Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upc thompson and linksys ea4500?

Options
  • 16-09-2013 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

hey guys,
    i am having a bit of trouble and thought someone here could help if possible,
    i recently decided to upgrade my router, i am currently with upc and have there thompson modem/router, my new router is linksys ea4500 smart wifi, i used the cd that came with it and setup was fairly simple, i had to connect the linksys to the thompson and go through the setup which only took a couple of minutes! i am now connected to my linksys with no problem, but when i look at available networks my upc connection is still there!i now have 2 networks, but the worst thing is when i speed test the linksys network my speed is really bad i only get 5-9meg, if i sign in to my upc thompson i get 80+meg, why bis the speed so bad on the lynksys? do i have to disable the thompson,? how do i give preference to the linksys? it seems like they are kind of splitting the connction but thompson is getting preference,
    does anyone have any ideas how i can solve this problem?
    any help would be appreciated!
    thanks in advance!

Advertisement