Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Impressions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Unearthly

RasTa wrote: »
    lol seems I've upset a fanboy. You know I'm right.

There was a huge leap from San Andreas and GTA 4.

GTA 4 and 5 there is no way such a leap in terms of progression. For pointing this out I get attacked and labeled a troll. Sad really.

They probably should have waited another year and released it on the PS4

As someone who thinks GTA 5 is amazing I don't actually disagree with much here.

Well maybe not the 1 year wait for ps4, 5 years waiting was long enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Lambasted wrote: »
    Just got the game. Told I haven't enough free space. Aaaagh. How do I clear space and get going??

Which console do you have it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Lambasted

Ps3. The old one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

Does anyone find the plane controls really irritating, it seems that the same things that irritated me in previous GTA games are still present. One thing which has really stuck out is the traffic AI, the cars rarely stop or try to avoid you especially at intersections. Also being on a motorbike is maddening at times when you barely bump off something and go flying! The game as a whole is really good but does it really deserve all those ten's..........no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,016 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Lambasted wrote: »
    Ps3. The old one

Delete Game Data from games you don't play or don't have any more. Press UP on the Game heading of the menu and go to Game Data Utility. Then delete game data from older games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Lambasted

Sorted-thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur.

I never played The Lost and Damned.

Was I supposed to care
    when Trevor killed that guy
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

LiamKK1982 wrote: »
    Does anyone find the plane controls really irritating, it seems that the same things that irritated me in previous GTA games are still present. One thing which has really stuck out is the traffic AI, the cars rarely stop or try to avoid you especially at intersections. Also being on a motorbike is maddening at times when you barely bump off something and go flying! The game as a whole is really good but does it really deserve all those ten's..........no.
    well if you were on a motorbike and hit a kerb at 100mph id love to see how long you'd stay on the bike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

well if you were on a motorbike and hit a kerb at 100mph id love to see how long you'd stay on the bike

Bitch Please!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

I absolutely love this game, its amazing, cant put the controller down, but whatever genius decided to but a button in that can magically flip a car back over from being upside down, what were they thinking! Other than that one thing, 10/10! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Tbh GTA IV is one of the most overrated games. This is what GTA IV should have been and much more. Just wish the story was a bit longer and the Driving a bit better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

lol seems I've upset a fanboy. You know I'm right.

There was a huge leap from San Andreas and GTA 4.

GTA 4 and 5 there is no way such a leap in terms of progression. For pointing this out I get attacked and labeled a troll. Sad really.

They probably should have waited another year and released it on the PS4

Was in your camp for the 1st 10 or so hours, annoyed that hints and instructions flash up too quick and i failed ****.

But then i stuck with it and fcuk me they somehow managed to make GTA 4, Red Dead and Max Payne 3 into one awesome game!!!

Easy 10/10 for me, OOT my 11/10 game nothing will ever come close to it but R* have found the formula and worked it.

Last of Us is a pile of Walking Dead/Ico rip off ****e btw :) between cutscenes i get to play .....yay......

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Was in your camp for the 1st 10 or so hours, annoyed that hints and instructions flash up too quick and i failed ****.

But then i stuck with it and fcuk me they somehow managed to make GTA 4, Red Dead and Max Payne 3 into one awesome game!!!

Easy 10/10 for me, OOT my 11/10 game nothing will ever come close to it but R* have found the formula and worked it.

Last of Us is a pile of Walking Dead/Ico rip off ****e btw :) between cutscenes i get to play .....yay......

Most ill-informed post of the decade?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    [/B]

It's the guys opinion.

It's just as relevant as yours.

It's the guys opinion.

It's just as relevant as yours.

Looked more like a statement than an opinion to meh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Excellent gaming experience, haven't experienced anything as addictive in a long time.

I guess it's because I was much younger and significantly less politically aware last time I played a GTA release properly, but I never quite realised just how smart the political satire is. The humour is really top notch, it annoys me that so many people who never play it think that the game's level of intellect plateaus at the point where we beat up a hooker and steal her cash.

I like the balance in the characters, Michael and Trevor are both highly flawed and Franklin is highly naive.

