Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some general questions

• 16-09-2013 7:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭

Q: If a dog is NEVER brought to a town/village/residental area - i.e. stays at its rural home, does it 'need' a dog license? How are dog licenses checked for??

Q: Can anyone recommend a good book or Method of teaching a dog who is growing deaf, basic hand signals/sign language?

Q: If a dog is constipated (NOT ill, but occassionally constipated) is Liquid Parafin an acceptable solution - if not, what would be good? 'homeopathic'/natural rather than medicine?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

In answer to your second question, this site has some great training and sign language tips for deaf dogs:

http://www.deafdogs.org

it's primarily aimed at dogs who are deaf since birth, like my girl, but I'd imagine that a lot of the same principles would apply to an elderly dog who's losing his hearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

aonb wrote: »
    Q: If a dog is constipated (NOT ill, but occassionally constipated) is Liquid Parafin an acceptable solution - if not, what would be good? 'homeopathic'/natural rather than medicine?

Probably somebody else will give you better info, but I found that liquid parafin isn't always a good solution.
    Most depends on how the hydratation of your dog is. If he has trouble at defecating it might be that the dog is poorly hydratated or that he feeds on dry food only.
    Anyway, in my experience I had some good results with liquid parafin but had much better results with lactulose.
    You should ask your vet before any manouvre, he knows your dog well.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭inocybe

answer to first question is yes. Dog wardens can do random checks to houses, rare in rural areas but does happen.

Advertisement