Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Coosan Area

Options
  • 17-09-2013 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

I'm thinking of getting UPC installed for broadband and I live in the Coosan area. Anyone else have this and recommend or otherwise?
    Thanks,
    Glen

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I'd highly recommend UPC, but you'd want to check and see if it's available at your address. You should be able to chat with someone online and they'll let you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

How far from town are you??
    UPC's network is basically a ring network around athlone town. .you might not be able to get it where you are.
    call them up and see if its available.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭glen25

Thanks for the replies folks. Gave them a call and all that is available to me is digital TV, no broadband. I'm waiting on a call back from Sky to see what the story is with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

If you can get eircom you can get sky...same connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

I'm in Shancurragh in Coosan and I use Digiweb Metro, been with them for about 4 years now, 30mb service with 100GB allowance including phone for €45 a month. It's wireless based so you have to have line of sight to the Sheraton. Can't fault it as a service, had Eirc0n and BT before and they were crap, maxed out at 3mb. Be careful what they promise you in Sky/Eirc0n, we were told we definately should be getting at least 8mb but even after an engineer called out all we could get was the 3MB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭glen25

Ill give digiweb a call and see what they have available. Reckon I should be in line of sight to Sheraton. Thanks for that

Advertisement