Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download Festival 2014

Options
  • 16-09-2013 5:12pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

994019_10152207986389202_1195147918_n.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Avenged Sevenfold and Pearl Jam.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

Hoping its Pearl Jam

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭rebel89

Avenged has to be one, would be shocked at this stage if they're not!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea the fact they are doing arena shows this time i can see them headline .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

might make me go

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Soundgarden again? I'll be 37 but the lineup this year appealed to me. I know there were some older grey and grizzly bands this year. Might get the Deftones or PJ? I'm kind of sick of going to hipster festivals and cherry picking the more aggressive music.... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭hellyeah

How about korn? went down a storm this year plus with new album out soon.
    avenged seven fold defo imo. meh.

hellyeah wrote: »
    How about korn? went down a storm this year plus with new album out soon.
    avenged seven fold defo imo. meh.

Not big enough to headline anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Mushy wrote: »
    Not big enough to headline anyway.

I agree they wouldn't pull off a headline spot, but I would love to see them again, they where awesome this year.

Foo Fighters for headliner?

• Advertisement

I hope so

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I imagine they'll come out of this mini hiatus they are on its been said writing had begun on a new album earlier this year,so unless Glasto is on the cards they'll be one.

I believe this as all 3 of last years headliners were chosen directly from official forum polls. In the polls for next years edition Foo Fighters gained the biggest percentage of the vote. Avenged Sevenfold second highest with Rage Against the Machine the third highest (dunno how likely them touring is though,headlined previously in 2010). Other bands that polled not far off include Green Day, Pearl Jam,Tool, and Van Halen also Metallica but would rule them out as they Headlined in 2012.

I imagine they'll come out of this mini hiatus they are on its been said writing had begun on a new album earlier this year,so unless Glasto is on the cards they'll be one.

I believe this as all 3 of last years headliners were chosen directly from official forum polls. In the polls for next years edition Foo Fighters gained the biggest percentage of the vote. Avenged Sevenfold second highest with Rage Against the Machine the third highest (dunno how likely them touring is though,headlined previously in 2010). Other bands that polled not far off include Green Day, Pearl Jam,Tool, and Van Halen also Metallica but would rule them out as they Headlined in 2012.

Yea pretty much confirmed they will have an album out next year and tour the summer in Europe . They even said FF dont do vacations very well

I asked Andy on twitter if he would like foo fighters to play at download and this was his response - "Of course...... Who wouldn't"
    Is there a could chance they are playing this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

I have a horrible feeling it will be Blink 182 & Green Day!

Fi H wrote: »

If anyone of them were going to play it would be one or the other unless Blink sub GD , but cannot seeing either playing tbh

Fi H wrote: »

Andy has gotten some slack for headliners previous, and it was reasonable, but there is zero chance he'd do both both bands as headline. Green day need a long headline which he'd be reluctant to give, blink are notoriously **** live (hey, when 2 thirds of the band cant play instruments to a decent level, you're in trouble).

One of them may headline, but if they do, a7x wont happen. Its an odd year for download/rock fests, theyve nearly exhausted the headliners available to them, they need a band to step up. It seems a7x* are that band, but to counter that they need a huge rock rock band, and a big metal/classic rock band. I can see Pearl Jam, A7x, Van Halen doing it, with vh having a very solid supporting lineup.

*a7x have been touted as not only potential headliners for months, but the next big thing for ages. If they confirmed as headliners, no point giving out, it wont change. I think they're a dreadful, mediocre band with some talent, but copy metallica and you'll be big. But it'll be a huge risk for copping to place a7x as headliners and not have two big bands playing too, otherwise its a cheap copout.

Ya Mushy is spot on I think with his evaluation.

A7X wouldnt be suprising if announced as headliner but their latest album is evidence enough that they wanna imitate the rock gods rather than take the torch with their own hands headlining fests in america aftershock etc playing 13 songs prob wouldnt do the job at download either.

Blink wont be a headlinder for a start third down or second stage headliner is where theyd b at were they given a slot.

And speaking of a strange year for fests are Trivium confirmed headling Hellfest?

Yea as Mushy was saying its a weird one for headliners next year , i cant really think of that many for the DL crowd , bar Pearl Jam and Foo's

• Advertisement

I hope you are right. Apparently Blink 182 posted saying they had just signed up for a major festival same time as Andy Copping announced he had just booked 2 headliners but they took it down.

Pearl Jam would in incredible, definitely guaranteed numbers and different to the repeating headliners of the last few years. The real question is whether sonisphere will make a return...IMO there definitely arent enough headliners to go round at this stage.

If I could choose anyone it would be Pearl Jam,Rush & Avenged

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Been saying it for some time now, there just isn't enough quality bands around to fill 2 3Day festivals in the UK, as has been proven the last 2 years wit Sonisphere failing.

What Soni needs to do is re-invent itself, change to a 1 day festival at Milton Keynes Bowl (One of my fav ever venues), they could have a stellar line up just for 1 day and would sell out without a bother, Monster of Rock did year in, year out

Soni was away better festival than DL though :(

1st announcement Monday at 8am!!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

1st announcement Monday at 8am!!

Please let it be pearl jam...!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

It's Ax7

Foo Fighters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

scudzilla wrote: »
    It's Ax7

Might be headlining, but they usually announce the strongest headliner first so announcing A7X initially would be a bit of a downer.

fewtins wrote: »
    Might be headlining, but they usually announce the strongest headliner first so announcing A7X initially would be a bit of a downer.

Yeah and usually they don't announce a headliner who has an upcoming tour unless ticket sales have performed so either they have or A7X aren't headlining after all. Sweden Rock hotly tipped to have booked Van Halen have an announcement Monday now too, coincidence? Guessin they'd only sub to a Pearl Jam or an Aerosmith?

• Advertisement

Theres a website in France where Hellfest organiser is interviewed. Says Van Halen are doing Sweden Rock and Download.

Other rumours are them co-headlining with Aerosmith, but that remains to be seen.

VH wouldnt entice me!

Advertisement