My biggest annoyance at the moment is Bawsaq stock exchange. My Xbox is not hooked up to the internet so its a pain that I'll never be able to use, and some companies are only listed on Bawsaq (I.E Beta pharmaceuticals)

My next biggest annoyance is that I can't switch characters mid mission to make financial transactions. So at the moment I have to do the worlds most complex insider trading....

"Franklin gets hit mission"

Franklin learns which company he needs to invest in before he does said mission.

I try to switch to Michael because he has way more money.

I can't, so I have to end the mission by getting Franklin to commit suicide and not opt to retry.

I then invest with all characters, and I restart the mission with Franklin.

Finally with some missions I feel the interface could be more helpful, particularly with missions involving shooting people.

In one of the assassinations you have to kill someone in a skyscraper with a sniper rifle, although it gives you a clue where to luck I misinterpreted the clue and wasted a whole lot of time looking for the wrong thing.

Frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

Last of us, Super Mario 64, Ocarina of time. Something new and innovative.

This whilst good just combines all the best bits of previous GTA's with polished up graphics.

8.5/10 is fair.

Every publication and aggregator would disagree with you. Not to say you can't have your opinion, but as far as current gen gaming goes, this is a masterpiece and a true feat to be able to develop it on old hardware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

What's not to love about a game like GTA V? I don't get all the moans about graphical glitches/pop up/draw distance ... it looks great if you can get over those minor niggles. And I say minor, as the graphics are not the be all in a game like this. It's supposed to be fun! Every time I play it's a different experience. I love the randomness, I love how the city feels alive, more so than any of the previous GTA or any similar sandbox game, put together.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

logik wrote: »
    I think people like you must have fallen and banged your head...

We are talking about hardware what was released in 2005... that is 8 YEARS ago. Just to put that into context, GTA5 is running on a console (Xbox 360) that only has 512MB or RAM and that RAM is only clocked at 700Mhz. The GFX chip is over 5 generations old and the CPU is an old Xenon PowerPC Tri Core.

What they have managed to get out of hardware that old is simply amazing.

Sure, if it was on the PS4 or Xbox One or PC with CURRENT hardware it would look and run alot better but we are judging it on the current PS3 and Xbox 360.

You make me laugh.

I couldn't care less what system it runs on, or how old the hardware is. Simple fact is that all of the pre-release media was a lie (go back and look at all of those perfect screenshots and videos) and people who say the game looks amazing are wrong. Without anti-aliasing it looks poor in many areas. It may look good for an 360 or PS3 game, but that's about it.

Maybe if people weren't so easily pleased this generation of consoles would have been replaced sooner. You people are holding the industry as a whole back. For shame.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

krudler wrote: »
    This game is beautiful, open your eyes, again I say, show me a gamw with a city as detailed that looks better?

Any game with anti-aliasing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭RoryMac

I couldn't care less what system it runs on, or how old the hardware is. Simple fact is that all of the pre-release media was a lie (go back and look at all of those perfect screenshots and videos) and people who say the game looks amazing are wrong. Without anti-aliasing it looks poor in many areas. It may look good for an 360 or PS3 game, but that's about it.

Maybe if people weren't so easily pleased this generation of consoles would have been replaced sooner. You people are holding the industry as a whole back. For shame.

Maybe some people aren't over-analysing the mechanics of game rather than the content like you seem to be, so what if there's no anti-aliasing(I don't know or care what that is)

It seems for most people the game has lived up to their expectations and perhaps exceeded them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭Liamalone

They shouldn't release any other games now because this is the best game EVER!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

Great game to finish off the ps3 era.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuEbegFOipPJwmW8P-ziGqPxCPS3iMSQHQ6qNPdcUgEIEtubYs

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Liamalone wrote: »
    They shouldn't release any other games now because this is the best game EVER!!!!

Better cancel the PS4 Production so.... :P

Great game tho. Fantastic graphics with addicitve gameplay to booth!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

errlloyd wrote: »
    Excellent gaming experience, haven't experienced anything as addictive in a long time.

I guess it's because I was much younger and significantly less politically aware last time I played a GTA release properly, but I never quite realised just how smart the political satire is. The humour is really top notch, it annoys me that so many people who never play it think that the game's level of intellect plateaus at the point where we beat up a hooker and steal her cash.

I like the balance in the characters, Michael and Trevor are both highly flawed and Franklin is highly naive.

