Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop repair

Options
  • 16-09-2013 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Any one a good cheap place that does laptop repair in town? I think its just a cmos battery( as all it says is time & day clocked stoped when it trys to boot) but its a bit to fidily for me to attemp without doing more damage!!

Cheers Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Cheap isn't always best. try this guy:
    (Not saying he's expensive)
    http://www.techguy.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Brian.D wrote: »
    Any one a good cheap place that does laptop repair in town? I think its just a cmos battery( as all it says is time & day clocked stoped when it trys to boot) but its a bit to fidily for me to attemp without doing more damage!!

Cheers Brian

If its just the battery you should be able to go into the bios (F2 ) and set the time and date then it will boot, it that is the case then open the underside of the laptop and see if the battery is there, if it is then its a simple swap, if not then it needs to be taken apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Brian.D

I decided to give a go & managed to change the cell battery myself & happy days its working fine a bit tricky to do but with a bit of patience I got it sorted its just a pity dell didn't just put a small opening on the bottom of the laptop which would have the cell battery replaced in a couple of minutes!!

Advertisement