Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding A Business Partner

Options
  • 17-09-2013 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi There,

I am hoping someone can help me find a business partner or advise me on how I should go about finding one.

Basically I am looking for someone in the same position as myself. I have a limited company with just myself as an employee. I offer IT consultancy and software development service and have done so for about 4 years. I have had a full time employee for one of those years. I have realised during this time that to expand a business you need to partner up with someone as it is too difficult to get more contracts when it is just you, as your time is already taken up with the contracts that you have, therefore leaving it impossible to get more contracts unless you are willing to pay an employee to sit and do nothing and wait until you get more contracts to come in for him/her to work on, but this is not something I am willing to do, because the area of IT that i work in is fairly well paid so if i was to pay an employee with similar expertise to myself it would be way too costly if it didn't work out.

So now my thoughts are that I would like to set up a new business and want to join up with someone to do this. I have a reasonable sum of money that I would be willing to invest and also have the experience of setting up and running a business. I would be looking for someone in the same position as me that would like to partner up. I do not really mind the area of the business, it could be anything from a pizza shop to an IT company to a petrol station etc.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Cheers
    Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

There is a sticky at the top of this forum for this very purpose!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BusinessGuy

Thanks for the information, I have now gone to the sticky and will post there instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bgsl

Hi Dave
    I also am looking for a business partner to enter the IT service sector, computer repair and network support with a 3D printing service. Ive been in the motor trade and consctruction management for 30 year on and off, lived in London for 20 odd years.

Advertisement