Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Fibre in my area Cab install question

Options
  • 16-09-2013 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Hi,

Would it be possible to know when the Cabinet at DDK1_024 (Hazelwood Avenue,Bay Estate,Dundalk) is going to be installed as half the estate has fibre and the old DSL cabinet was due to be upgraded before the end of this month as per your Fibre Availabiity Map on your website.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,

Would it be possible to know when the Cabinet at DDK1_024 (Hazelwood Avenue,Bay Estate,Dundalk) is going to be installed as half the estate has fibre and the old DSL cabinet was due to be upgraded before the end of this month as per your Fibre Availabiity Map on your website.

Thanks
    Hi 5.11 Tactical

We would not have such information to this detail I'm afraid.

I can only see and inform you if your line qualifies for efibre or not.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭5.11 Tactical

Thanks for the response Alan would it be possible for this to go to a team involved with this please.

As Dundalk is supposed to being going live completely this month and only half the cabinets have been installed.

Thanks for the response Alan would it be possible for this to go to a team involved with this please.

As Dundalk is supposed to being going live completely this month and only half the cabinets have been installed.

Unfortunately not 5.11 Tactical

We do not offer such information from here. The map displays all of Dundalk but located below the map there is a statement which reads:

"The map is for illustrative purpose only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service. Specific address must be checked to ensure eFibre can be supplied"

We are unable to offer such infrastructural or operational details to the level of which you are requesting. The best indication of availability we can offer is the status of your line on whether It can hold efibre or not.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 7 substanceg

We do not offer such information from here. The map displays all of Dundalk but located below the map there is a statement which reads:

"The map is for illustrative purpose only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service. Specific address must be checked to ensure eFibre can be supplied"

We are unable to offer such infrastructural or operational details to the level of which you are requesting. The best indication of availability we can offer is the status of your line on whether It can hold efibre or not.

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan,

any idea when the RacecourseRoad area will go live?

It says 2014 on the map but I spoke with your customer service today and they said the exchange is up and running?

We can't even get DSL out here so we're badly stuck.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

substanceg wrote: »

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan,

any idea when the RacecourseRoad area will go live?

It says 2014 on the map but I spoke with your customer service today and they said the exchange is up and running?

We can't even get DSL out here so we're badly stuck.

Cheers
    Unfortunately, the exchange is up and running means nothing from your POV. In order for you to receive service, all of the following needs to be in place.
    - Exchange enabled
    - Cabinet provisioned
    - Copper from cabinet to your home
    - Your home needs to be within whatever the distance limit is (~2km, I believe)

The cabinet provisioning seems to be farmed out to a contractor, so it is difficult to get any timeframes for individual cabinets. Even when the cabinet is provisioned, if a line-prequal fails, the best CS can say is that they can't determine the line state right now, and will give you whatever the 'next phase' date is... for me, Dec 2013. I know I won't get connected in Dec 2013, but I will call CS anyhow. Similarly, I know I won't get connected in the next phase either, but what can I do?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi 5.11 Tactical

The team involved in rolling this out to your area have advised that this is some months away yet. We will have more information closer to the time and we will be able to let you know then. If you post us here at later date and remind us, we can chase this for you again.
    Sorry I could not provide more exact info at this time.
    Tony

Hi 5.11 Tactical

The team involved in rolling this out to your area have advised that this is some months away yet. We will have more information closer to the time and we will be able to let you know then. If you post us here at later date and remind us, we can chase this for you again.
    Sorry I could not provide more exact info at this time.
    Tony
    Thanks Tony

Hi Guys,

Just dragging this old thread up, recently K&N landed the new cabinet for my area DDK1_024A and it has been powered up etc.

Butas yet no yellow sticker to say it has been provisioned,any idea when we will be going live in my area.

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Just dragging this old thread up, recently K&N landed the new cabinet for my area DDK1_024A and it has been powered up etc.

Butas yet no yellow sticker to say it has been provisioned,any idea when we will be going live in my area.

Thanks
    Hi 5.11 Tactical

Can you PM me your landline number or exact address & I'll look into this for you?

Many thanks

Al

Advertisement