Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

extremly broody

Options
  • 17-09-2013 1:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi guys. Just trying to figure out if its only Me going through this..
    So I had my first beautiful baby just 18 months ago. And my god he's my world. Would b completly lost without him. Such a happy baby but at times drives Me bananas.. anyhows just to give the hole picture Me n my partners together 3 years. Were a young eniugh couple 23& 24. He's a good job and I'm full time mam.. finances are steady and all that. Anyhows the last month I'm so feckn broody..feel as though I need to be pregnant like my body is telling Me. Have never felt like this as 1st one was unplanned. Its all I seem to have on my mind and its driving Me mad that I can't stop thinking about it. 1st pregnancy was horrible & constant in hospital throughout n labour was rough. 34 hours!!!!! Of hell... so uv no idea y I'm feeling lije this when I swore id never again.

Iv mentioned it as a slight joke to himself but he was saying in another 2-3 yrs... I don't no weather to bring it up again ir just tell him I want it or weather its just hormones..
    Also iv the implanon in n have read up it gives the body a false sense of pregnsncy. Could this be making Me feel like this. Any advice or similar stories would mean the world. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I've a boy of 17 months & would be pretty broody too. I feel, for myself anyway it's this irrational need to be pregnant again but I know logically it's just not the right time. I had a not so nice birth & swore I'd never have another baby, had the OH down to the GP's office 3 weeks after our son was born for the snip only the nurse talked us into leaving it a little while & see how we felt then so I don't know where these feelings have come from.
    It sometimes helps to sit down & write up a pros & cons list, this helps to bring me down to earth a little bit as the cons outweigh the pros for us right now.
    We are going to start trying again in a year so until then I've just got proactive, noting my cycles & getting to know the signs & symptoms of ovulation, eating healthy, losing weight etc. so when the time comes I will be healthier & have a good idea of how my body works & hopefully get pregnant pretty quickly. Doing this also helps me feel like I'm working towards having another baby & this helps keep the broodiness at bay!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Hi OP. I've deleted your other thread in the main parenting forum. Please do not post multiple threads on the same issue.

Also, medical advice cannot be given so advice about the implanon and it's side effects are not to be discussed. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi so I was the one who wrote the main post. Spoke to my partner and he told Me to go dics have a chat and c weather I'm feeling is normal or not and joked I could b oregfers d usual banter but did agree wed try again nxt year if I still want to so was over the moon. Rang n made appointment for docs n she fitted Me in yesterday. Went abyhows and explained everything how I was feeling. She checked Me over blood pressure ect n stomach d lot and just went slightly quiet and then chatred again. Only with this dic few minths so spoke about my contraceptive method and all was good. Told Me its quiet normal to feel this way as its hormones playing away and what not thar it should settle soon and just to relax but asked Me to give a urine sample just to rule out possability of oregnancy even with the contraceptive just to be safe so off I went done a pee brang it back n she tested it while we spoke more and then told Me the rest has came up posative that sometimes can give false readings due to hormines or contraceptive anyhows I didn't think too much of it tinkn was false but she sent Me to hosp to be safe n get checked further. Had the usual bloids done aswell ss urine sample waited an hour doc came back and brang Me for scan. 13 weeks pregnant contraceptive just didn't work no idea y had it removed asap and was registered with anti natal clinic... shocked completly but over the moon. No wonder felt weird. & baby perfect strong heartbeat.. got home showed Paul scan pic n he ckocked on his tea. Cudnt believe it and says at least I no y ur so hormonal now haha. Bit soon but hey delighted

Advertisement