Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr binman recycling bags

• 16-09-2013 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

did anyone hear anything about Mr Binman doing away with the recycling bag and are going to use the bins now instead.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

As far as i know they dont take the rubbish if there is no bag in the bin which is why I left them and went to Clean ireland, that and its cheaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Just contact them and they'll send you a bin free. Have a bin at home since June and its a great help - no flimsy bags tearing when you put cardboard into them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

Yes the opti bags are being replaced by a blue bin.

Mc Love wrote: »
    As far as i know they dont take the rubbish if there is no bag in the bin which is why I left them and went to Clean ireland, that and its cheaper

If you mean recycling rubbish, I haven't put a bag in the bin since I got it and they've taken it every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

yeah I gave my blue bin back as it seemed it was a waste of a space in the back, I put the recycling stuff in the bag in the kitchen, then on bin day put the bag in the bin roll the bin out to the front and they would take the bag out of the bin and put it in the truck, looks like Ill have to get a blue bin from them again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

They wont take my blue binned un-bagged recycled stuff yet, over the next few weeks / months that is supposed to change & I will be able to not have to use the opti-bags, had this conversation with them only last week as some call centre in Cork they are using to contact customers about this topic & collection schedule changes are giving out duff info on their behalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Delphi91 wrote: »
    If you mean recycling rubbish, I haven't put a bag in the bin since I got it and they've taken it every time.

Yeah recycling and wouldnt take it ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Called in there today for recycling bags. Nice girl at the counter said they are being phased out in the next 10-14 days and will send us out a new recycling bin instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭fleabag

Bit dismayed to see this thread. We just buy the green bags when we need them and get a free recycling bag with it. We don't have a 6 monthly or yearly contract with them because it wasn't worth it for what we throw away. Does anyone know what the situation would be in this case? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Up until now, we have had to put the recycling bags into the recycling bin (which seemed like a silly sort of system, surely one or the other would be best).

The bin is probably more hygienic, because the birds can't get to it and wreak the neighbourhood - will they continue to only accept recycling in bags or can it be loose in the big bin?

• Advertisement

Up until now, we have had to put the recycling bags into the recycling bin (which seemed like a silly sort of system, surely one or the other would be best).

The bin is probably more hygienic, because the birds can't get to it and wreak the neighbourhood - will they continue to only accept recycling in bags or can it be loose in the big bin?

Given that they're phasing out the recycling bags then loose recycling in the bin seems possible.

As I said earlier, I've had the bin since June, never put the recycling into a bag in the bin and they've taken it every time. I even put loose shredded paper in there (after first enquiring from Mr Binman if that was ok!) and again, the bin was taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

They have never taken loose rubbish the few times I've chanced it! Fingers crossed I'll be able to now - it seems like a ridiculous rule - wrap your plastic rubbish in plastic and put it in a plastic box or we won't take it...

They left my blue bin un-emptied this day last week so collecting loose recycled stuff in a blue bin does not apply to all area's as yet for some reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Got a letter in the door this morning stating that from the end of September Mr.Binman will collect the bins on alternating weeks , General & Organic one week , recycling the following week . Up until now my bins have all been collected on the same day , every second week . For me , the first week of the new collection routine for recycling ( 7th Oct ) is when I am to finish with the opti-bags and start with the Blue Bin .

Got the same letter today also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

So arrived home today to find a new blue bin and was wondering what this was all about and found this thread.

My folks have been using the opti-bags for recycling ever since we started using Mr Binman and we didn't get a letter in the post (yet) so this was quite a surprise.

Alright from reading this thread is this correct?
    (1) The new collection routine starts off on the 30/9/2013? General and organic that week, then the next week 07/10/2013 it's recycling... and the alternation continues as such?

(2) They should be okay with unbagged recycling in the recycling bin once the alternating collection starts (seems to be some confusion here)?

Advertisement