Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Impressions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Lucena wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry too much, on previous GTAs the early missions were fairly easy, pick-up-Maria-and-drop-her-off-at-the-club type thingies just to ease you into the game.

Well there was 105 missions in san Andreas, but these are probably bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

one word: the water!!
    omg!
    the water surf graphics are amazing, very life like.

i found out there are way more planes to fly! lol1

If you step onto the tarmac at the airport its immediatly 3 stars. I quickly robbed a learjet and flew around the city. Then flew towards the northwest an spotted a smaller airport so i decided i would try and land there.
    As i was coming into land i hear a voice - "your entering restricted airspace"
    The military base!!

As i was coming into land i was shot down by a fighter jet but managed to escape before the plane exploded. Made a run for the hangers but was gunned down within site of what looked like an f-18 or possibly a f-22, i couldnt quite make it out! was killed only about 20 steps to the hanger!

Also watch out for mountain lions or maybe they are cougars! i got mauled to death by one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Find the songs on the radio very disappointing. No hard rock/metal station. And a lot of the songs are very forgettable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

Simply astounding

Got a blowjob off a prostitute in my car, went all the way up the steep mountain to the cable car on a scrambler, jumped off and parachuted all the way down (took about 5mins to get down), got some guns and went to the airport, had an epic shoot out, got away after a long time, went home to my aunts house, got stoned and watched some cartoons.

This game is very enjoyable and feels very unpredictable, loving it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Pretendy

Got a blowjob off a prostitute in my car, went all the way up the steep mountain to the cable car on a scrambler, jumped off and parachuted all the way down (took about 5mins to get down), got some guns and went to the airport, had an epic shoot out, got away after a long time, went home to my aunts house, got stoned and watched some cartoons.

You are talking about the game, right? LOL

Played a few hours, and the disc was incredibly noisy (Supa Slim "12gb" PS3).

The game itself, pretty epic. Driving would be my only slight complaint. Many more plus points than negatives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I really like the police evasion system in this. Trying to stay o turn ahead of them, ducking down alleys and booting it to avoid the line of sight of the cop cars is great. Adds a bit of tension to the evasion mechanics. They also seem tough as nails. I've lost a three star wanted level so far, haven't gotten away from 4 yet. Love it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bartosz_ELB

I'm new to consoles (bought ps3 for this game) and very disappointed with the lack of anti alias. Makes it hard to see what's ahead of me off it isn't close enough. Defeats the purpose of beautiful views (although I haven't climbed a mountain yet).

Is there anything I can do to fix that our is it just down to the old console's power which is used on other parts of the graphics?
    I'm on 40 inch Samsung and... not sure about the resolution (not at home atm) but I think it's the way it should be.

The Last of Us doesn't have that problem.

Is it just a matter of accepting the sad truth and getting used to it until ps4 is out?

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Feels like Rockstar have really looked at the shortcomings of previous GTAs and refined every element of GTA V to perfection.

Started playing it at 7pm yesterday...boom next thing I know its 12.30am and I really wanted to keep going.

Great swansong for this generation of consoles. It has an instant classic feel to it.

Kudos to Rockstar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

First impressions are overall good.
    The look of the game is savage considering how old the technology is now.

I'm still at mixed views on the driving. While I remember the changes in IV driving me insane, like everyone else I got used to them and they felt more real. This is very simplified now but I'm sure I'll just get used to that again too and it won't bother me. Will have to see how it changes after modding cars.
    AI on the roads annoys me a bit. Ran a few tests of being stopped in traffic at lights when the cars behind me just smash into me. Or I'm right beside them and they just turn into me for no apparent reason. Also the public don't seem to want to move much. They enjoy dying it would seem.

Shooting is very solid. Enjoyed that a lot (except when trying to drive and shoot at the same time, but that's mostly cause I suck at it)

Had a spot of boating / jet skiing before bed last night and that felt great. The water mechanics were excellent. Proper effects when hitting waves etc..

The "Wanted" system is different. On the first chase, I hope others don't miss what I did on the tips. I missed the "hide in alleyways" to avoid being seen. Fook me that first run annoyed me. Spent an hour driving around, managing to avoid the cops, only to be caught 20 seconds later and the chase beginning all over again. I almost lost it. Now I actually like the idea of having to hide while watching a heli light searching right beside you, knowing if the light touches you it's time to floor it.

