's.

They play in Europe and up and down the U.K with almost every album release, yet won't make the short trip over the water to play Dublin or Belfast. While Devin Townsend can fly all the way over from Canada to play Brixton Academy with his massive Retinal Circus yoke and then fly over to Dublin the next night to do a scaled down version in the Academy. He also played here the year before.
    Which was ****ing top drawer stuff I might add.

I've been to Meshuggah's gigs in Bristol and Paris in the last couple years but it would be nice if they could return the favour. There were plenty of Irish at both gigs so it's not like they wouldn't draw a large crowd if they played here.

Irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Avenged Sevenfold are like my guilty pleasure. I hate the shïte out of them.... Their arrogance is astounding but Christ, they can play. Nightmare is a fantastic tune and Afterlife is great. Corporate a$$hole$ too, and the way the treated Mike Portnoy was astonishingly bad. But I still can't help but love their sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

stupid question, but what did a7x do to mike portney and everything else that was so bad, dont mean to sound like a troll but only new enough to them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

bushball wrote: »
    stupid question, but what did a7x do to mike portney and everything else that was so bad, dont mean to sound like a troll but only new enough to them

Only going on second hand information here as I've not read any interviews about it or anything, but the lads were tellin me that after the Rev died and Portnoy was drafted in to replace him for touring and a bit of recording, he was all set to join em permanently, but basically A7X told him to fûck off, he was contracted for one album and one tour and to get lost. One of the greatest drummers ever and they do that. Not on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Jared Leto, his posing, his posing band, and his multi million dollar super duper videos annoy the sh*te out of me. But I've seen them on Scuzz a good few times, and find myself listening to one or two songs, which are............................................not bad..................

Dave Navarro and his posing does my head in, but he's a savage guitarist, and Jane's are a top band, or at least were, so he can get away with it.

Advertisement