Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damo and Ivor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 stapes

probably in wrong section but a long shot anybody know what brand tracksuit top spuddy wears on damo & Ivor or and where can it be got its for a Halloween costume

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

Armelodie wrote: »
    I think the series is actually well put together..music/camera work/pacing/location/short dialogue... I expected the whole plot to reveal itself in the first ten minutes but it is spaced out welll enough to 'develop' the characters a bit.

actually prefer it to love/hate...thats the same sh1te every week...

really??? i didnt even get 1 chuckle out of it.....if that's what Irish comedy is capable of these days, then somebody should phone the bbc and let them know they are in trouble in a few years time when they need new irish comedians

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Moi god is that a 3310?!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Paddypowered

noodler wrote: »
    The two have met earlier than I thought they would.

I love Sarah Jane - annoying accent and all. Who is she?

Hannah Crowley I think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭DK man

Bleedin Brillo

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭Horrid Henry

Aside from the odd moment, it's pretty weak stuff.

Anyone notice Wesley Quirke in the queue of Damo's mates waiting to get into the house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

really??? i didnt even get 1 chuckle out of it.....if that's what Irish comedy is capable of these days, then somebody should phone the bbc and let them know they are in trouble in a few years time when they need new irish comedians

The BBC :pac:

They seem happy enough with that Mrs Brown ****e. I thought Damo and Ivor was alright, nothing special but not bad. I certainly wouldn't be holding up the BBC as a standard in this day and age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Gin77

Its brilliant!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Where do you start when trying to critique Damo and Ivor? It really is an awful one trick pony that should never have migrated from you tube to our tellys at all. It's supposed to be slapstick 'comedy', it fails miserably in that it's poorly written, poorly acted and most significantly is simply unfunny.

There are I'm sure many terrifically talented comedy writers in Ireland seething at the utter laziness of Rte giving airtime to this woeful excuse for comedy. I'd be fascinated to see what the viewership figures are now it's been on a few weeks. My prediction is it won't see a second series. If you want to see good comedy writing, watch Morecambe and Wise, The Two Ronnies and more recently A Touch of Cloth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

I can't even describe how bad this show is. It's not even funny at all.. It might work ok for a 2 minute YouTube clip but no way should it have it's own slot. Utter tripe.. Terrible terrible stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I suffered through RTE line up of Monday night "comedy" last night and it was absolute woeful stuff. Mario Rosenstock, Damo and Ivor and Naked Camera was so of the most unfunny stuff I have ever seen. Is this the best people can come up with? The worst British comedy is streets ahead of this.

Republic of Telly, the savage eye and anonymous atleast were some bit funny but this I cant even put into words.

I couldn't crack a smile even.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

stapes wrote: »
    probably in wrong section but a long shot anybody know what brand tracksuit top spuddy wears on damo & Ivor or and where can it be got its for a Halloween costume

Ask them on their twitter account :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Loved the setting fire to the football and kicking it in to the bonfire to start it off. If I was a young lad replicating this would be my priority this Halloween.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

ScumLord wrote: »
    The Jeremy Kyle like TV show show scene was brutal, it looked nothing like an actual TV show.
    Ah come on. It's a cheap production. Father Ted had a million of those "here are the lads sitting on a couch, let's pretend they're in a green room". To a certain extent it's part of the charm. I thought Mario was great in that sketch, really got the lecherousness of Jeremy Kyle down to a tee.

I heard the first one was awful, watched the second one cos a friend was in it and thought it was pretty funny, had enough good moments to make it enjoyable. "He's bleeding chinese!" actually cracked me up, though it would have been funnier if the child was actually chinese.

Ivor is definitely the weaker of the two characters, the extent of how much comedy you can knock out of a D4 caricature is somewhat limited. Funny, given that Andrew Quirke who plays the characters is a proper D4 head himself, father's a millionaire, brother's a model engaged to Rosanna Davison.

Anyone know who plays Ivor's mate Tarquin? Totally recognise him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Haven't got a clue about this series, but based on what I am seeing in front of me here, I am thinking I should probably just avoid it. It sounds like something that could be horrendously bad, and at best passable watching on a Monday evening. I might give it an oul look on You Tube. Is that where it appeared first, before RTÉ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

Haven't got a clue about this series, but based on what I am seeing in front of me here, I am thinking I should probably just avoid it. It sounds like something that could be horrendously bad, and at best passable watching on a Monday evening. I might give it an oul look on You Tube. Is that where it appeared first, before RTÉ?

It's perfectly serviceable comedy. Not as good as morcambe and wise though, apparently, so if that's your cup of tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Anyone ever do the Cinnamon Challenge? Some genuine suffering in there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

seamus wrote: »
    Ah come on. It's a cheap production. Father Ted had a million of those "here are the lads sitting on a couch, let's pretend they're in a green room". To a certain extent it's part of the charm. I thought Mario was great in that sketch, really got the lecherousness of Jeremy Kyle down to a tee.
    It just wasn't right. They were trying to impersonate a cheap talk show which is from a series of very formulaic talk shows. It just looked wrong in that dark boudoir look they had going. With father ted it was cheap but they had the right look all the time, it was just enough for you to know where they were and what was expected.

I can understand the funding problems but it just looked wrong, if it was bright with white walls in the background it would have looked much more like it was supposed to. The way they did it breaks the illusion.

For the most part the show is done well, so when they have slips like that they stand out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

It just wasn't right. They were trying to impersonate a cheap talk show which is from a series of very formulaic talk shows. It just looked wrong in that dark boudoir look they had going. With father ted it was cheap but they had the right look all the time, it was just enough for you to know where they were and what was expected.

I can understand the funding problems but it just looked wrong, if it was bright with white walls in the background it would have looked much more like it was supposed to. The way they did it breaks the illusion.

For the most part the show is done well, so when they have slips like that they stand out.

Yeah I agree. Didn't look like a TV stage at all. Odd given RTE has TV stages.

Yeah I agree. Didn't look like a TV stage at all. Odd given RTE has TV stages.
    It looked more like the back room in a brothel.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Dempsey wrote: »
    Anyone ever do the Cinnamon Challenge? Some genuine suffering in there!

Yes...from anybody who watched it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

seamus wrote: »
    Anyone know who plays Ivor's mate Tarquin? Totally recognise him.

He's a stand-up comedian. Tom O'Mahony.

chopper6 wrote: »
    Yes...from anybody who watched it.

If you dont like the show, why did you bother watching that clip? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Actually brought it up today at a table during conversation. I like it, although I thought I'd hate it....

It really splits opinion. 3 people liked it while 2 detested it. No middle ground, much like this thread really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭nc6000

I didn't watch the programme but was that Cinnamon Challenge clip actually part of the episode shown on TV or just something available online?

nc6000 wrote: »
    I didn't watch the programme but was that Cinnamon Challenge clip actually part of the episode shown on TV or just something available online?

I spotted it online last year. I dunno if it was used in the Republic of Telly or just a webisode

It really splits opinion. 3 people liked it while 2 detested it. No middle ground, much like this thread really.
    There is no middle ground in Ireland, you pick a side and stick to it no matter what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

There is no middle ground in Ireland, you pick a side and stick to it no matter what.

A Blue Shirt would say that though. Just like your grandfather and his father before him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,081 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I'm really enjoying the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

I'm really enjoying the show.

Totes!

Advertisement