Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livery predicament!

Options
  • 16-09-2013 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

I am in a desperate state of affairs, my mare miscarried her foal due to a rotated pelvis, seized hips and an array other hip problems (after I was told by someone else that she was fine ... Story for another day) so in short she needs to go through some serious amount of chiropractic work, and I've just moved job, so can't afford what I'm paying now.

So can anyone suggest a good yard near the maynooth/celbridge area? All I need is DIY - a sable and a bit of turn out, she can not be ridden until she's fixed.

Can anyone help me at all, give me a suggestion of a cheap yard that will allow me to have a bit more money to put into her treatment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

So sorry to hear about your Mare...

Just did a quick search on DD & there may be a few places that would suit you!

http://www.donedeal.ie/find/all/for-sale/Kildare/livery?source=all

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭nearzero

Old Meadow Stud does DIY & grass livery as far as I know & they are fairly flexible.

http://www.donedeal.ie/equineservices-for-sale/livery-yard/5292881

Sorry to hear about your mare - be careful with just chiropractic work though, it can sometimes only focus on one area or the position of bones whereas Physio or Osteopathy can look at the overall bio-mechanics of the horse & make sure that her problem area hasnt caused follow on problems in other areas. Just something to think about but best of luck with her - sounds like you are doing everything you can in order to help her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

color_girl wrote: »
    Old Meadow Stud does DIY & grass livery as far as I know & they are fairly flexible.

http://www.donedeal.ie/equineservices-for-sale/livery-yard/5292881

Sorry to hear about your mare - be careful with just chiropractic work though, it can sometimes only focus on one area or the position of bones whereas Physio or Osteopathy can look at the overall bio-mechanics of the horse & make sure that her problem area hasnt caused follow on problems in other areas. Just something to think about but best of luck with her - sounds like you are doing everything you can in order to help her :)

The guy who I got for her is a fully qualified vet and is qualified in chiropractic, osteopathic work as well as herbal medicines, acupuncture and other natural medicines. He's done wonders before so I trust hell take good care of her!

Thanks for the recommendation by the way, I have her sorted in my current yard, got a good deal offered to me!

Advertisement