Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of starting warhammer40k

• 16-09-2013 11:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Hi I am thinking of starting up a Warhammer 40k army,ive read the books for years and have a few models painted but have never picked up a rule book or tried a game and would love to find a group of gamers near me who i could play with and learn the ins and outs of the game.
    Im based in kildare so if there is any clubs or that in my area id love to hear about it ty in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Try this site, which is basically the central online hub for irish wargamers. Someone there should certainly be able to help you out.

For the time being however, if you aren't against a short travel, Gamers World in Dublin would be a great place to go for a demo game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Big P from GMG

There is a wargames club based in Kildare town. Mostly historical games but some still have 40k armies.

Link to forum: http://www.guildwargamers.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=180

They do have an 18+ age restriction due to the insurance for their club venue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Thanks for both replies, i'm over 18 so thats not a problem gonna register awith them and see how it goes, ty guys

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Big P from GMG

Good luck...

Been playing down in Kildare for six years now, almost every week. Great bunch of lads and lots of different games.

Advertisement