Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox live

Options
  • 16-09-2013 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Hi, I don't know if I am posting in the right place but mods feel free to move it if I have.
    What I am wondering is is it possible to put a timer on xbox live via a modem or some such other way, like can I have it that it is used from 10 am to 10 pm or anything like that?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

There's parental controls on your xbox, haven't had to use them myself, but two points from their website sound like what you're looking for:
    Family Timer: This setting allows you to limit the time that your console can be used on a daily or weekly basis.
    Xbox Live Access: This setting allows you to decide if your family can connect to Xbox Live from this console.

See here

If that doesn't do it for you, perhaps try in the tech section here.

It's certainly possible on a router anyway. My cheapy router can block access based on IP address during certain times, so ask in that forum, providing details like the make and model of your router.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Talula_d

Thanks so much, I have set a daily limit for the time being but I want to increase the daily limit at the weekend so maybe through my router I might be able to do something!

Advertisement