Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saorview Connect

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

lsjmhar wrote: »
    Hopefully they will add 7 day epg and series link to UK sat side. They will probably add nowtv and eir sport app also. Really looking forward to this!!!

None of those things are ever going to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

lsjmhar wrote:
    Hopefully they will add 7 day epg and series link to UK sat side. They will probably add nowtv and eir sport app also. Really looking forward to this!!!

Any chance of some of the stuff you're on :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭chuck eastwood

Sure they can't even get the app to work. Not a hope in hell of half of the above being added

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

The app is useless on android. You can't even download series to watch offline. They're too broke to pay for the rights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

This is your reality...

"You will not notice any immediate change in the operation of your Saorview Connect box following this update. The new software version will be titled 20.19."

• Advertisement

Yup. We are upgrading your software to do absolutely nothing yet. It will be the most exciting nothing we have installed to date and maybe someday nothing eill be something but for now please do enjoy our nothing update.
    Saorview is a joke and I've only had it a week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

JDxtra wrote: »
    This is your reality...

"You will not notice any immediate change in the operation of your Saorview Connect box following this update. The new software version will be titled 20.19."

Lol!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Just in case anyone still expects a fully functional UK EPG.

ITV and BBC are rolling out their US streaming service to the UK

It wouldn't take much to add live streaming and launch it on the Irish market. Just rights issues for third party content.

https://www.britbox.com/home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Just in case anyone still expects a fully functional UK EPG.

ITV and BBC are rolling out their US streaming service to the UK

It wouldn't take much to add live streaming and launch it on the Irish market. Just rights issues for third party content.

https://www.britbox.com/home

That is a very different offering. It is for old bbc and itv shows. It won't have anything live. The iplayer is due to be allowed to have content on the player for 12 months after first broadcast. So anything on britbox from the bbc will be > 12 months.

Itv seem to be pushing it as it will be 90% owned by them. Possible we will see it added to freesat boxes but it is only being launched in the uk for a start (so geoblocked here).

Netflix is meant to be stalling on growth in the USA and losing subscribers after the recent price increase. With increasing competition streaming players from broadcasters have a chance to catch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ChristopherGK

nmb2010 wrote: »
    Has anyone had any issues with connect box seeing external drive capacity. Bought a new 4TB usb 3.0 drive. Formatted it when asked.

Just connected a USB 3.0 drive, but am not seeing anything about formatting. Did a message appear when you first connected the drive?

• Advertisement

Just connected a USB 3.0 drive, but am not seeing anything about formatting. Did a message appear when you first connected the drive?

What version firmware is on the box. You need 0.20.18 I only have a USB stick connected at the moment. I got a message to formatt when I inserted it.

Turn it off and on and reconnect the hdd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭lanod2407

Does the HDD need to have its own power source or can you use one that gets power from the USB?

lanod2407 wrote:
    Does the HDD need to have its own power source or can you use one that gets power from the USB?

Power from usb is fine far as I know

Turn it off and on and reconnect the hdd.

I'll need some more help. Box powered off. Powered on. Booting. Fully on. Plugged HD in. No message about formatting.

Where did you see formatting message?

Drive is a Seagate 5T with USB3.0 and 12v power adapter.

The hdd must be plugged in before you power on the box. The formatting message appears on tv screen.

The hdd must be plugged in before you power on the box. The formatting message appears on tv screen.

It took a few reboots, but I finally got the format message and it works. Thanks.

Also got the .20 software upgrade. Now functional.

It took a few reboots, but I finally got the format message and it works. Thanks.

Great delighted you're sorted

My update is going well. At 112% now!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

My update is going well. At 112% now!!!

To be sure to be sure :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Whats the changelog on the software update anyway ?

How many OTA software upgrades have been deployed since this box went on the market what 2 years ago ?

STB. wrote: »
    Whats the changelog on the software update anyway ?

How many OTA software upgrades have been deployed since this box went on the market what 2 years ago ?

I think this is the 4th update. The others were alpha and beta recording updates. This one is supposed to support new RTE player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

So disappointed with this box but will continue to use in the short term.

Any issues with HDMI cec? I have connected via an AV Receiver and then to the TV. Skybox was previously able to turn tv on but not SV Connect box.

I do not see any settings that may be impacting this.

Any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kits2004

I just upgraded my Dads Ariva box to the Powerpoint Saorview Connect box. Set-up was easy and the interface is much improved if quite buggy, my problem is I used to be able to add shows/images to a usb drive for him to view but it looks like this is not supported on this box. I've played around with it a fair bit and tried updating the firmware, etc but no joy whatsoever. Am i missing something or is this just not supported?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kardeen

Hi folks, I have just joined this group and not quite sure how it works. My question is, I am considering changing my Walker Combi set top box to the new Powerpoint Saorview Connect Combi Box as I want something that can reliably record one channel Irish or English channel while I can look at another, is this box good enough to do that?

kardeen wrote: »
    Hi folks, I have just joined this group and not quite sure how it works. My question is, I am considering changing my Walker Combi set top box to the new Powerpoint Saorview Connect Combi Box as I want something that can reliably record one channel Irish or English channel while I can look at another, is this box good enough to do that?

The box can record one channel while watching another. It can only do one channel at a time, however, so you can't record two channels and watch a third. If you want to record UKFTA channels you have to input time,channel,length, as their is no series link on UKFTA. You also need two satellite feeds from your dish to do this and watch a second UK channel. There is series link on Irish saorview channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sellphone

Hi, new to this thread, I am considering getting the Saorview Connect box (Powerpoint Appliance). I dumped Sky a year ago, and still have the satellite dish (it is only about three years old), can I use it to get the UKFTA channels?

Sellphone wrote: »
    Hi, new to this thread, I am considering getting the Saorview Connect box (Powerpoint Appliance). I dumped Sky a year ago, and still have the satellite dish (it is only about three years old), can I use it to get the UKFTA channels?

Yup. I did exactly that with the PowerPoint box two weeks ago. Well i actually have sky and UKFTA running off the same dish. Saorview running off a small Antenna mounted beside it. All working perfectly

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Sellphone wrote: »
    Yes.

For the UK channels the EPG is Now and Next only.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Yes.

For the UK channels the EPG is Now and Next only.

Which basically means no setting timers for future recordings on UK channels unless you want to so it manually

Advertisement