Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download Festival 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

It does worry me that it could be bad.....fingers crossed for pearl jam

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Andy Copping
    One headliner and a special guest at 8am tomorrow. Same at 8am Tuesday and again at 8am on Wednesday #spreademout

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Thats rather annoyin ah well if the rumours are true with Sweden Rock also announcing 2moros announcement will involve VH surely but with who Kiss/Pearl Jam?? or whats been touted as most likely Aerosmith

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I can't see PJ playing it now. I asume they gonna have a countdown on their site for an announcement, and it hasn't happened. Own shows for them hopefully:D

Van Halen, Foo Fighters , A7X ?

• Advertisement

I'm wondering would VH be a sub-headline? Hard to tell how popular they would be, I don't think they would headline, but given the ego's involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Mushy wrote: »
    I'm wondering would VH be a sub-headline? Hard to tell how popular they would be, I don't think they would headline, but given the ego's involved!

If it's VH they will headline, no doubt about it, first UK appearance in god knows how long, even though it's an accident waiting to happen, an awful live band with no stamina or loyalty to ticket buying fans

Yea id say the fee's VH are charging they will want to headline . co headline with Kiss?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

Is A7X with Rob Zombie as main support.

http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/news

Thats small!

• Advertisement

Thats small!

Maybe saving the best till last ha

Maybe saving the best till last ha

Foos itd have to be, if they available:Pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Bah boriiinnnngggg.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Happy enough seeing them in the O2 - not sure they're worth a plane journey.

Was gonna be tough to be at the same level as last years headliners.

Shall see what Saturday and Sunday bring sure.

Linkin Park playing Hybrid Theory in full for second headliner!

Linkin Park playing Hybrid Theory in full for second headliner!

Just heard that, what a fcukin awful headliner, they sound EXACTLY the same live as in studio.

Hybrid Theory is only 37mins long, will they play it then fcuk off and let a proper band play?

scudzilla wrote: »
    Just heard that, what a fcukin awful headliner, they sound EXACTLY the same live as in studio.

Hybrid Theory is only 37mins long, will they play it then fcuk off and let a proper band play?

Wonder will it be a bad year for festival headliners all round? I nearly expect Alter Bridge to be announced next.

Wonder will it be a bad year for festival headliners all round? I nearly expect Alter Bridge to be announced next.

They're Special Guests on the Saturday

They're Special Guests on the Saturday

For definite? Cos that'll be the 8am announcement tomorrow. Who is Sunday then?

For definite? Cos that'll be the 8am announcement tomorrow. Who is Sunday then?

I've been hearing VH/Kiss Co-headlining

• Advertisement

I've been hearing VH/Kiss Co-headlining

Copping did say there be no co-headlining bands. Seems odd to hold off on VH if they are playing. If that is the 3 days main bands, it'd be very easy not to go, even if it is only a small amount to base it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Christ VH

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Headliners get worse with ever year.

Fall Out Boy subbing LP.

God damn rumours getting me excited :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Aerosmith and alter bridge :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

Does anyone know if Download would be enjoyable on one's own? I've always wanted to go to Download, and this year seems as good as any, as I've wanted to see Aerosmith live for years, would love to see Hybrid Theory performed live by Linkin Park and would definitely pay to see any of the other bands announced so far live on their own, other than Rob Zombie. Anyway, all of my friends who listen to metal and would go with me are going to be busy for this weekend, so I've been considering bringing my dad, who would definitely enjoy Aerosmith and have some fun at the festival, but I also know if he comes he's not going to have as much energy as me and have to take breaks during the day, so I'll be left on my own for a good bit of the festival, would people still recommend going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Does anyone know if Download would be enjoyable on one's own? I've always wanted to go to Download, and this year seems as good as any, as I've wanted to see Aerosmith live for years, would love to see Hybrid Theory performed live by Linkin Park and would definitely pay to see any of the other bands announced so far live on their own, other than Rob Zombie. Anyway, all of my friends who listen to metal and would go with me are going to be busy for this weekend, so I've been considering bringing my dad, who would definitely enjoy Aerosmith and have some fun at the festival, but I also know if he comes he's not going to have as much energy as me and have to take breaks during the day, so I'll be left on my own for a good bit of the festival, would people still recommend going?

Loads of people go on their own, if you sign up to the Download festival forums there's a thread about the 'camp loner' thing, and people who are going alone all camp together.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Headliners get worse with ever year.

Talking shite there, last years headliners were Maiden, Rammstein and Slipknot, of course this years was gonna be worse than that but getting worse? Last years was by far the strongest in recent memory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Decided to try Alt-fest instead of Download this year and bought one of their early bird tickets...not sure I made the right choice now.

Advertisement