Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Impressions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

My impressions after a good solid 10hrs of play -

It is beautiful. Scenery and buildings and vehicles alike. Very well animated.

For me its missing something. I dont know what i expected to be honest but it wasnt this. Im sure it will grow on me over time but im not feeling the same way i did when IV came out.

IV was leaps and bounds ahead of SA(recently bought SA for old times sake but havent played past the first few missions because its soo bad compared to IV)

the vehicle control from SA looks to have been used for V. Barely touch the stick and you shoot into the other lane. The faster the car the worse it is.

It has been 5 yrs in the making but it looks like they spent all the time on how it looks and ran out of time so just tweaked the driving from SA and said "that'll do."

Its is cartoonish driving requiring very litle skill compared to IV. The whole thing of being able to flip your car over after a crash just dumbs down the game imo. It screams of trying to make it easier for all the little kids to play to make sure they keep coming back.

The driving in IV was very very good imo. Power sliding around the corners, slipping through the traffic without bouncing around like a tennis ball.

I think its clear by now that the driving is my main gripe with V and i suppose if thats the biggest issue it cant be too bad of a game after all.

Get a suspension mod for your car, the driving feels way more like GTA IV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

The whole thing of being able to flip your car over after a crash just dumbs down the game imo.

You can do that in GTA IV as well, it's handy. Realism can be overrated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

You can do that in GTA IV as well, it's handy. Realism can be overrated.

exactly, can't believe people are whinging about realism in GTA, when has it ever been known for realism?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

krudler wrote: »
    exactly, can't believe people are whinging about realism in GTA, when has it ever been known for realism?

It'd be funnier if we were talking about Saints Row. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭carol clery

You can do that in GTA IV as well, it's handy.......

To a lesser extent and not really when comepletely upside down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I think the driving feels excellent. Arcadey, but that's what I want in gta. Played it for about 3 hours last night, unbelievable game. Great when the police are after you and you're out in the sticks, just rob a 4x4 and head off road.
    ATM I'm spending time just going to new places so the whole map appears in the menu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Its an absolute masterpiece, what i don't understand is gamespot gave IV 10/10 but V only 9/10 :confused:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

The father adrian interview on lazlo (west coast talk radio) is fantastic. The irish accent :D

Just up to the part where
    Jimmy gives Michael the spiked drink from burger shot
    . Absolutely brilliant game so far, definitely my GOTY if not game of the decade :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,038 ✭✭✭✭cena

How much is trade in price. Batman is coming out soon. I just don, t seem myself keeping it after I finish is. It's nit doing much for me so far

• Advertisement

cena wrote: »
    How much is trade in price. Batman is coming out soon. I just don, t seem myself keeping it after I finish is. It's nit doing much for me so far

How far are you in to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

DarkJager wrote: »
    Just up to the part where
    Jimmy gives Michael the spiked drink from burger shot
    . Absolutely brilliant game so far, definitely my GOTY if not game of the decade :D

Taught that Bit was Class myself....that child is a prick :eek:

Wasnt sure would i be sucked into it as i am, But im hooked :P

I much rather the handling to Gta4, The Hiding from the cops is cool to rather then trying ti out run them

The split charecters is amazing

Loving the Knife attacks to :D

Struggle to see how people can whinge from a game so spectacular on a worn out 7 year old console :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,038 ✭✭✭✭cena

How far are you in to it?

The first heist done

The first heist done

Keep going man, it's about to get ****ing fantastic :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Oh Trevor, you are by FAR the most insane, craziest and most f*cked up character ever created for a game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭carol clery

Liam90 wrote: »
    Its an absolute masterpiece, what i don't understand is gamespot gave IV 10/10 but V only 9/10 :confused:

Totally agree with those marks

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Oh Trevor, you are by FAR the most insane, craziest and most f*cked up character ever created for a game.

Him and Michael are great, Franklin is kinda boring tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Him and Michael are great, Franklin is kinda boring tbh

I get great enjoyment from going around as Michael looking all respectable, then wrecking the place, like he's going though a real midlife crisis and isn't taking sh*t anymore.

