Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do after graduation

Options
  • 16-09-2013 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭

So, I'm a mature student about to start a 4 yr degree programme in LIT. Indutry I've chosen is quite exciting and there are many opportunities out there after graduation. Only thing is I don't know what to do afterwards. I've got a few kids and while I'm currently single I'm still very involved in their lives and I don't want to not be, ever. Not while they're still young anyway.

Trouble is that the opportunities that are available are slim pickings in my locality and without moving internationally or maybe to Dublin or maybe Cork at a longshot, I'll be kind of stuck with a degree that I cannot use to find decent employment in a relevant industry. Which is why I'm going back to college in the first place, right!? I've thought about possibly teaching but wouldn't know where to start or what the requirements are, especially if I'm going to third level teaching, which, to be honest is the only form of teaching that would interest me. I'm wondering now if I should just bite the bullet and see if I can get a proper full time job instead of going to college.

I'd appreciate any insight anybody has to offer

Advertisement