Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do not install 'play' disc on xbox 360

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Tried installing the second disc onto a usb key, it gave me the option and all but when I clicked it the CD started going and the game started so I just went along with it!

But want to try get it downloaded today onto the key.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Tried installing the second disc onto a usb key, it gave me the option and all but when I clicked it the CD started going and the game started so I just went along with it!

But want to try get it downloaded today onto the key.

Make sure its a decent USB key, minimum read/write would be just scratching at the surface.

listermint wrote: »
    Make sure its a decent USB key, minimum read/write would be just scratching at the surface.

Thanks for the reply, it was a 16gb only bought it yesterday, just have to find a way to transfer onto it now because I have already started the game just using the disc.

How do I install disc 2 onto a usb key, I have already started playing the game but can't find the option?

Anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

How do you uninstall disc 2 play without affecting progress? On Xbox went into system files but don't know which to delete part1,2,3 files listed. Please help Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

Does the Xbox require any online download updates to use the game?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

C-Shore wrote: »
    Does the Xbox require any online download updates to use the game?

Mind didn't need any last night. I installed the game and started playing right away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

Loughc wrote: »
    Mind didn't need any last night. I installed the game and started playing right away.

Thanks for that.

I updated the console a couple of weeks back but haven't had internet since then so just wanted to make sure in case I needed to bring the console somewhere to update.

I really appreciate the reply, I'm picking it up after work.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

C-Shore wrote: »
    Thanks for that.

I updated the console a couple of weeks back but haven't had internet since then so just wanted to make sure in case I needed to bring the console somewhere to update.

I really appreciate the reply, I'm picking it up after work.

No problem at all enjoy playing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

listermint wrote: »

What type of speed should I be looking for? Is 5/10 sufficient?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

would a 16gb flash be enough to install gtav.?or would i have to buy hard drive too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Is the second disc install actually that noticeable to anyone who tried it? I didn't install it at first, but after a day or two with the fan going wild, I decided to say feçk it and installed disc 2. It's nice to have a silent fan now and tbh I haven't noticed any obvious decline in the graphics, they still look absolutely gorgeous to my eyes. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Is the second disc install actually that noticeable to anyone who tried it? I didn't install it at first, but after a day or two with the fan going wild, I decided to say feçk it and installed disc 2. It's nice to have a silent fan now and tbh I haven't noticed any obvious decline in the graphics, they still look absolutely gorgeous to my eyes. :pac:
    It wasn't the fan making the noise, it was the disc;)

When playing from the hdd there is noticeable pop in from time to time. An example of this is the gate in Michael's house. Sometimes when leaving the house it appears to be open but as you get closer it suddenly appears and you end up crashing into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    It wasn't the fan making the noise, it was the disc;)

When playing from the hdd there is noticeable pop in from time to time. An example of this is the gate in Michael's house. Sometimes when leaving the house it appears to be open but as you get closer it suddenly appears and you end up crashing into it.

Oh yeah you're right, yeah I just think a nice quiet console is worth putting up with the odd graphical glitch, the noise is distracting because I'm so used to installing my games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Oh yeah you're right, yeah I just think a nice quiet console is worth putting up with the odd graphical glitch, the noise is distracting because I'm so used to installing my games.
    Indeed, I also chose to install it. The pop in that occurs isn't too bad Imo.

Advertisement