Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group of lads thinking of heading to Naas maybe

Options
  • 16-09-2013 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,573 ✭✭✭

Hi, there will be about 16 of us heading from Ballinasloe to Leopardstown for racing on the Saturday of the Bank Holiday weekend,we have been offered rooms in the Naas Court hotel B&B for €50 pp with free entry to the night club. The reviews on Tripadvisor are poor, is it that bad? What's Naas like on a Saturday night or would we better off elsewhere? We are a Racing club ages range from 19 to 60 so don't want to walk into a rough.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

You couldn't be more in the middle of it all, perfect spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Do you mean Punchestown? If so Naas is ideal, and with a wide age group The Court trumps Time for the nightclub element.

If you actually do mean Leopardstown though you're a good way off track...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,573 ✭✭✭patmac

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Do you mean Punchestown? If so Naas is ideal, and with a wide age group The Court trumps Time for the nightclub element.

If you actually do mean Leopardstown though you're a good way off track...

It's Leopardstown bus is hired, straight down the M50 about 45 minutes maybe?

If you're going to Leopardstown though, I just don't see why you would come all the way back out to Naas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

Naas Cours is a piss poor place to stay. Rooms are grubby and very very noisy. It'd take a bomb to wake me, but didn't sleep till 4am the night I stayed there. It's also the only hotel I've ever stayed in that asked us to pay when we booked in ... maybe to avoid sleep deprived guests arguing about not paying the following morning?

Naas a great place for a night out tho ... Kavanaghas pub not to be missed.

• Advertisement

2ndcoming wrote: »
    If you're going to Leopardstown though, I just don't see why you would come all the way back out to Naas?

Naas is on the way home, would you recommend any other spot, nearer maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

If you plan heading out on the tear then it's perfect, if you're looking for a nice room and an early night then forget it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

If you stayed in Maynooth or Leixlip it would be more on the M4/M6 route home. Not sure why you say Naas is on the way home.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Friend of mine booked a room in that hotel about 2 weeks ago. Wasn't let into the nightclub because they said it was full.

I'd stay in kilashee house hotel, much nicer, and get a few taxi's into town.

Or a bit closer to the N4, stay in the glenroyal and try out mantra/ brady's. I haven't been to either, but have stayed in the glen.

Naas is a better night out with much more variety IMO, I'm guessing if it's a group of lads then the quality of the accommodation will take a firm 2nd place to the quality of a night out. Kilashee would be a lot more expensive too on top of taxis?! And then the temptation of all the spa treatments... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

rooms in Lawlors are 75 eur per night...all rooms in the main building have 2 king size beds so you could bunk up

The rooms in courtyard are smaller and just have one bed afaik

Naas is a great spot
    Court is a decent enough night club

Plenty bars to drop into. For your age spread you could try Haydens, Kavanaghs or McCormacks

Stay in Dublin OP or Maynooth or Leixlip if you really want to be somewhere along the way home. There's literally hundreds of hotels in Dublin and they will do you a deal for a group booking if you call around. Not to mention that there's thousands of bars and niteclubs as well.

Naas isn't even on your way home in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Naas has gone fairly boring on a night out and if your not in the court by 11 they charge you €15 in and Time is just awful, they say Saturdays are over 21's but they let all the usual 16+ lads and girls in with any sort if decent ID. I'd try and avoid Naas and stay in Dublin if you want a decent night out. There are some decent pubs in Naas though if you do decide to stay there.

Well the Court is number 8 out of 8 hotels on Tripadvisor (one of the reviews is well worth a read) in Naas and the 16 of us would have filled the hotel, also we were told we would not be getting any sleep before 3am and although this was unlikely to happen anyway it would have been nice to have the option.
    We ended up getting a great deal in Bewley's Leopardstown, B&B, dinner, transfers and tickets to the Racecourse for €69.50 pp, so we went for that option. Thanks for all the replies!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

personally I am not a fan of the court. Nice venue but the service and the attitude leaves a lot to be desired. They regularly claim its full just to get a queue of people outside and to charge more in. They regularly will claim upstairs is full which is a total pain in the @ss if some of your group are upstairs and the rest are stuck downstairs. I was stuck downstairs one night because some power tripping bouncer wouldnt let me upstairs because it was 'full' even though all I wanted was to go and get my coat from the clock room! its usually jammers in there and the music is allright.

I;d ring the osprey and see could you get a deal there? the only draw back of time is it doesnt attract a pretty young crowd a lot younger than the court but if you had admission for the blue room its nicer up there. kavanaghs and graces pub are good for a night out and open late too

I think the deal is sealed already

Advertisement