Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for advice

Options
  • 16-09-2013 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,

I am trying to sell my daughters horse as she had moved from home to another county due to work. I was looking after him (7yr old 14.2 cob) and she was coming home as often as possible.

However due to a back injury I sustained and her increasing working hours it has become unsustainable for us to keep him.

This is by no means an advertisement, I'm just hoping that apart from done deal you might have some suggestions as to where we can try re home him?

It's a sad decision and we want to try find him a loving home.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Sorry to hear that you have to rehome your pony - I will be trying to rehome our beloved horse next year when my daughter goes to college - got the following reply from 'Dark Phoenix' in response to my query similar to yours, I hadnt thought of the Irish Field. Wish you lots of luck in finding a good home for your pony:

extract from a reply by Dark Phoenix, in another post
    My advice aonb would be pay for an add in the irish Field as it has great readership. Secondly do up a good flyer - pics of the horse ridden - details on what he has done before - details on type of rider he would suit and send it on to any local riding clubs and pony clubs and ask them to forward on to members. Recently did this with a friends horse and it sold within weeks where as she got nowhere advertising on the likes of DD. Also place an add with a photo in the local tack shops if they permit it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I think the above post covers most of the other areas you could advertise. The Farmers Journal and Buy&Sell are 2 other options you could look into.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Also try sticking an ad up with your local pony club!

Advertisement