All in all, it's enjoyable so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,045 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Feels like Rockstar have really looked at the shortcomings of previous GTAs and refined every element of GTA V to perfection.

Started playing it at 7pm yesterday...boom next thing I know its 12.30am and I really wanted to keep going.

Great swansong for this generation of consoles. It has an instant classic feel to it.

Kudos to Rockstar.

Couldnt agree more.

It feels like the just added the time into getting it right.

Yes the cars feel arcadey in some places but thats fine it makes the game more enjoyable. And no all the cars do not feel the same at all. Ive gone through a range of them and each has their own unique attributes and it isnt just speed as simplified by some posters here.

My favourite car so far has to be the little mini cooper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

Is there a cheat to unlock all weapons?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭JP85

Is there a cheat to unlock all weapons?

Here are all the cheats.......

PS3 GTA 5 CHEAT CODES

Effect Code
    Raise Wanted Level R1, R1, CIRCLE, R2, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT
    Lower Wanted Level R1, R1, CIRCLE, R2, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT
    Fast Run TRIANGLE, LEFT, RIGHT, RIGHT, L2, L1, SQUARE
    Give Parachute LEFT, RIGHT, L1, L2, R1, R2, R2, LEFT, LEFT, RIGHT, L1
    Explosive Melee Attacks RIGHT, LEFT, X, TRIANGLE, R1, CIRCLE, CIRCLE, CIRCLE, L2
    Bang ...Bang (Explosive Bullets) RIGHT, SQUARE, X, LEFT, R1, R2, LEFT, RIGHT, RIGHT, L1, L1, L1
    Flaming Bullets L1, R1, SQUARE, R1, LEFT, R2, R1, LEFT, SQUARE, RIGHT, L1, L1
    Slow Motion Aim SQUARE, L2, R1, TRIANGLE, LEFT, SQUARE, L2, RIGHT, X
    Drunk Mode TRIANGLE, RIGHT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, SQUARE, CIRCLE, LEFT
    Change Weather R2, X, L1, L1, L2, L2, L2, SQUARE
    Slidey Cars TRIANGLE, R1, R1, LEFT, R1, L1, R2, L1
    Slow Motion TRIANGLE, LEFT, RIGHT, RIGHT, SQUARE, R2, R1
    Spawn Buzzard Attack Helicopter CIRCLE,CIRCLE, L1, CIRCLE,CIRCLE, CIRCLE, L1, L2, R1, TRIANGLE, CIRCLE, TRIANGLE
    Spawn Comet R1, CIRCLE, R2, RIGHT, L1, L2, X, X, SQUARE, R1
    Spawn Sanchez CIRCLE, X, L1, CIRCLE, CIRCLE, L1, CIRCLE, R1, R2, L2, L1, L1
    Spawn Trashmaster CIRCLE, R1, CIRCLE, R1, LEFT, LEFT, R1, L1, CIRCLE, RIGHT
    Spawn Limo R2, RIGHT, L2, LEFT, LEFT, R1, L1, CIRCLE, RIGHT
    Spawn Stunt Plane CIRCLE, RIGHT, L1, L2, LEFT, R1, L1, L1, LEFT, LEFT, X, TRIANGLE
    Spawn Caddy CIRCLE, L1, LEFT, R1, L2, X, R1, L1, CIRCLE, X
    Spawn Rapid GT R2, L1, CIRCLE, RIGHT, L1, R1, RIGHT, LEFT, CIRCLE, R2
    Spawn Duster RIGHT, LEFT, R1, R1, R1, LEFT, TRIANGLE, TRIANGLE, X, CIRCLE, L1, L1
    Note: Enter the Weather cheat multiple times to toggle through rain, clouds, clear days and snow.

Note: Unlike GTA 4, you can spawn more than one vehicle at a time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Impressions of the characters: Trevor is the most fun to play with, his interactions with others along with his story is pure funny and the best. Didn't think id be saying that but it's true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Driving is the only real issue I have with the game at the moment.. it's great in bikes, but not so great in cars. Maybe I'll get used to it - but yeah, not a fan!