My biggest annoyance at the moment is Bawsaq stock exchange. My Xbox is not hooked up to the internet so its a pain that I'll never be able to use, and some companies are only listed on Bawsaq (I.E Beta pharmaceuticals)

My next biggest annoyance is that I can't switch characters mid mission to make financial transactions. So at the moment I have to do the worlds most complex insider trading....

"Franklin gets hit mission"

Franklin learns which company he needs to invest in before he does said mission.

I try to switch to Michael because he has way more money.

I can't, so I have to end the mission by getting Franklin to commit suicide and not opt to retry.

I then invest with all characters, and I restart the mission with Franklin.

Finally with some missions I feel the interface could be more helpful, particularly with missions involving shooting people.

In one of the assassinations you have to kill someone in a skyscraper with a sniper rifle, although it gives you a clue where to luck I misinterpreted the clue and wasted a whole lot of time looking for the wrong thing.

Frustrating.

I think we will need a thread that deals with scenes and missions of GTA (all or just this one) that are clear piss takes / nods / satire to real life

Anyone noting the Liberty City References ?

The Talk Shows are much better than listening to the music (just about, some great tunes)

You know, in they way that in Fr Ted , Eoin MacLove is Daniel O'Donnell and his kind, The Lovely Girls Competition is the Rose of Tralee, that Annoying female singer (in Lovely Girls Competition episode) is Sinead O'Connor, The alcoholic BBC Presenter is Terry Wogan? and the best one; John n Mary - From the outside a loving couple and keep up appearances but , like Many Irish families, all is not what is seems to be

Tbh GTA IV is one of the most overrated games. This is what GTA IV should have been and much more. Just wish the story was a bit longer and the Driving a bit better.

There was a bit of an anti climax to the STORY of GTA IV (Obviously the graphics were superior to the great GTA San Andreas), it is all about the story.

I accept that Nikko was an immigrant, smuggler, and may not be fully educated, so why expect him to be an expert in every form of combat, driving and flying (note the tough controls), maybe it was intended to make driving rubbish? THe supporting characters were annoying (stupid sop to an Irish American Family, one of whom sending money home for "the cause - IRA in GTA, now that would be interesting, Belfast Style, along with the rural Crossmaglen area) Nikko was a bit of a miserable bastard (character wise) Could not warm to him . Whereas in GTA 5, all the characters have a likable side to them

Actually, while I did like GTA IV (but not enough to go back playing it again and again) The Ballad of Gay Tony was fun.

Story longer? Which GTA 4 or 5?

I find Franklin amicable enough, I think Michael is grating on me a lot just because I feel like I've seen basically that character a thousand times in the last few years. The Michael/Trevor thing feels weirdly reminiscent of Kane & Lynch too, at least superficially.

I don't know, it's early days for me yet, but I'm just finding them harder work than I expected to get invested in.

Franklin, surprisingly is the best one, SO FAR (early), looking forward to seeing what can be done when there is enough money to buy property etc. I taught the idea of another potential for tribe wars (I don't know if there are, I am assuming) would be boring, some how, I doubt it

Michael is a bit whingy , again, early days

Trevor, is a freak but actually enjoyable to play

The promotion posters : In one picture, (Michael holding money), Michael looks like that chap Ian McShane (Lovejoy / Dead Wood), while in another picture, Trevor looks like the baddie in the Matrix Films (you know, the Aussie dude who is also in Lord of the Rings)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

It may look good for an 360 or PS3 game, but that's about it.

Listen to yourself..... It is only out on the 360 and PS3 so why are you trying to compare, what it WOULD look like on a high end PC etc.....

It looks amazing on the current gen of consoles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Simply Red wrote: »
    I absolutely love this game, its amazing, cant put the controller down, but whatever genius decided to but a button in that can magically flip a car back over from being upside down, what were they thinking! Other than that one thing, 10/10! :D

It is a bit of a cop out, but don't forget, if you don't agree with it, you don't have to use it! :D
    I thought the same, but when you're miles away from anywhere in the mountains and you roll your car, it's handy. Maybe it should be disabled during missions, just usable for free roam.
    [/B]

Well, it's all opinions. But imho The Last of Us is the most over rated game of all time. GTA5 is ten times better.

Advertisement