Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Houston to Miami car hire?

Options
  • 16-09-2013 2:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 389 ✭✭

I have rented out a car for the last few years in the US. However I have always dropped it off near to where i got in and it has been cheap. However myself and a friend are flying to Houston and then driving all the way to Miami and flying out of there. The prices have shot up from €220 to €500+.

Now we need to reconsider our options, like Houston - New Orleans back to Houston to drop off car and take a internal flight to Miami. It defights the purpose but we are on a budget.

Are there they options available that people know of? Is the reason why it is so dear (taxes it seems) because the number plate (ie Texas) needs to leave from a Texan address?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

Can't you swallow the cost that would be spent on flights? Internal flights, by the time you've added on luggage etc probably wouldn't be that much more than the car rental.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'm renting in San Fran and dropping in Seattle, after a few calls to hertz i got the one way fee down to 200 euro

Advertisement