Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lumia 620

• 16-09-2013 6:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

have this phone with 3. A problem is , you have to keep trying to find network continually. whether you are in a good reception area is irrelavant.
    Bear in mind if buying lumia windows phone....works ok ..this is a nusiance.
    Fully update etc. fault with phone.....be aware..

secondly:
    Put a photo on my gmail account on the phone ....unable now to delete ot change it ...tried everything...including trying to change photo on PC ...

any advice ... appreciated..Paddy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Paddy do you have a 620 or 625 ? What do you mean by continually having to search for network ? Data or wifi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

PaulieC wrote: »
    Paddy do you have a 620 or 625 ? What do you mean by continually having to search for network ? Data or wifi?

sorry i just checked its a 620. whaty i mean is that continually you see that you have no data ...you have to go into network ..search for in my case 3G select and away you go for a while ...then it goes again.....nusiance...

i have it set to automatic....for 3......never happened when i had the iphone up to two weeks ago! be mindful...if you google it , its common problem ...didnt spot it before i forked out the cash!!!

another simple thing is you cannot set a timer to turn phone off eg..listening to radio at night ....cant be done....simple addittion that is missed on the 620 anyway ..otherwise i find the 620 ok...wouldnt buy another tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

have this phone with 3. A problem is , you have to keep trying to find network continually. whether you are in a good reception area is irrelavant.
    Bear in mind if buying lumia windows phone....works ok ..this is a nusiance.
    Fully update etc. fault with phone.....be aware..

secondly:
    Put a photo on my gmail account on the phone ....unable now to delete ot change it ...tried everything...including trying to change photo on PC ...

any advice ... appreciated..Paddy

I presume its a sim free 620, on the three network. Which is exactly what I have.

I have no such no issues with connection, other then what every other phone suffers with three, which is dodgy connection every so often. (brothers have iPhone and Galaxy, both of which suffer dodgy connection with Three)

If you try and choose your network on your phone, you will see two three's appear. Choose the other one and see what happens.

mark_m360 wrote: »
    I presume its a sim free 620, on the three network. Which is exactly what I have.

I have no such no issues with connection, other then what every other phone suffers with three, which is dodgy connection every so often. (brothers have iPhone and Galaxy, both of which suffer dodgy connection with Three)

If you try and choose your network on your phone, you will see two three's appear. Choose the other one and see what happens.

correct sim free ..its ok except for problem as outlined (google it!) tried the other 3 ..still same ...not sure if changing to 087 will assist me !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭ablelocks

i have an unlocked 820 on 3, and it seems to be managing the switch from 3 3G - vodafone 2G - back to 3 3G fine.

not sure if it's the same on the 620, but my settings under mobile network are

Data Connection - on
    Data Roaming Options - Roam
    Highest Connection Speed - 3G
    Network Selection - Automatic

• Advertisement

ablelocks wrote: »
    i have an unlocked 820 on 3, and it seems to be managing the switch from 3 3G - vodafone 2G - back to 3 3G fine.

not sure if it's the same on the 620, but my settings under mobile network are

Data Connection - on
    Data Roaming Options - Roam
    Highest Connection Speed - 3G
    Network Selection - Automatic
    thanks seems to be ok after reset so far!

This lumia 620 that I have is new and bought as new from amazon uk.
    Continual problem losing network and having to be reset manually to find network. Have three mobile B/B too , it's not a network issue it's either a three or lumia issue. On way back to amazon for refund. Be aware when buying if on three anyway ..... May be some dispute going on between nokia and network providers ...google to find out more ...be warned anyway !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

This lumia 620 that I have is new and bought as new from amazon uk.
    Continual problem losing network and having to be reset manually to find network. Have three mobile B/B too , it's not a network issue it's either a three or lumia issue. On way back to amazon for refund. Be aware when buying if on three anyway ..... May be some dispute going on between nokia and network providers ...google to find out more ...be warned anyway !!!

I bought my 620 off Amazon and don't have your particular problems. There is an on going dispute between Three & Nokia Ireland which is well known at this stage.

If you check the Three forum, there is a lot of people having issues with coverage and it covers a wide array of handsets, from iPhone 5 to S4 to Nokia Lumia's.

The fact that Three won't sell Nokia devices does not help as they will say we don't support that device anyway. But there is coverage issues across the entire Three network and it has gotten progressively worse over the past couple of months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

May be some dispute going on between nokia and network providers ...google to find out more ...be warned anyway !!!

I think you'll be able to google and find the same problem with any network and any phone be it, Apple, Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone, etc...

AntiVirus wrote: »
    I think you'll be able to google and find the same problem with any network and any phone be it, Apple, Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone, etc...

fair comment ....wasnt an issue on iphone for last three yrs ...lumia returned for this issue.....only my experience

• Advertisement
Advertisement