Haven't got as far as Trevor yet, I can only imagine the carnage that awaits.

shrewdness wrote: »
    I get great enjoyment from going around as Michael looking all respectable, then wrecking the place, like he's going though a real midlife crisis and isn't taking sh*t anymore.

Haven't got as far as Trevor yet, I can only imagine the carnage that awaits.

I use each of them differently, as Franklin I kinda stay within morals unless the story requires I don't, Michael I do the odd random thing like rob a store and Trevor I just mow people down in my truck and execute anyone who looks at me sideways :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

I'm new to consoles (bought ps3 for this game) and very disappointed with the lack of anti alias. Makes it hard to see what's ahead of me off it isn't close enough. Defeats the purpose of beautiful views (although I haven't climbed a mountain yet).

Is there anything I can do to fix that our is it just down to the old console's power which is used on other parts of the graphics?
    I'm on 40 inch Samsung and... not sure about the resolution (not at home atm) but I think it's the way it should be.

The Last of Us doesn't have that problem.

Is it just a matter of accepting the sad truth and getting used to it until ps4 is out?

Cheers.

It's pretty terrible isn't it? I can't understand how people overlook this when they talk about how beautiful it looks. It's worst around midday, and makes it look absolutely ****e. The view in front of you looks like it's out of Daggerfall or Minecraft it's so pixelated.

The screenshots and videos were mostly lies it seems. I might give the game a bash every so often, but don't think I'll do anything substantial in it until it comes out on PC.

• Advertisement

What are you two on about? The game looks absolutely fine to me. I think you've both been playing PC games for too long and can't enjoy a game unless you can see every detail down to fingernails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

It's not that much different then gta4. Enjoying it so far but not a 10 game. I think last of us has set the bar too high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I use each of them differently, as Franklin I kinda stay within morals unless the story requires I don't, Michael I do the odd random thing like rob a store and Trevor I just mow people down in my truck and execute anyone who looks at me sideways :pac:

I stopped a mugging with Franklin and gave the lady her money back :o

It's pretty terrible isn't it? I can't understand how people overlook this when they talk about how beautiful it looks. It's worst around midday, and makes it look absolutely ****e. The view in front of you looks like it's out of Daggerfall or Minecraft it's so pixelated.

The screenshots and videos were mostly lies it seems. I might give the game a bash every so often, but don't think I'll do anything substantial in it until it comes out on PC.

That's laughable tbh, yeah there's jagged lines and popup, who cares. Show me another game with a city environment as detailed and alive as GTA that looks better?

RasTa wrote: »
    It's not that much different then gta4. Enjoying it so far but not a 10 game. I think last of us has set the bar too high.

They're not really comparable though, TLOU was a very linear, story based game, a fantastic one at that. But it didn't have the element of freeroam and no loading like GTAV has. The fact Rockstar are squeezing what you see on screen out of hardware that's been around since before GTA4 came out is a bloody miracle.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Really enjoying it so far.

I walked around as Franklin when I started to get a nice view of the place and soak in the 'world', but I soon got beaten up by three guys smoking dope on their porch when I said Hello to them.

I really, really like the way the story gets told. Going to Micks therapist is a great device to have him tell his side of the story. It also makes him very likeable. Having three different views on the subject stops the characters becoming gods and you get to Luke some more than others.

The ability to switch to players is great too. I switched from Franklin to Mick earlier and he was in his car, looking all depressed. So I went back to Franklin.

Also, love the cop chases. Its like gta meets Metal Gear. Fantastic craic thinking you're in the clear and then bam, new cone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

It's worst around midday, and makes it look absolutely ****e. The view in front of you looks like it's out of Daggerfall or Minecraft it's so pixelated.

Stop playing at midday.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

They're not really comparable though, TLOU was a very linear, story based game, a fantastic one at that. But it didn't have the element of freeroam and no loading like GTAV has. The fact Rockstar are squeezing what you see on screen out of hardware that's been around since before GTA4 came out is a bloody miracle.

True but there isn't much difference between this and 4 to warrant giving both a 10.

I am enjoying it but it will be going doing the COD route if they fail to change something

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

Get a suspension mod for your car, the driving feels way more like GTA IV

which one the most expensive one, thanks for the tip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

The first heist done

how much could you make i ran out of time and got 3 million

Advertisement