Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Agency

Options
  • 17-09-2013 10:29am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

gilberto hasnt been online since lat night, i sent him a PM when he was offline.

In the interests of speeding things up, I think we give Gilberto the highest rated player available?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Gentlemen, what to do you think about doing a free for all for Free agency? its taking a long time

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'd let FA run during the Preseason and try and get one round done in that time and if it is very slow do a free for all after that but only 1 free agent pick up per gameweek.

It's not crucial that it gets done prior to the season starting I don't think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Gentlemen, what to do you think about doing a free for all for Free agency? its taking a long time

I think the way I proposed to do it initially would be best, it would be more fair than a free for all and if people aren't about to take their picks tough luck. But it may be a bit too late at this stage.

Edit - I still think it may be the best, do it tomorrow starting in the morning. Give people during the day an hour to do their pick and people in the evening 30 mins. Like its not the most important thing about the game. If it was solely up to me I would do the FA then advance the league right to the Week 1 straight away.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Ok Im going to advance the league shortly, aim to kick off the league on Friday.

Sound good?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Have CPU teams grabbed the best FA's already? Doesn't seem to be too much there at the moment

• Advertisement

Yep 8 or 9 of them I think Adrian

Hey lads, I am away from my desk from about 9:45 for a couple of hours tomorrow, can you assist with keeping people on track for the draft?

I can keep an eye on things and send PM's.

I can try to too but won't be at my desk all that much.

Cheers lads, i should be back around 11:30 but tyrell and gilberto are awful slow, we'll speed up once we get past those guys

• Advertisement

Well they have already made their selections? They won't change? So can just skip them?

Raoul wrote: »
    Well they have already made their selections? They won't change? So can just skip them?

Actually good point!

Stick their picks in the picks thread again, get 2 people out of the way. Nothing has changed since they made their picks.

Just thinking, if you make a pick in the thread you do need to pick that person up before the week is advanced, or can the commish add them to their roster. Heli, let me know as soon as you are joined up and I will make you commish. I don't cope well under pressure.

People need to sign their players by the time of the advance, if the CPU picks them up there is nothing that can be done. Having said that if the league is filled with PFLers it shouldn't be an issue.

Stick their picks in the picks thread again, get 2 people out of the way. Nothing has changed since they made their picks.

Just thinking, if you make a pick in the thread you do need to pick that person up before the week is advanced, or can the commish add them to their roster. Heli, let me know as soon as you are joined up and I will make you commish. I don't cope well under pressure.

Yes we all remember what happened last time!!

Yes we all remember what happened last time!!

Well look who is commish under this catastrophe. Made you commish of the franchise there now

Well look who is commish under this catastrophe. Made you commish of the franchise there now

I am100% blaming EA and also everyone for leaving and us having CPU slots!

Lads i'll be tied up til about 11, HowAreWe wants to pick Willis MacGahee, he has until 10:03, if he hasnt posted by then himself please stick it in the thread and PM linebacker.

What happens if a pick is missed, is it forefeited completely or can they pick when they get back online?

adrian522 wrote: »
    What happens if a pick is missed, is it forefeited completely or can they pick when they get back online?

Yeah I suppose it is only fair to let them have it when they get back online.

Adrian, pm'd you there. Thought Paddy had until 10.42 so I said Paully could have until 11.20.

• Advertisement

Yeah, made a mitake in my calculations :( He's made his pick anyway.

You PM'd the wrong guy anyway, his username is linebacker52, his GT is p4ddy31

Yeah I know I sent a follow up to linebacker52 though pretty much straight away.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Yeah I know I sent a follow up to linebacker52 though pretty much straight away.

Ah didnt see that, i had a deluge of PMs when i came back to my desk!

presume mikey is asleep!

Don't think I copied you guys on the forwarded PM to linebacker52 :(

who did linebacker pick?

Clements I think.

So as this is a snake draft Caroller will get 2 consecutive picks and we go backwards through the order for round 2, correct?

Yep!

Nobody commented on my epic table creating and colour changing skills.

• Advertisement

I noticed adrian, but its taking a lot of effort to deal with all the PMS coming in!

Advertisement