Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rural Broadband

• 16-09-2013 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi all,

Just moving into my new house not far outside Cork City but 5km from nearest exchange. Stayed with my original provider Vodafone but no dsl as yet. Too fast. They are dropping it to 5mb but been told I'll be lucky to get 1 to 2. Anyone suggest quicker broadband? I'm used to getting 8/9 so this will be a shock. Even streaming videos or real player will be poor on this

Any suggestions?

Mobile networks are ok in the area. Meteor and Vodafone. The rest non existent

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭siblers

You could try http://www.novabroadband.ie/w/ if its availble in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 thelonglad

DSL broadband is going to struggle at that kind of distance, whoever the provider.
    Might be worth your while checking what kind of speed is available to you on satellite broadband.

Advertisement