Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Agency

Options
  • 16-09-2013 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭

Free agency will be a reverse snake draft as follows:
    Player
    gilberto
    steytyrrell
    HowAreWe
    Paddy31
    PaullyD
    Berty44
    MikeyT086
    TheOneAdlum
    Nelbert
    Raoul
    PerrinV2
    empacher
    Adrian522
    daftdave
    LukeBray/gatsby
    Helimachoptor
    giffney1991
    Rock Lesnar
    guns4all
    Pudsy33
    Padraic M
    madalig1
    mikemac1
    Caroller

This will be carried out over the course of the preseason period until everyone has picked one player. If we have time before the start of the season, we can do a second round. If not it will be a free for all for everyone after the first round.

Please post below when you have made your pick and who you have picked. If you make your pick here and not on the xbox that is fine and he will be reserved for you.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

You cant make the pick until i actually start the league which we need everyone to do otherwise the CPU picks up players.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

You cant make the pick until i actually start the league which we need everyone to do otherwise the CPU picks up players.

Even still, we have around 6 CPU teams so they will be picking up FA's like crazy wont they? In the Xpress on PFL the CPU Jags singed 6 top FA's after the first advance.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Even still, we have around 6 CPU teams so they will be picking up FA's like crazy wont they? In the Xpress on PFL the CPU Jags singed 6 top FA's after the first advance.

Yes, but in order to minimise the CPU hoovering up the top FAs we need everyone to join and then we'll advance and they can pick up their guys

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

The only thing we could do to stop this would be to delay the preseason and sign all FAs in the first week? Perhaps we could just do all the FAs and then sim through the preseason?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

I'll join this evening..

• Advertisement

I think from Bertys experience in the pro, once he advanced to pre season week 1 the CPU started going after the FAs.

If we get everyone signed up there'll be 8 CPU teams.

Currently on 9 people have joined the league

I think from Bertys experience in the pro, once he advanced to pre season week 1 the CPU started going after the FAs.

If we get everyone signed up there'll be 8 CPU teams.

Currently on 9 people have joined the league

Yeah we need to get everyone joined tonight. I think tonight should be the cutoff point for people joining the league. After that we advance to week preseason week 1. We really need to get a move on in the league and get to the most important thing; playing games!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Raoul wrote: »
    Yeah we need to get everyone joined tonight. I think tonight should be the cutoff point for people joining the league. After that we advance to week preseason week 1. We really need to get a move on in the league and get to the most important thing; playing games!!!

Yeah I'd agree with that, we're already a bit behind schedule (although to be fair that's mostly down to the late roster update). Maybe a moderator could get a sticky going at the top of the forum to tell people to get signed up and send PM's out also?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I'm joining now shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

I am hoping that the Commissioners may have teh power to release picked up players back to FA. We did in M12. Don't yet know.

• Advertisement

Berty44 wrote: »
    I am hoping that the Commissioners may have teh power to release picked up players back to FA. We did in M12. Don't yet know.

Ah... really.. i didnt know that.

If we do we, i'll start the league tonight

Yeah I was thinking this but I still think it would be much easier to just have everyone get joined up then having to go through the teams but if Heli is happy to do that then fire ahead. I don't think we should have to wait for people to join up as the schedule was drawn up ages ago and we are behind already so after today it should be back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

How does this work? as its a draft, do we pick a certain player and then sign him

Definitely wait until as many as possible sign up. I might try and test my theory about Commissioners abilities to move players. I did read that could undo stuff where people screwed up teams cap wise such as contracts.

@Rock. Yep basically when it's your turn you pick up the player. You will only be able to sign him for one year contract ( not a rule or anything, that's only choice game will give you ) and their salary is predetermined.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

sorry lads where are the details to join the league? can't find it

HowAreWe wrote: »
    sorry lads where are the details to join the league? can't find it

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057040407

you should have got on invite in game (no onXBL PMs)

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057040407

you should have got on invite in game (no onXBL PMs)

Yeah I did sorry didn't see the invite! sorted now I joined :)

Ok set up a test franchise. The CPU went ape**** signing free agents at the end of week 1. I can see no way either on console or website of adjusting for this. What it basically means from what I can see is if the league is advanced the CPU teams will pick up all the best players. So you really want free agency to be finished before any advancement at the end of week 1.

So 2 rounds of free agency and then a free for all before advancing to week 2 is the fairest option?

So 2 rounds of free agency and then a free for all before advancing to week 2 is the fairest option?

It will depend on how long round 1 takes. We don't want to spend a week doing FA. We will see how many join tonight and as for the FA: Gilberto is up now and can make his pick asap.

I think starting tomorrow at 5 people should have 30 mins for a pick (5 is early but you can have a look at the Madden site and have your picks prepared, picks made in the thread will be what is reserved). If they don't take it then they are skipped. So tomorrow from 5 until 11. That would be the first 12 and then Wednesday 5 until 11 the next 12.

Hopefully, people will make their decisions quicker but at most you should have 30 mins on the clock and keep an eye on the thread as your time will start as soon as the previous person picks. If you want pm myself and Heli a list of FA in order of which you want drafted for you and they will be reserved.

Is this fair enough?

• Advertisement

Ideal but probably not workable. Not fair on anyone who does not have Internet access through the day or commitments tomorrow night.

Agreeed Bert.

I have started the league anyway, I'll stick a new thread up now with the plan

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Would it be possible to get former members to join the league and fill out the CPU teams while we do FA? How many empty teams have we?

@madalig, yes the bills have picked up 3 players, the cards 1, all CPU

Ok, sorry for posting in the wrong thread!

No worries, Raoul also did it!

I have PM'd ste.
    He wont be on XBL til friday so i have given him some options, i expect a quick pick

Also can everyone make sure they join as a Created Coach not an existing one as you get benefits if you do the latter !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Also can everyone make sure they join as a Created Coach not an existing one as you get benefits if you do the latter !!

Fairly sure Seahawks new Head coach - LeBraun Grossman is a first timer ;)

Went with Gordon Bennett but should have named myself Interception King after my first preseason game.

I've piled on the pounds during the off season!

• Advertisement

The Minnesota Miracle Man, Gordon Bombay, is back in action with a phat Superbowl ring on his finger.

Advertisement