Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damo and Ivor

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

It wasn't that great but had some good one liners in it. Hopefully it will get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The granny is a hoot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Watched the latest episode and thought it was ok. I did find it a bit weird to see Alan Forde speaking in a fake posh accent though, it's just not him. I'm more used to hearing him like this :

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

How did Quirke get a second series of this ****. ****in Cringe worthy

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

SIX PACK wrote: »

To make you happy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I laughed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lukehandypants

He has just ripped off the ideas of a Rik mayall.
    It's like all the ****ty ideas that never made it into bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭boccy23

Ah listen, it's not high brow.

It is what it is. A damn good belly laugh on a Monday night.

Don't try and expect some deep meaningful story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lukehandypants

boccy23 wrote: »
    Ah listen, it's not high brow.

It is what it is. A damn good belly laugh on a Monday night.

Don't try and expect some deep meaningful story.

It sure is what it is. This is the show that killed Rik Mayall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Dubious in places but got a good laugh last night when the pilates ball burst in the yoga class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Apparently people watch it. Even people who think it's rubbish. So it gets ratings and a second season.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I always a get a laugh out of it - there aren't many shows I can say that about these days.

So many Fair City cast old and present, in it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

You never know where they would pop up- I saw Keith the mechanic in S6 of Sons of Anarchy last year, I nearly fell off the couch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

There still is some good laughs in this grano is the run away star in this for me. I can't stand the grandfather one bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

iano.p wrote: »
    There still is some good laughs in this grano is the run away star in this for me. I can't stand the grandfather one bit.

As I said earlier, Alan Ford just doesn't sound right.

Granno is by far the star of the show, some seriously good laughs from her last night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

HA- ya my boobs are like money clips. She provides the only laughs from the show

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

lovin it....
    yer man lock jaw has me in tears

There's another one of them :p that was funny

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

It's back (Tonight at ten, in ten mins that is.)

I say this as a deep, deep, hater of rte comedy.

This...isn't the worse thing I've seen.

There.

I said it.

• Advertisement

ArtSmart wrote: »
    It's back (Tonight at ten, in ten mins that is.)

I say this as a deep, deep, hater of rte comedy.

This...isn't the worse thing I've seen.

There.

I said it.

just turned it on.... it's an oldie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

It saddens me that this is one of the last things Rik Mayall did.

RayM wrote: »
    It saddens me that this is one of the last things Rik Mayall did.

You must be one of those who wouldn't wipe your Bottom with it :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I remember watching the first episode and I hated it but it did grow on me as the first series went to the point I liked it.

I didn't see the second series.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Hadn't seen the first season. Second seems to be better. Still, will check this out next wk etc

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Seemingly there's a film planned for Damo and Ivor.

I know nothing of the plot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭qweerty

CatFromHue wrote: »

I doubt Quirke does either.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

CatFromHue wrote: »

I see this film has gone into production with a plot based around Damo & Ivor travelling across Ireland on a quest to find their long lost brother:

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2017/0720/891768-damo-ivor-movie-on-the-way/

The plot sounds like an attempt to copy the recent success of The Young Offenders and make it into a sort of road movie. But is Damo & Ivor popular enough to merit funding a full length feature film?

The show hasn't been on TV since 2014, and the film won't be out until next year, whatever momentum was there from the series will be long gone by then.

I don't really see the point of this, but maybe they'll manage to make the step up to the big screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭conorhal

I see this film has gone into production with a plot based around Damo & Ivor travelling across Ireland on a quest to find their long lost brother:

The plot sounds like an attempt to copy the recent success of The Young Offenders and make it into a sort of road movie. But is Damo & Ivor popular enough to merit funding a full length feature film?

The show hasn't been on TV since 2014, and the film won't be out until next year, whatever momentum was there from the series will be long gone by then.

I don't really see the point of this, but maybe they'll manage to make the step up to the big screen.

Let me guess, they're going to stretch the threadbare 'cluture clash with lazy stereotypes' premise by discovering a culchie brother.
    TBH these characters have long ago run out of steam so I'm baffled that anybody imagines there's an audience left for this.

• Advertisement

The film looks to be out next month

Advertisement