Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

copy programs off UPC box

• 16-09-2013 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Hi All,

Is there anyway to copy saved programs from current UPC box as mother is getting the Horizon box tomorrow?

Don't mind saving it to local file on PC.

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

No they are protected, you will have to play and record to dvd or tape recorder if you want to keep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Its a long, long process. How many hours has she recorded? Thats how long it will take to save the files. You'll have to watch each program as well. Best way is to hook up a dvd recorder via a scart lead and record each recording to a dvd. Even a good old-fashioned vcr will do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ciaran75

thanks guys,

there is just a couple of programs she really wants to keep.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 martinrowe

Hi ,is their any way that i can record from my upc horizon box to my dvd recorder my old upc box i was able to record from but not the horizon box any help please i have just joined thanks a lot

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Welcome to Boards martinrowe, we normally have a rule that we don't drag up old threads. To answer your question though, if your Horizon box has a SCART output you should be able to use it to output to a DVD-R/external PVR/VHS that can record this.

• Advertisement

thank you for that im new to all of this so please for give me for bringing up old requests again thank you .

Hi all, dont know if this is the right place to aske this question i downloaded firefox to my laptop and it went on fine but it wont open it keeps going on and off i have tryed a lot of things to try and get it to work but non do any help please again thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭paulbok

Delete it and re-install is probably the handiest solution.
    If that doesn't work, ask in this forum

Thanks a lot useing windows 8.1 had firefox on it deleted it downloaded it and re-installed it it gos on to laptop but wont open it will go on and off and it keeps doing that i have tried to delete it and re-install it as you said but still cant get it to work cant find answer on google so you are my last hope many thanks for all the help it is great again thanks .

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Think we've gone off topic now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement