Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Agency

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

If though Kansas City is in the middle of america the papers have gone with this headline

news_103.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Where has all the good players gone, there was a few MLB's and Outside Linebackers rated in the 80's i was looking at and they're gone.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Where has all the good players gone, there was a few MLB's rated in the 80's i was looking at and they're gone.

CPU has taken them specifically the Bills!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Would it not be better restart the franchise then or can a commish release those players???
    Been offline for the last few days and trying to figure out exactly where I stand with my team!

CPU has taken them specifically the Bills!

Ah FFS, even Tebow is gone. waste of time now, any player i wanted is gone

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Nelbert wrote: »
    Would it not be better restart the franchise then or can a commish release those players???
    Been offline for the last few days and trying to figure out exactly where I stand with my team!

No i cannot release anyone, see the super important post.
    We may be ableto get some ladson the PFL to fill out or spots so we dont have the CPU killing us

No i cannot release anyone, see the super important post.
    We may be ableto get some ladson the PFL to fill out or spots so we dont have the CPU killing us

So I can't sign anyone right now? Even release and resign?

Nelbert wrote: »
    So I can't sign anyone right now? Even release and resign?

Nope,and why would you want to do that? you'd risk someone elsepicking them up

Nope,and why would you want to do that? you'd risk someone elsepicking them up

Relieve cap space so I can sign genuine targets!

But you'd be releasing and resigning the same player,there are rules on this on the PFL, they may make an appearance here at some point!

• Advertisement

Yeah. Only one of the few I've release that I MAY resign. I've cap space to work with and will release as I sign from now.

The super important post confuses me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I cut 10 scrubs tonight

Mikey posted we had to get to 53 by week 4

Have I broken some rule? They are all 3rd & 4th stringers, I don't want any of them

Anyway teams release and resign all the time. Vonta Leach was on 4 million, got cut, sweated a few weeks and got his job back at 2.5 million. It's realistic

No issues mike, the problem is it getting abused. Anyway if you cut leach I am picking him up!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I cut 10 scrubs tonight

Mikey posted we had to get to 53 by week 4

Have I broken some rule? They are all 3rd & 4th stringers, I don't want any of them

Anyway teams release and resign all the time. Vonta Leach was on 4 million, got cut, sweated a few weeks and got his job back at 2.5 million. It's realistic

Did we not start with the 53 man rosters though? That's what I thought was happening?

I have to say that this years franchise is very confusing, mainly thanks to EA but also not having 32 human teams which messes up free agency.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Paully D wrote: »
    Did we not start with the 53 man rosters though? That's what I thought was happening?

I have to say that this years franchise is very confusing, mainly thanks to EA but also not having 32 human teams which messes up free agency.

Started with the week 1 update I think so should all have 53 players would be no need for cut days. Cutting extra players will just tighter ur squad depth and u could only sign 2 FAs max in preseason and then 1 per week after that

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

guns4all wrote: »
    Started with the week 1 update I think so should all have 53 players would be no need for cut days. Cutting extra players will just tighter ur squad depth and u could only sign 2 FAs max in preseason and then 1 per week after that

Cheers.

We might as well just skip pre-season altogether if it's decided to start the league fresh due to the free agency problems then IMO.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Are you guys sure on the rosters sizes?
    Like I'm not made any changes to my team and my roster size is 56.
    Same for every1 else too,jets have 59,packers 58 etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Are you guys sure on the rosters sizes?
    Like I'm not made any changes to my team and my roster size is 56.
    Same for every1 else too,jets have 59,packers 58 etc etc

Injury reserve would come in for some of the teams, so as we arent doing pre existing injuries those injured players would be active and then cuts would have to be made

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

To explain some stufff.

Even though the franchise was started with the week 1 rosters there are usually 55-60 players still on each roster so you do need to cut your ropster to 53 by the end of preseason week 4. If you don't they the CPU wil do it for you.

