Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Impressions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,475 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

RasTa wrote: »
    When someone cites more clothes, wildlife and all the other stuff in GTA 4 as being different then I laugh too.

The main difference is the 3 characters which is cool

I'm pretty sure it's the same game engine as 4 as well. Certainly feels like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This game is so much better and offers so much more than the stagnant and annoying GTA IV.

Obviously. From looking at it. You can see that. With your eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Loughc wrote: »
    Before going on a homicidal killing spree GTA style... Yes good old Rockstar haha ;)

Actually close enough. I sailed back out to see, stopped off at one of the seaside towns, tested out my knife on a few beach party-goers as the sun set, robbed a 24/7 store and ended up swimming to escape the cops!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

PC gamers and their constant "consoles aren't as good as PC's" comments make baby jesus cry. They just can't help themselves, it's unbelievable!
    Off the top of my head....driving, shooting, lighting, graphics, render distance, better story, better missions, smoother cover system, random events, question mark missions, having a big city + beautiful countryside, custom gun attachments, purchasable businesses, missions connected with purchased businesses, random wildlife, other people doing stuff like being chased by police happens more, 3 protagonists, stock market, customisable cars, better police AI, evading police by breaking line of sight, can rob stores, buy cars/planes/helicopters/boats online, can explore underwater, better water physics/graphics, push bikes, submarines, planes are back, more helicopters, more lively city, realistic amount of police on patrol, some people call the police if harassed rather than just running away, more armour/wepons, missions have background music, general atmosphere of the setting/story/game, improvable character features, more clothes, brang back elements of character customisation, die easier.

Probably other stuff too.
    And that's before the online mode is available!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,475 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Cienciano wrote: »
    PC gamers and their constant "consoles aren't as good as PC's" comments make baby jesus cry. They just can't help themselves, it's unbelievable!

And that's before the online mode is available!

Speaking for myself I'm only being honest. The concession that the hardware is 5 years old is totally fair but the fact is coming from playing GTA4 on the PC with max settings on a high resolution, GTA5 on the Xbox doesn't have the same wow factor.

I'm sure it will still be a good game but I guess it all depends on what you're used to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

DarkJager wrote: »
    Did you even play GTA 4 or are you just trolling? There are clearly huge differences between 4 & 5.

I did, this reminds me of an updated version of Vice city. Cycling, haircuts etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

People will always have problems with the game, the low user reviews on metacritics go on about how the graphics aren't great but the storyline is amazing. Rockstar have pushed the limits on these 7 year old systems, what they have done is truly impressive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭carol clery

I did, this reminds me of an updated version of Vice city. Cycling, haircuts etc.

Dont you mean SA????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Im surprised it got 10/10 in so many reviews, I understand what is meant by some people done stick to their roles, it just seems odd.
    one mission where i flying as Michael and Trevor is in the SUB, Why not put Michael or Franklin in the sub

certain character behaviours don't make sense either. Otherwise im loving it so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Im surprised it got 10/10 in so many reviews, I understand what is meant by some people done stick to their roles, it just seems odd.
    one mission where i flying as Michael and Trevor is in the SUB, Why not put Michael or Franklin in the sub

certain character behaviours don't make sense either. Otherwise im loving it so far

If that's the
    heist on the freighter
    you're talking about
    it makes sense that Trevor would be in the sub as he planned the heist and wanted to be the first one to see what was in the container

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I'm finding it very hard to get immersed in these characters, tbh. I think I'm unusual in that, I haven't heard anybody else with this complaint, and it's never really been an issue for me before, I just don't really care about these guys.

It's weird, I can't work out if it's something about this particular game that's they're not striking a chord with me or if I'm just getting older or something, but I've never found it this hard to get drawn into GTA characters before, even Niko had his charms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,792 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Franklin and Michael I like. Trevor just scares me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Franklin and Michael I like. Trevor just scares me.

