Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debt Collectors

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

traxam wrote: »
    Hi-
    Yes it is in my name. I never got a reading when tenant moved out. Lesson learnt.
    It wasn't so much the debt but the way ESB were to deal with that made me switch. I've been paying it off in instalments up to now but the debt collectors are really pissing me off to the extent that I feel like just ignoring them altogether.
    Ive done pretty similar in moving while still having an outstanding bill.

The same debt collection company were in contact via letter threatening all sorts including a home visit. In the meantime we paid some money off the bill and have continued to do so each month.

The letters stopped, no visit and the debt is nearly gone.

I never worried because they have no legal cause to visit you(they can if they want and say what they want) but until the debt has been proceseed through the courts debt collection companies havent a leg to stand on until a court orders you to pay the debt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

There ''hired goons'' are they because of money they owe, because they have ignored it in the first place. By telling them to ignore then you are encouraging them to ignore there it

surprise surprise foggy_lad laking the people who encourage people to ignore there debts

• Advertisement

Something they have clearly not done, if fact they have said they wont do it. Like i said before they may have no power but its still not a reason to ignore them. Twist it what ever way you like if it makes you feel better.

insulting? oh my someone doesn't agree with me on the internet :rolleyes: Its ok you dont have to cry about it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Thing is: if the provider passes the debt to a collection agency, then it's no longer on the provider's system.
    So even though people are saying it's the provider only who should be dealt with, it may be a case that they can't be dealt with any longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

In my experience of working in the area, it does. It gets moved to the other agency.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

traxam wrote: »
    Hi,

I switched from ESB to Airtricity over a dispute with an electricity bill.

Basically they had under-estimated my tenant's bill for months, he moved out, I moved in and then they took an actual reading and my first bill with them was for 400e. As the bill is in my name I know I am responsible.

I've paid off 250e of it so far while having switched to Airtricity.

ESB have passed the debt on to BCW debt collectors who are ringing 3-4 times a day for the last month.
    What are the implications of me not engaging with BWC? Does it affect my credit rating?

You should have done a metre reading with tenants. Then they pay final bill based on that. Not the esbs fault I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

As the OP has been banned I am closing this thread.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement