Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Impressions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,038 ✭✭✭✭cena

I don't know. Turned it off just before the cut scene

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

how much could you make i ran out of time and got 3 million

I went cheap with the driver and muscle but hired the most expensive hacker. Got 4.6 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

RasTa wrote: »
    True but there isn't much difference between this and 4 to warrant giving both a 10.

I am enjoying it but it will be going doing the COD route if they fail to change something

This game is nothing like GTAIV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,188 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

For the first heist I went the sneaky route, hired expensive hacker and driver, and the least skilled gunman. The gunman crashed, but Franklin picked up his loot, 4 million in profit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

IvySlayer wrote: »
    For the first heist I went the sneaky route, hired expensive hacker and driver, and the least skilled gunman. The gunman crashed, but Franklin picked up his loot, 4 million in profit

Exact same approach and exact same loot. Got every single piece of jewellery!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,475 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I played all the previous games on pc and it's probably the hardware but the graphics aren't as good as gta 4 on the pc.

Story seems good and feels well produced but the engine and looks aren't a huge change from gta 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

This game is absolute class.Graphics are amazing, great gameplay and totally addictive. Took a drive up to Vinewood sign today and looked at scenery, amazing. Love the fact you can hide from the cops.

A triumph.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Playing it the last 2 hours. Stole a Lear jet then parachuted out. Died after hitting a building. I also broke into that military base. Good way of getting decent guns for cheap. Took out a load of Guards and collected an array of assault rifles. Eventually killed but only lost $250 from being wasted. Was worth it for the cheaper guns!

I went on the rollercoaster. Couldve been longer being honest. I've managed to destroy 3 vehicles. Explosions were brilliant. Some epic jumps in places! Had a 15 minute battle with police. I was hidden on a rooftop. Shooting at the helicopter with the assault rifles was great fun. Tried robbing a security van but need explosives.

Getting really into the killing of random people. They kept that good from GTA IV. Only issue I have is that the police are a little too powerful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

This game is nothing like GTAIV.

What's so different? Although I am enjoying it

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

IvySlayer wrote: »

thats exactly what i did and got 3 million

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

krudler wrote: »
    That's laughable tbh, yeah there's jagged lines and popup, who cares. Show me another game with a city environment as detailed and alive as GTA that looks better?

I don't see how it's laughable. It's clear to see.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭carol clery

Well franklin cant fly a chopper for shít.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Myself and the flat mates have all the TVs set up in one room and have been hammering at it since the midnight release. About 50% done.

Absolutely love this game, the writing is witty and the missions are great fun. The heists are such a great addition to the game as is switching between characters at any given moment. Love the music too.

Can't wait to get my hands on the multiplayer!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

I laughed hard while doing the sniping mission with Trevor. Taking aim while my buddy was telling me where he was and I could see him through the scope and told him it looks like someone is having a seizure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

Game is savage, whats the deal with online ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I don't see how it's laughable. It's clear to see.

This game is beautiful, open your eyes, again I say, show me a gamw with a city as detailed that looks better?

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

What's so different?

Off the top of my head....driving, shooting, lighting, graphics, render distance, better story, better missions, smoother cover system, random events, question mark missions, having a big city + beautiful countryside, custom gun attachments, purchasable businesses, missions connected with purchased businesses, random wildlife, other people doing stuff like being chased by police happens more, 3 protagonists, stock market, customisable cars, better police AI, evading police by breaking line of sight, can rob stores, buy cars/planes/helicopters/boats online, can explore underwater, better water physics/graphics, push bikes, submarines, planes are back, more helicopters, more lively city, realistic amount of police on patrol, some people call the police if harassed rather than just running away, more armour/wepons, missions have background music, general atmosphere of the setting/story/game, improvable character features, more clothes, brang back elements of character customisation, die easier.

Probably other stuff too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Game is savage, whats the deal with online ??

according to Rockstar, online will be available October 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Dfmnoc

johndoe99 wrote: »
    according to Rockstar, online will be available October 1st.

With the way there web site and apps weren't able to cope with the last 3 days of traffic I've a bad feeling the first week of trying online gaming wont be too enjoyable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,045 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Dfmnoc wrote: »
    With the way there web site and apps weren't able to cope with the last 3 days of traffic I've a bad feeling the first week of trying online gaming wont be too enjoyable

I doubt it, This 2 week 'delay' in the online part of the game is to determine system loads.

Its to let all the initial purchases of the games be counted up, and they will get stats back from Microsoft and Sony on expected load for the servers.

They know what they are doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Dfmnoc wrote: »

the last three days probably gave them a kick up the ass. On there website, there working on solutions for several in game glitches that have been reported, they'll no doubt have the first update patch released soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Dfmnoc

listermint wrote: »
    I doubt it, This 2 week 'delay' in the online part of the game is to determine system loads.

Its to let all the initial purchases of the games be counted up, and they will get stats back from Microsoft and Sony on expected load for the servers.

They know what they are doing.

Really hope so nothing worse than trying for hours to log in to game and then been laggy as **** and then disconnecting to have to start the whole log in process again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

It's pretty terrible isn't it? I can't understand how people overlook this when they talk about how beautiful it looks. It's worst around midday, and makes it look absolutely ****e. The view in front of you looks like it's out of Daggerfall or Minecraft it's so pixelated.

The screenshots and videos were mostly lies it seems. I might give the game a bash every so often, but don't think I'll do anything substantial in it until it comes out on PC.

I think people like you must have fallen and banged your head...

We are talking about hardware what was released in 2005... that is 8 YEARS ago. Just to put that into context, GTA5 is running on a console (Xbox 360) that only has 512MB or RAM and that RAM is only clocked at 700Mhz. The GFX chip is over 5 generations old and the CPU is an old Xenon PowerPC Tri Core.

What they have managed to get out of hardware that old is simply amazing.

Sure, if it was on the PS4 or Xbox One or PC with CURRENT hardware it would look and run alot better but we are judging it on the current PS3 and Xbox 360.

You make me laugh.

Off the top of my head....driving, shooting, lighting, graphics, render distance, better story, better missions, smoother cover system, random events, question mark missions, having a big city + beautiful countryside, custom gun attachments, purchasable businesses, missions connected with purchased businesses, random wildlife, other people doing stuff like being chased by police happens more, 3 protagonists, stock market, customisable cars, better police AI, evading police by breaking line of sight, can rob stores, buy cars/planes/helicopters/boats online, can explore underwater, better water physics/graphics, push bikes, submarines, planes are back, more helicopters, more lively city, realistic amount of police on patrol, some people call the police if harassed rather than just running away, more armour/wepons, missions have background music, general atmosphere of the setting/story/game, improvable character features, more clothes, brang back elements of character customisation, die easier.

Probably other stuff too.

Like I said, not much different, just upgraded on GTA4 stuff. Gta 4.5

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

:rolleyes:

They see him trollin' they hatin'....

• Registered Users Posts: 24 GTX 780

LOL! ...Had a great laugh at this comment out loud just there.

When someone cites more clothes, wildlife and all the other stuff in GTA 4 as being different then I laugh too.

The main difference is the 3 characters which is cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Finally got home from travelling with work and played it for a bit last night and this morning. I really like it so far.

I've only done the early missions so far but I like the way they've staged them to further the story while still showing you the basics. Have spent a lot of time just driving, cycling, running and sailing around the map. The water effects are fantastic. I took a boat up one of the rivers to the big lake and then down another river. At one stage the sun was setting, I idled the boat in shallow water and let the current take me, moved the camera so I was looking down into the water and it looked so real, the shimmer of the sun, the tiny ripples of slow moving water, pebbles just under the surface and some deer drinking at the waters edge. I had to take a second to just enjoy the moment.

Rockstar have created a beautiful world, can't wait to see how the missions interact with it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The water effects are fantastic. I took a boat up one of the rivers to the big lake and then down another river. At one stage the sun was setting, I idled the boat in shallow water and let the current take me, moved the camera so I was looking down into the water and it looked so real, the shimmer of the sun, the tiny ripples of slow moving water, pebbles just under the surface and some deer drinking at the waters edge. I had to take a second to just enjoy the moment.

Rockstar have created a beautiful world, can't wait to see how the missions interact with it.

Before going on a homicidal killing spree GTA style... Yes good old Rockstar haha ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

When someone cites more clothes, wildlife and all the other stuff in GTA 4 as being different then I laugh too.

The main difference is the 3 characters which is cool

Did you even play GTA 4 or are you just trolling? There are clearly huge differences between 4 & 5.

Advertisement