Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New garmins

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

copacetic wrote: »
    Pretty hopeful news for release soon that he has a final production version now I guess?

Irish distributor hopes to now see them at end of November 1st week of December.

620 w/o HRM ~€405-410 with HRM ~€440-450
    220 w/o HRM ~€270-275 with HRM ~€310

All very 'ish' with the pricing. RRP will likely firm up once they are landed.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Yep, saw on wiggle for. €272 w/o HRM. Surprised they are that high, seem to be still $249 in US.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Degsy123

I have had a Forerunner 305 for a few years and like the look of the new 220. Anyone advise on whether or not I should consider changing ?. Surely a different watch will improve my running

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Degsy123 wrote: »
    I have had a Forerunner 305 for a few years and like the look of the new 220. Anyone advise on whether or not I should consider changing ?. Surely a different watch will improve my running

the more expensive 620 would improve you more than the 220 :rolleyes:

PaulieC wrote: »
    the more expensive 620 would improve you more than the 220

I'd disagree, the 220 is a great replacement for the 305 the 620 has additional features over both. I'd be in total agreement with the dcrainmaker conclusion.
    Like the previous Garmin FR210, I think that for 95% of runners out there, the FR220 covers everything you’d need in a GPS watch – from data tracking to easy uploading. It’s really only if you want a bit more data on the screen at once, or a bit more detail on things like Running Dynamics, that I’d recommend looking at the FR620 instead.

The only reason I might go for the 620 is that it looks like price won't be THAT different. Which is a pity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

copacetic wrote: »
    I'd disagree, the 220 is a great replacement for the 305 the 620 has additional features over both. I'd be in total agreement with the dcrainmaker conclusion..

I edited my post to insert a rolleyes smiley as it was clearly (I thought) a tongue-in-cheek comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

Seems like sweatshop.co.uk have the 220 and the 620 in stock as far as I can tell, theyre both bundled with a HRM.

I have to say though I'm tempted by the 610 at 199 also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭opus

Seems like sweatshop.co.uk have the 220 and the 620 in stock as far as I can tell, theyre both bundled with a HRM.

You can use the MTALK promo code from Marathon Talk for 10% off, does that seal the deal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

I’m very tempted by the 220 after DC rainmaker’s review. Although my temptation is tempered by the price and Krusty’s point about Garmins not having a great track record on initial release. I’m also emotionally attached to my 305.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

nerraw1111 wrote: »
    I’m very tempted by the 220 after DC rainmaker’s review. Although my temptation is tempered by the price and Krusty’s point about Garmins not having a great track record on initial release. I’m also emotionally attached to my 305.

By the time I have saved up enough, first release bugs will not be a problem :):rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

I take it the 610 will start to come down in price over the coming weeks?

I couldn't get that mtalk promo code to work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

just ordered ,the promo code isn't applicable on watches unforunately

I take it the 610 will start to come down in price over the coming weeks?

I couldn't get that mtalk promo code to work

I tried it before I posted & it looked like it was ok but I didn't go beyond the checkout screen where it asks you to enter it :confused: See screenshot attached, does it reject it later on in the process.

opus wrote: »
    I tried it before I posted & it looked like it was ok but I didn't go beyond the checkout screen where it asks you to enter it :confused: See screenshot attached, does it reject it later on in the process.

confirmed on their twitter feed,discounts not available on electronics

gearoidol wrote: »
    confirmed on their twitter feed,discounts not available on electronics

Sorry for the confusion :o I just went back to the site again & have now taken it all the way to where I'm entering my credit card details and it's still showing the discount. Just have to stop myself pulling the trigger now ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

:confused: It's been that price on Amazon for quite some time including HRM.

:confused: It's been that price on Amazon for quite some time including HRM.

Ah I didnt look closely enough, thought that included HRM. Ive been watching that Amazon price for a while and its great value, I just can't make my mind up which one to go for but I'll order one on payday. If I can figure out that the 220 is behaving itself for the most part I'll probably stump for that but it could be too early

ordered my 620 yesterday ,got an email this morning to say order cancelled due to no stock and that's it,no talk of reserving me one from the next delivery or anything,useless shower :(

ordered my 620 yesterday ,got an email this morning to say order cancelled due to no stock and that's it,no talk of reserving me one from the next delivery or anything,useless shower :(
    From where?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Get your money back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Saw the 620 at the expo for ny marathon. Price was 399 dollars so 300 euro.
    Bought the 220 for 205 euros at expo.

From where?

sweatshop.co.uk they have the exlusive online rights for a while.

They got a few more in yesterday and they rang to say deman was so high the day before that they couldnt turn off the product on the website quick enough and orders went through that they had no stock for,so they sent us a private link yesterday to buy and mine should be shipped at this stage.

Saw the 620 at the expo for ny marathon. Price was 399 dollars so 300 euro.
    Bought the 220 for 205 euros at expo.

Great value and either one a bit of a no brainer at that price. Might get a friend to pick me up the 220 in the states...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭RunDMC

I was planning to do the same while in the US next week, but it appears that there's no stock anywhere until mid-December.

R

Anyone suggest where in new york might be best to try for one of the new garmins ?. A friend of mine is heading over at the start of December and I was hoping to get him to pick one up for me. Sounds like they may be scarce though :(

Anyone suggest where in new york might be best to try for one of the new garmins ?. A friend of mine is heading over at the start of December and I was hoping to get him to pick one up for me. Sounds like they may be scarce though :(
    Possibly Paragon Sports. However, the best thing to do would be to order from Amazon.com and get it shipped to someone you know over there. That way you avoid local taxes (and save your buddy having to run around the streets of NYC for a few days!).

My 620 arrived today whoop whoop, just heading out for a recovery 5 miler to try it out

Ordered the 220 from sweatshop, lets just see if it's actually in stock.

Ordered the 220 from sweatshop, lets just see if it's actually in stock.

I emailed them on Monday asking if it was in stock but no reply - I guess that's a no !

• Advertisement

I emailed them on Monday asking if it was in stock but no reply - I guess that's a no !

They took the money from my account already :rolleyes:

Ill probably see it in a month.

Advertisement