Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I work part time AND do a springboard course

Options
  • 16-09-2013 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I'm beginning a springboard course in Dublin soon. Is it possible to work part time while on the course. Would I have to inform the dole office If I took weekend work

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Attending the orientation for my springboard course tomorrow and I am interested in finding this out as well. I'll ask the college tomorrow what the situation is if I get a part time job.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

OK from asking the question the answer is once you are on a Springboard course you are OK if you get a PT job as long as you keep up attendance (85%) and are still looking actively for a full time position. With regard to SW you will have to inform them and they will probably put you on SW as a Casual basis, ie reduce your payments by the number of days you work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

gandalf wrote: »
    OK from asking the question the answer is once you are on a Springboard course you are OK if you get a PT job as long as you keep up attendance (85%) and are still looking actively for a full time position. With regard to SW you will have to inform them and they will probably put you on SW as a Casual basis, ie reduce your payments by the number of days you work.

I'm currently on a springboard course and working part time doing the x and o although I'm still bringing in forms so I'm not sure what's going to happen with t social welfare ill let ye know though once I find out, they're still paying me at the moment when im ebtirled to it and they know I'm in college but I have to bring them in more info on the course this week.. I had the part time job before applying for the springboard course..

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭bluevelvet

Thanks for the reply. I didn't know they reduced your payment if you take part time work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'm currently in my 2nd year of a Springboard course and started working part time too. I was on JSA getting €188. I fill in the casual working slips and I'm docked €21 for each day I work per week. I work 3 days a week so I lose €63 leaving me with €125 + the money I earn from my job. There are a few forms to be filled out by your employer but I found it smooth enough. I'd be happy to answer any other questions he have :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement