Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Card Skiming

Options
  • 16-09-2013 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

I'm not trying to panic anyone just to make people aware of the possibility of getting you card skimmed as I woke up to find that overnight I had some how gone to Korea and taken money from my account thought a bank in Seoul.

I don't know exactly when or where my card was skimmed but it most likely happened recently and I haven't used it outside of the city in a few weeks or online in a few months.

So I can't really go back to any of the shops and start pointing the finger as the details could have been skimed some time ago and kept and only used over the weekend but from talking to card services at my bank it was most likely done recently.

I'll get the money back ok but just a warning to everyone to keep an eye on your cards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭decies

Yep happened to me don't think much can be done about it just keep out for anything fishy on your statements .

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

you been buying things online since you got the card? could have just used a cross site script to steal your info, that or they could have ripped the database from anywhere you have bought stuff, they usually keep records of what was bought from their site, by who and for how much with a payment type, if its card they usually keep the details and the cvv code.. not to mention the address it was sent to with a name.. so most of this info can be used to falsely verify the cards user..

you could have used vulnerable wifi and been the victim of a man in the middle attack..

i personally would say its from an online transaction as its the most common... your details could have been harvested last year or even the year before, if you havent changed your card they could have just laid in wait so you dont suspect anything.

Advertisement