Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English(HL) writing tips, please?

• 16-09-2013 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

My English teacher has very high standards and expects the class to write a high standard answer of 1 page in 15 minutes which I find to be really difficult because it takes me quite a while to think of something to write.

How do I improve my writing skill and write a quality answer in the short length of time given to me? Should I just practice until I develop the skill or what? Also any other tips or advise would be welcome, thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

My English teacher has very high standards and expects the class to write a high standard answer of 1 page in 15 minutes which I find to be really difficult because it takes me quite a while to think of something to write.

How do I improve my writing skill and write a quality answer in the short length of time given to me? Should I just practice until I develop the skill or what? Also any other tips or advise would be welcome, thanks :)

practice?yes definitely , my teacher was the same , they are just being realistic as you run out of time so quickly in the exam.I used to be stuck for half a page of writing without even being timed.My teacher was great and made us write down anything and read out are answers, i hated it at the time :P but i really started to improve.Force yourself to write down absolutely anything you can think of /even if you don't think its good , gradually more should come to your head and the more you know the quicker you will be able to do that 1 page

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭yoho139

Yeah, I'd need some too. My teacher expects a page in 10 minutes.

Advertisement