Loving everything else - especially the "switch to other characters" functionality. Superb!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LpPepper

Anybody else here on X360 getting annoying texture pop ins at night time in-game? Looks silly and is quite distracting!

I don't have disc 2 installed either...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,038 ✭✭✭✭cena

Shooting is hard. Is it a manual aim? Handbrake truns are hard to do compared to gta 4. The writing on the phone and hint tips are so hard to read even with my glasses on. I.m nearly sitting on the tv just to read

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

LpPepper wrote: »
    Anybody else here on X360 getting annoying texture pop ins at night time in-game? Looks silly and is quite distracting!

Just the age of the machine showing I would say....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

LpPepper wrote: »

Reports of this problem being reduced if you install onto a fast USB drive. There are many moments when the 360 cannot load in the textures quick enough, so they often look blurrier than they are, purely because it cannot stream in fast enough.

Just whack in an SSD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Anybody been on the in game Internet yet? The Warstock site has a Rhino Tank for sale at 3m :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,045 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Reports of this problem being reduced if you install onto a fast USB drive. There are many moments when the 360 cannot load in the textures quick enough, so they often look blurrier than they are, purely because it cannot stream in fast enough.

Just whack in an SSD!

I have a brand new 32Gb Sandisk SDHC card and have had none of the issues indicated there at all. Running perfect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

DarkJager wrote: »
    Anybody been on the in game Internet yet? The Warstock site has a Rhino Tank for sale at 3m :D

Go and hit the stock markets so!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I have a formatted Xbox drive that I took off a broken 360, being used as a portable disk. Do you reckon installing disc 2 to that would work ok, without any of the issues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

antodeco wrote: »
    I have a formatted Xbox drive that I took off a broken 360, being used as a portable disk. Do you reckon installing disc 2 to that would work ok, without any of the issues?

From what I understand, the speed of the drive is the main issue. The 360 cannot read the data quick enough, so putting in another drive of the same speed isnt going to help.

Fast USB, or a faster drive. Im not sure if a 7200rpm drive will be fast enough, I would expect so. Id go for an SSD!

Realistically though, if you intend to buy the next gen, or have a good PC, then there isnt much point in spending too much money as this is the last hurrah for the current gen.

EDIT : I just realised you meant installing onto a second drive, not replacing your original. Im not sure if Im honest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭carol clery

My impressions after a good solid 10hrs of play -

It is beautiful. Scenery and buildings and vehicles alike. Very well animated.

For me its missing something. I dont know what i expected to be honest but it wasnt this. Im sure it will grow on me over time but im not feeling the same way i did when IV came out.

IV was leaps and bounds ahead of SA(recently bought SA for old times sake but havent played past the first few missions because its soo bad compared to IV)

the vehicle control from SA looks to have been used for V. Barely touch the stick and you shoot into the other lane. The faster the car the worse it is.

It has been 5 yrs in the making but it looks like they spent all the time on how it looks and ran out of time so just tweaked the driving from SA and said "that'll do."

Its is cartoonish driving requiring very litle skill compared to IV. The whole thing of being able to flip your car over after a crash just dumbs down the game imo. It screams of trying to make it easier for all the little kids to play to make sure they keep coming back.

The driving in IV was very very good imo. Power sliding around the corners, slipping through the traffic without bouncing around like a tennis ball.

I think its clear by now that the driving is my main gripe with V and i suppose if thats the biggest issue it cant be too bad of a game after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Tommay

The driving is fun and for me that's all that matters in a GTA game. If I want super realistic driving I'll play Gran Turismo.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Dfmnoc

Upsetting you cant hook up any machinery to the tractor, Ruined the whole game for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Trevor is hilarious, the voice acting is top notch throughout the game, and the missions are brilliant. There hasn't been one where I thought it was a chore. I like how the dialogue changes during replays, I accidentally skipped an end mission cutscene so missed what happened and replayed it again, all the driving to the mission dialogue was different, nice touch means you're not listening to the same thing over and over if you get killed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

i havent flown a plane or the blimp yet,i havent even discovered half of the map...just so much to do in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Tommay

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    i havent flown a plane or the blimp yet,i havent even discovered half of the map...just so much to do in the game.

Couldn't get the Atomic Blimp code to work, hopefully better luck today.

Advertisement