Even if pre-existing injuries are on the only injury in the whole league is Suggs from the Ravnes who is out for 6 weeks. Pre-existing injuries are broken.

Free Agency. Once you start the league and go to week 1 there is the possibility that some Free Agents will be signed by CPU teams. However we are talking very few. However the **** hits the fan when you advance from week 1 to week 2 and at that stage the CPU teams go absolutely mad signing all the best free agents. So if you want to avoid that what really needs to happen is that at least round 1 of the free agency would need to be finished before the league is advanced to week to.

I think given some of the PMs I've got bert we'll set up a new league and get some guys to try and fill it out.

I'm away from my desk a good bit today but i think thats prob the best option, we'll have leave week 1 open if we dont fill the league, if we do we can advance through pre-season quickly and start monday.

• Advertisement

I think thats an excellent idea Keith. It is impossible to keep everyone happy everybody. We all want to get the league up and running as quickly as possible but its really not worth it the way is screws over the Free Agency.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Just on the roster. Heli asked me to create a new franchise, which I did but the only option I had was to pick the preseason roster? Was this wrong?

Raoul wrote: »
    Just on the roster. Heli asked me to create a new franchise, which I did but the only option I had was to pick the preseason roster? Was this wrong?
    Yep. unfortunately.

By the sounds of things you need to download the week 1 roster update. Go to start an online game and you weill be prompted or go to donwload rosters ( I think ). Then when you start a franchise you will have the availability to use CUSTOM ROSTER.

Berty44 wrote: »
    Yep. unfortunately.

By the sounds of things you need to download the week 1 roster update. Go to start an online game and you weill be prompted or go to donwload rosters ( I think ). Then when you start a franchise you will have the availability to use CUSTOM ROSTER.
    Ah OK. I thought the custom roster was something else. OK will get the franchise sorted out proper at lunch time. Do we want to advance straight away to week 1? Then that will open the FA. I know you said that the CPU will sign a few players when starting the league but is it OK to go ahead? In the interest of getting things done quickly

Ah OK. I thought the custom roster was something else. OK will get the franchise sorted out proper at lunch time. Do we want to advance straight away to week 1? Then that will open the FA. I know you said that the CPU will sign a few players when starting the league but is it OK to go ahead? In the interest of getting things done quickly

set it up, but dont advance raoul.
    I need to invite the PFL guys, so we should have 30 odd people on this evening

so will it be free for all on FA's or Draft?

so will it be free for all on FA's or Draft?

By Draft.

Free for all only starts once the two rounds of the draft are completed and even then you are only allowed pick up one Free Agent per gamewek.

Did it wrong the first time but now the franchise is set up. Anyone that got an invite this morning ignore it.

Called BoardsIE and the password is real

Do we even need the pfl guys? Not everyone in the league will join up tonight anyway and if people join and leave it means that they can't join again, even though I know it's unlikely. We should just do the 2 rounds of FA before advancing then have a free for all, pick up whoever you want and then advance to the season?

Like the FA won't make or break anyone's season. So no need to have such a big fuss over it.

Did it wrong the first time but now the franchise is set up. Anyone that got an invite this morning ignore it.

Called BoardsIE and the password is real

Do we even need the pfl guys? Not everyone in the league will join up tonight anyway and if people join and leave it means that they can't join again, even though I know it's unlikely. We should just do the 2 rounds of FA before advancing then have a free for all, pick up whoever you want and then advance to the season?

Sure its not gonna make a difference except limit the number of agents a team can hoover up, so its worth while having them, all they have to do is accept anyway

• Advertisement

Do we even need the pfl guys? Not everyone in the league will join up tonight anyway and if people join and leave it means that they can't join again, even though I know it's unlikely.

The Commissioner can boot someone from the league. If they are subsequently sent an invite that will be able to rejoin.

However if you leave of your own accord you are unable to join as the same team you left.

Advertisement