Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

changing oil filter in grand vitra

• 16-09-2013 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

hi all i have a grand vitra decided i`d try service myself to save a few quid all was going well till it came to changing the oil filter its in a un reachable position on the side of the engine. i had a filter clamp and could just get it on but very little room to turn. i have heard of some filter clamp that is flexable but do`nt know the proper mane and can`t find one. id also rather not shove a screw driver in it. any help woud be great thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭Thelostcountry

Filter strap.

Alternate, vice grip and an old timing belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

Filter strap.

Alternate, vice grip and an old timing belt.

won`t work very little room to move i`m looking at a 3 jaw universal oil filter wrench . seems to be the way to go from what i`ve looked up on the net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭Thelostcountry

Whatever you think so.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

I have a range of filter tools and the only one that worked on my son's MX5 oil filter was a Lidl's cheapie one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

If its a 1.9 DDIS then its Renault's dCi unit. The only way I was able to get it was to just bite the bullet and go ripping.... Air pipe and everything around it out of the way and youll just about get it from above. Its not going to be easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 mostatom

I used to have a 2003 model, the only way to do it is lock the steering tight and use a number of long socket extension bars in through the left hand wheel arch on to the chain wrench. You will need someone to push the bars in while you hold the chain on the filter.
    Hope this helps.

Advertisement