I find Franklin amicable enough, I think Michael is grating on me a lot just because I feel like I've seen basically that character a thousand times in the last few years. The Michael/Trevor thing feels weirdly reminiscent of Kane & Lynch too, at least superficially.

I don't know, it's early days for me yet, but I'm just finding them harder work than I expected to get invested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

You don't even know the features of Vice City but use it as an example?! No wonder you don't know the difference between IV and V.

I bet I could give you Driver II and tell you it was GTAVI and you'd not notice for a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The police are a little too full on at times. The second you commit a crime they're on your tail and it's a real pain trying to lose them, I killed a lone hiker in the mountains last night and immediately got heat, How did they know? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

The police are a little too full on at times. The second you commit a crime they're on your tail and it's a real pain trying to lose them, I killed a lone hiker in the mountains last night and immediately got heat, How did they know? :confused:

Could've had witnesses.

Maybe it's like Skyrim, a cow saw you do it and called the police

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Its easy as pie to lose the cops, in fact i havent had an ounce of difficulty unless i go all out and start shooting a heap load of them.

You don't even know the features of Vice City but use it as an example?! No wonder you don't know the difference between IV and V.

I bet I could give you Driver II and tell you it was GTAVI and you'd not notice for a year.

lol seems I've upset a fanboy. You know I'm right.

There was a huge leap from San Andreas and GTA 4.

GTA 4 and 5 there is no way such a leap in terms of progression. For pointing this out I get attacked and labeled a troll. Sad really.

They probably should have waited another year and released it on the PS4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

GTA 4 and 5 there is no way such a leap in terms of progression. For pointing this out I get attacked and labeled a troll. Sad really.

You're not right though, You don't seem to know what you're takling about, if you did then you might have a point. You're talking about San Andreas and calling it Vice City.

• Advertisement

I think it's the opposite, most people know you're completely wrong! Not a big leap between 4 and this? :eek:
    You're having a laugh!

SV wrote: »
    You're not right though, You don't seem to know what you're takling about, if you did then you might have a point. You're talking about San Andreas and calling it Vice City.

That's not even my main point but way to jump on it. IF you could read you would notice I said there isn't much difference between 4 and 5 compared to whichever was before 4.

This is apparently trolling. Yes I got confused between a 8 and 11 year old games oh noes.

Cienciano wrote: »
    I think it's the opposite, most people know you're completely wrong! Not a big leap between 4 and this? :eek:
    You're having a laugh!

As I said please point out some differences another than switching people.

In no way is this a 10/10 game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

What do you class as a 10/10 game if this isn't? Go on, amuse us

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Please do not feed the troll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

This game is a technological masterpiece.

I was puzzled before release about why Rockstar were giving this a new number. GTA3 was followed by VC and SA, which were all the same generation, so I assumed the next GTA after IV would be like GTA:SA2 or something like that. After playing this for 18 hours or so, it's easy to see why it got its own number as it is so different from 4.

I'm about 30% through the game and enjoying it immensely. Driving is definitely more arcadey, but I prefer it to 4. IMO, the driving in SA had the perfect balance between arcade and realism and V feels like an updated version of SA. Also, no annoying "cousin, its your cousin" phonecalls is a welcome.

I also love switching to characters to see what they've been up to:
    Franklin was just finished with a prostitute one time, while Trevor was waking up in his underpants on top of the barrier on a major bridge.

DarkJager wrote: »
    What do you class as a 10/10 game if this isn't? Go on, amuse us

Last of us, Super Mario 64, Ocarina of time. Something new and innovative.

This whilst good just combines all the best bits of previous GTA's with polished up graphics.

8.5/10 is fair.

The differences have been pointed out. And if a game is good, it's good. Doesn't need to be different to be good.
    This game is better in every possible way to 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Just downloaded my free blimp, took it to the absolute height limit and jumped !!! then found i didn't have a bloody parachute !! :pac:

I was falling for quite a while...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Lambasted

Just got the game. Told I haven't enough free space. Aaaagh. How do I clear space and get going??

Advertisement